Thread: platinum body??

RC Competitor

platinum body??

will the platinum body work on my revo? i have a shorter chassis 2.5 model. having a hard time finding a body like the platinum or crowd pleazer type. thanks
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Racer
    It will be 30 mm too long. You can get it to fit by making the front body mount holes 30mm behind the original, but the front of the body will hang over the front bumper. So you'll have to do some trimming.

Now a 2.5 body trimmed up fits nicely on a 3.3 chassis.

RC Competitor
    thanks for the reply. thats what i kinda thot. i wonder if a guy could put some spacers on front bumper to extend it? hhmmmm. kinda worth it. can get a unpainted platinum body for under $20. thanks ausher
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    why not buy the extended chassis to fit the body in neatly. chassis on ebay are like $6.99
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Champion
    You will also need a front center driveshaft as well, if you go extended chassis.

Above is a pic of a revo 2.5 roller I bought, the seller drilled the front holes in the 2.5 location and then mounted a bumper right on the body. I would try to avoid hitting things with the bumper mounted to the body since there really is no front end crash protection.
    Last edited by Zepher; 12-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    why not buy the extended chassis to fit the body in neatly. chassis on ebay are like $6.99
    I love those wheels!
    could you please tell me what brand/part no. they are?
    Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i envy your truck, its too awesome!
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

RC Champion
    I prefer the 2.5 chassis, with the extended rear arms. I need the tighter turning radius, 'cause the track my kid races at is tight.

Some truggy bodies will fit the 2.5 chassis. I use a JConcepts Illuzion Punisher body, for a Losi 8ight-T 2.0, Part # 0066. I dremmeled the bumpers and roll bar, to get the fit and height I wanted. The body covers the front bumper, and trimmed about 1/2" off the roll bar height.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

Quote Originally Posted by hfofhf View Post
    I love those wheels!
    could you please tell me what brand/part no. they are?
    Thanks.
    they are HPI phaltline tires on blast wheels. check them out on ebay, thats where i got them from. some are preglued but i bought mine separate cause i prefer glueing it myself and plus i gorilla tape the inside to prevent balloning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oomp View Post
    I prefer the 2.5 chassis, with the extended rear arms. I need the tighter turning radius, 'cause the track my kid races at is tight.

Some truggy bodies will fit the 2.5 chassis. I use a JConcepts Illuzion Punisher body, for a Losi 8ight-T 2.0, Part # 0066. I dremmeled the bumpers and roll bar, to get the fit and height I wanted. The body covers the front bumper, and trimmed about 1/2" off the roll bar height.
    [/IMG][/IMG]
    yeah ,i agree...the short chassis are great for tight turns and for a track like you mention. i do have the 2.5 chassis and turn it into a street machine.

edit: is'nt installing the extended rear a-arms will give you just about the same wheelbase as the extended chassis with a stock a-arms?
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-12-2012 at 12:24 AM.

RC Champion
    is'nt installing the extended rear a-arms will give you just about the same wheelbase as the extended chassis with a stock a-arms?
    The extended arms can extend the wheelbase up to 19mm. I think the 3.3 chassis is 33mm longer than the 2.5 chassis. So, it is still 14mm (1/2") shorter. The primary reason I like the extended arms is the fact that it shifts the weight forward.

The way I see it, they screwed up when they made the 3.3. chassis. They should not have extended the front end, they should have extended the rear end, so as to shift more of the weight forward (shifting the weight forward was their primary reasoning for the extended chassis). Just the fact that they moved the steering servos back is a screw up. At the very least, they should have left the servo where it was, when extending the 2.5 chassis. There was an aftermarket company (3Racing ?)that made an extended chassis, and they left the servos in the forward position.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oomp View Post
    The extended arms can extend the wheelbase up to 19mm. I think the 3.3 chassis is 33mm longer than the 2.5 chassis. So, it is still 14mm (1/2") shorter. The primary reason I like the extended arms is the fact that it shifts the weight forward.

The way I see it, they screwed up when they made the 3.3. chassis. They should not have extended the front end, they should have extended the rear end, so as to shift more of the weight forward (shifting the weight forward was their primary reasoning for the extended chassis). Just the fact that they moved the steering servos back is a screw up. At the very least, they should have left the servo where it was, when extending the 2.5 chassis. There was an aftermarket company (3Racing ?)that made an extended chassis, and they left the servos in the forward position.
    the servos are in the same place on both chassis'. All they did was move the front bulkhead and shocks forward.
    You are saying they should have moved the servos forward along with the bulkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    You are saying they should have moved the servos forward along with the bulkhead.
    yep, thats what they should have done but, then again that leave the trans and engine behind, its best if they extend it from the rear.

RC poster
    Hi Oomp,
    Sorry to bother you here i couldn't find out how to Private message you, I have been searching for a 2nd Gear lock plate for my Revo/Brushless conversion. to get reverse, i was hoping you would be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by rekmans View Post
    Hi Oomp,
    Sorry to bother you here i couldn't find out how to Private message you, I have been searching for a 2nd Gear lock plate for my Revo/Brushless conversion. to get reverse, i was hoping you would be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for your time.
    Click his name on the left side of the screen, and then hit Private Message.
    Learn by doing