RC Champion

Had to put my German Shepard down tonight.

Very hard thing to do. My long time family pet had to be put down. Had her for 7 years
    She was part of the family going to miss her. She went on walks with me always greeted me at the gate.
    This sucks.
    Last edited by GlowThunder; 12-10-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    So sorry to hear that you lost your friend.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    sorry to hear that bro
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    Thank you for the reply

was their a reason to put down your long time friend? when my friends had to put down their friends(animals) yes many different years. I told them think about it really if they are in pain with cancer some had it and were really in pain, some of hip problems, arthuritis, diabetic all the time in pain and blind. I told them what hurts more seeing them in pain or resting knowing they were best friends and you loved them while they were with you for the time being. As a saying goes i have heard many times "He/She was a faithful servant fullfilled their purpose in life of what God had for them". I've had 2 dogs put down so far and hurt both times but i think now they are doing better now. i know its not what you want to hear sorry if this bothers you.
    sorry to hear you lost your friend but i bet it was your best friend as animal wise as most are.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Yes her back legs gave out Saturday early Sunday morning. She could not get up to walk or eat! It started Friday night but she l
    Looked to be ok. Saturday she was looking ok to us. Then Sunday morning all she could do was lay there.
    I brought her in the house Sunday and she made THSES moaning noises becuase she was In pain.
    The vet said one of her disc came out of place. So we had no choice but to put her down hardest thing I had to do!!

RC Champion
    Man thats terrible. So sorry to hear.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Man sorry to hear that she was in pain then . I know how the disc's can be for dogs have seen it a few times and worst thing for a dog is to displease its beat friend when they can't get up to greet you and give love.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowThunder View Post
    Very hard thing to do. My long time family pet had to be put down. Had her for 7 years
    She was part of the family going to miss her. She went on walks with me always greeted me at the gate.
    This sucks.
    It sometimes hurts more to lose a pet than a human.....sorry to hear of your loss. I was gutted many years ago when I had to put down my pet Doberman. Hurts like nothing else.

RC Competitor
    So sorry for your loss. I've had to put down a few pets in the past. Just reading this is hard. They are truly mans best friend.

RC Champion
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Just the thought of having to put my collie down brings tears to my eyes, I love her to pieces.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    i had a dog for 1 year, and i cried all day when he died
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Champion
    that sucks. about 6 months ago i lost a dog to kidney failure. sorry to hear about your dog.

RC Champion
    thanks for the replies means a lot .

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Making the decision to put an animal down is a difficult decision to make. My wife and I had to put one of our cats down last week, and it definitely wasn't an easy thing to do. Even though you know that they are not going to be suffering any longer, it's still hard to lose a member of the family.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    awww you lost a cat . yep it was very hard Decision but she was in a lot of pain poor girl could not even walk so i had no choice.she was with us for 7 years and my daugthers loved her to death.

RC Racer
    Very sorry to hear that, you did the right thing, but I know that doesn't make it any easier. Truly sorry for your loss.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Qualifier
    It's very sorry to hear but you did the right thing because I had two basenjis and they both lasted 16 and a half year awesome dogs but they both had kidney failure and its so hard even when you see you best friend in so much pain. Also my first basenji had gotten to the point were she only could whimper and wine and you could see in her eyes that she was scared and didn't know what to do, but its very hard and I a lot of us know how hard it is but you have to remember you did the right thing

And if you guys are wondering what a basenji looks like here was one If mine

Thanks guy I feel better too
    Hope you feel better man

Very sorry to hear that, its never easy.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    We had to put dog our little guy last Weds. He was only two yrs old but had cancer and there was nothing that could have been done.

The house isn't the same without him and we're still all very sad.

I'm sorry for your loss and understand your pain.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes her back legs gave out Saturday early Sunday morning. She could not get up to walk or eat! It started Friday night but she l
    Looked to be ok. Saturday she was looking ok to us. Then Sunday morning all she could do was lay there.
    I brought her in the house Sunday and she made THSES moaning noises becuase she was In pain.
    The vet said one of her disc came out of place. So we had no choice but to put her down hardest thing I had to do!!
    I know exactly how you feel, I had a male, and a female, and had to do the same with both, they were almost the same age as yours maybe older. That's pretty common on German Shepard, hip dysplasia, arthritis, spinal stenosis, that really sucks. I'm sorry for your loss they are great smart dogs, very protective.

I'm a huge dog lover... I've had to do this before and it's not an easy thing to do... Sorry to hear you pooch could not have been helped... But also you need to take peace in the fact your dog was probably in a LOT of pain and this was the best thing you could do for your pet...

I remember the days I've had to take my dog to the vet and do the deed... Let's just say I can't dwell on those times much.. But I know what I had to do was the right thing...

Maybe Santa may bring a puppy? Even though no 2 dogs are the same they still have that bond.....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Sorry to hear man. Its always hard to lose mans best friend. They are such awesome companions. We have a boxer mix and she is the best. Not sure of your intentions and might be to soon. But adopting making awesome new friends.

Wish ya the best on you and the family.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Sorry to hear about your dog. I went through the exact same thing with my lab just over a year ago. Had her since she was a pup back in 97, so I guess you could say she lived a good long life. Very hard to bring myself to do it, but I could tell she was suffering. She started having troubles getting up and down the front porch steps. Not long after, she stopped walking. Had her to the vet numerous times and they tried everything. For awhile I was walking her around in some sort of sling that went under her belly so I could help hold her weight. But after weeks of waking up to find her laying in her own feces and giving me that "look", I knew what I had to do. I stayed in the room with her and comforted her the best I could while they gave her the injection. Probably the worst feeling I've ever experienced in my life. I was 32 at the time and cried like a little girl, but I figured I owed her that much.

It's a tough thing to go through, no doubt. Sorry again for your loss.

RC Champion
    thanks for all reply's. i am glad i ma not the only who had to do this. Sunday morning all she could do is lay there and look at me could not walk or anything i knew she was in pain.all she would do is move her front legs and try to get up . by 10pm at night she was in bad shape so off to the vet. and doc at the vet knew there was nothihng she could do to help her.so i had no choice to do this. she laid on that exam table looking at me like help me..

she laid on that exam table looking at me like help me..
    You did help her the best way you could....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    You did help her the best way you could....
    You know what man this is how I felt about my dog... He was loyal to me for 16 and 1/2 years and he has been with me on all my sick days he was my best friend you know all ways there but the best I could do for him was to put him out of his misery and tell and show him how much I loved him before he went to that better place in the sky it bring tears go my eyes reading everyone's post and writing this one.. You did the best thing for her

Sorry to hear that, it's never easy, even though it's the best thing for our furry friends when they have a turn for the worse.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Sorry for your loss. I recently did the same after 15 years. Very hard to do. The entire family was crying. You become attached to them and love them like another kid

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good