RC Racer

Platinum or ultimate ?

Is there any word on traxxas putting an ultimate or platinum edition of the 1/10. Rally? I am thinking I want the rally but the Slash ultimate or rally seems to be a much better deal. Any ideas or suggestions ?

IMO, would go Slash 4x4 Ultimate, since it comes with every thing the rally has, plus the upgrades. And if you buy the Slash, you can get those new shocks with it too. It does cost more, but in the long run it's cheaper than buying the upgrades later. The rally is cool, but the tire size is odd, making it really hard to find correct size/looking wheels. Just my .02 cents. Good luck!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You could buy a rally AND a platinum slash, swap all the parts you want to make an ultimate or platinum rally... then sell the other one. Youd probably end up getting MOST of your money back... it would be more expensive than if traxxas just built a platinum rally... but it would cost significantly less than buying all the upgrade parts on their own.

I, unfortunately, bought the old platinum slash to get the parts off... only days before traxxas released the new one. It should be here tomorrow but im going to do exactly that. Take all the platinum parts off, swap my stock parts onto the slash and sell it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Thanks, plus they have the lcg chassis now, I guess a body, some bumpers and a set of wheels and its an unbeatable two for one.