Thread: Nitro slash

RC Competitor

Nitro slash

Has any one thought of doing a brushless conversion on a nitro slash it would be cool.
    -lcg chassis
    -mid motor
    -uses the slash suspension

RC Qualifier
    Could do well at 2wd SC club races...

The only real issue would be a motor mount and a battery hold down, which shouldn't be hard to mock up with some scrap metal.
    SSC SLASH 4X4

RC Champion
    Why try to re-invent the wheel? An E slash is already available. You can do a LCG chassis for it. It could be done very easilly. But Why bother?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    Why try to re-invent the wheel? An E slash is already available. You can do a LCG chassis for it. It could be done very easilly. But Why bother?
    Plus one to that, And if you want it to be 2wd just remove the center drive shaft.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    This setup is mid motor and in aluminum, more durable than the Chuckworks fiberglass.

Running a 4x4 Slash with the front wheels disengaged makes for a crappy 2wd vehicle. The weight balance is meant to spread weight over the 4 drive wheels, not the 2 rear wheels like the Slash 2wd and this new nitro slash.
    SSC SLASH 4X4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by indy34096 View Post
    This setup is mid motor and in aluminum, more durable than the Chuckworks fiberglass.

Running a 4x4 Slash with the front wheels disengaged makes for a crappy 2wd vehicle. The weight balance is meant to spread weight over the 4 drive wheels, not the 2 rear wheels like the Slash 2wd and this new nitro slash.
    Exactly. A nitro slash e conversion would work very well. Motor mount is EASY all it takes is some aluminum or steel and a little drilling. I've made many motor mounts with just a drill and some scrap metal from the local dump.

EDIT In fact, I made a motor mount plate for one of my savages the other day and I've been rippin my vxl combo in an 11 pound truck. Hauls it better than you would think. Off topic I know but I'm really impressed with the vxl motor. Not the esc, the motor.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    I guess you guys have a good point. Mid-motor would improve the E slash for sure. I would want to use a mamba or some other 1/8 scale motor to push the extra weight. An I guess you could put the battery where the fuel tank goes. Wouldnt hurt to give it a try I quess. But I will let someone else try this mod first.

RC Champion
    If someone sends me a nitro slash I'll make you a motor mount and battery compartment!
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"