RC Competitor

Big joes what beadlocks?

I'm looking to upgrading my wheel/tyre set on my summit and after a lot of research i've decided on some Big Joes as I like the idea of having some extra stability. However i'm a bit confused as to which beadlocs to get, i've seen some Axial ones mentioned but would like to know which are best fit etc.

I assume this is the right tyre
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Truck-Tires-2

Is this the beadlocks I need as i've seen narrow ones mentioned?
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Wheel-Black-2

thanks
    Last edited by DayWalker; 12-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.

RC Champion
    Yes you have the correct set up. Big Joe's are designed for the wide wheels, although I have seen them squeezed on a set of narrows before.

Can anyone verify that the axial wide bead locks don't rub on the summit arms?
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    I bought a set of axial wheels and the inner bead lock ring rubs the A arms. BAD.!!!! I ended up taking a inch out of the center just to be able to run them. Stock wheels have a half inch offset. The axial wheels have a zero offset. So hub extensions well be needed if you go that route.

RC Competitor
    Thanks Keila I though this was the case, can anyone recommend any narrow beadlocs as the axial ones that fit are discontinued.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,
    I'm running them too.
    The only thing that rubbed here was the inner beadlock ring.
    The lathe did it for me.
    BigJoe's are fine tires, I like them very much and they work good on every terrain I have here.

Last edited by German; 12-10-2012 at 03:51 AM.

RC Racer
    @German

trotzdem schleifen die inneren Arme unten schräg stark ab, ist bei jeder Axial Beadlock Felge so, ausser bei der schmaleren Narrow...
    Summit & E-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    I run axial beadlocks, they rub a little on the upper a-arms but I don't think the plastic integrity or performance is compromised. The deepest cut is prolly .5 mm

BTW I run 8 spoke and they have 20mm offset.
    Last edited by maxi single; 12-10-2012 at 05:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    I bought a set of axial wheels and the inner bead lock ring rubs the A arms. BAD.!!!! I ended up taking a inch out of the center just to be able to run them. Stock wheels have a half inch offset. The axial wheels have a zero offset. So hub extensions well be needed if you go that route.
    not true nine are fine even with the suspension rings all the way down and 80wt oil don't get and rc4wd rims now those rub bad
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Qualifier
    I got the axial 40series black chrome 8 spoke rims they don't rub or anything I'm running big joes they are crazy grippy the mudslinger a rock to but you have to trim them.
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Qualifier
    I bought the axial 8017 black Chrome 8 hole ones and I put them one and they rubbed half way threw my lower A arms and rubbed the lower suspension screws down to. I took the inner bead lock ring off and the wheel still rubbed on full turns. I was cleaning mine the other day and noticed that the rear wheels just barely rubbed the lower A arm to.