Thread: ESC Help

RC Racer

Question ESC Help

Hey all,

So since I posted my thread a while back about a motor for my e-Maxx, a few things have changed. I got my hands on some 2 Cell 35C 5000MAH LiPOs from a banned company. They were $50 for 2. So, I have been using my Mamba Max Pro in the e-Maxx on 4s and its been doing perfectly fine, hits a little over 40mph on 68-20 gearing. I would like to change the ESC out to a better one, so I picked the WP SC8. Has anyone ever ran this with a Tacon 4074 motor? Mine is the 2150kv version. I would like to know what settings other people are using, or if the ESC is even up to the task of this. Thanks guys,

BadMilkMan

You don't have enough POWA if you can't control it!

as you can find in mt thread vids and what i have posted i have that esc and works great runs cool all day long geared 21/65 and the esc fan stays on all the time so therefore it wont get hot most of the time unless you are geared wrong like really wrong on 4s which is the max it can go. I have the xerun 2000kv motor 4274 which is a little bigger than the tacon you have and works fine you can use any motor like a 3674, 4065, 4274, 4284 anything up to a 2700kv motor which i wouldnt go over that KV to be safe and i think esc manual says something about that as well.
    your motor will work just fine and have tons of power and speed and you have the right amount of amps from the lipos you got as well. hope this helps you out.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    as you can find in mt thread vids and what i have posted i have that esc and works great runs cool all day long geared 21/65 and the esc fan stays on all the time so therefore it wont get hot most of the time unless you are geared wrong like really wrong on 4s which is the max it can go. I have the xerun 2000kv motor 4274 which is a little bigger than the tacon you have and works fine you can use any motor like a 3674, 4065, 4274, 4284 anything up to a 2700kv motor which i wouldnt go over that KV to be safe and i think esc manual says something about that as well.
    your motor will work just fine and have tons of power and speed and you have the right amount of amps from the lipos you got as well. hope this helps you out.
    All help is appreciated! Thanks man! I sorta understand how to calibrate this thing, does anyone know how to stick program this controller? I have NO CLUE what so ever on how to set it up, are there any videos on how to program it without the program box?

Thanks guys,
    BadM!ilkMan
    Last edited by BadMilkMan; 12-09-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

its not too hard but will be harder without a program card/box though. no problem on the help i'll do what i can though ok.
    DEU 8:18 ESV