RC Racer

Thumbs up A shout out to Dusty Motors!!

I'm sure most of you already know how good these covers are, but I just had the opportunity to try mine out in some snow, and they work great!!! Was out for about 45 minutes going through anything I could find. Went into the shop, took the cover off, and this is what it looked like:

Removed the excess snow on the top and took the Dusty Motors cover off and it was bone dry! Nice product and thanks to the one that recommended it to me (I can't find that post but it was someone out here)!

Here's some more pics.

I cannot believe how fun this thing is in the snow!!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Good to know that it lives up to its name. I run Outerwears and Dusty Motors shrouds. Never had the opportunity to run in snow but the occasional puddle and it has protected the same. Wish I had a chance to play in some white fluff like that, maybe in another 96yrs it'll happen again for us. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Crap, that's the one thing I forgot to order
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Very interesting, it's also cheap compared to the Outerwears. ( 29$ compared to 42$)

Edit: what is the plastic bag over the back body mount used for?
    Last edited by snowslider; 12-09-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    This is a signature.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post
    Very interesting, it's also cheap compared to the Outerwears. ( 29$ compared to 42$)

Edit: what is the plastic bag over the back body mount used for?
    I didn't even know there was another brand.............

That's where my LVA's are located. I just didn't want them getting wet.
    Last edited by Piranha-z; 12-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah they completely fry when they get wet, you can set them to your favorite alarm voltage though and cover them in liquid tape, they're loud enough

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Yeah they completely fry when they get wet, you can set them to your favorite alarm voltage though and cover them in liquid tape, they're loud enough
    That's a good idea. Never thought of that.

Sent from your basement using Tapatalk2

RC Qualifier
    Do they have different colours? I thought I found a blue one but I can't remember where

RC Enthusiast
    The Dusty Motors cover is great.
    I always used shower caps for playing in the snow, they are cheap but thin material and don't last long.

You can choose the colors...
    this one was grandma's favourite!

How is the material of the Dusty Motors cover?
    Could you please post a pic of the bottom of your summit?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by German; 12-11-2012 at 05:49 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by German View Post
    The Dusty Motors cover is great.
    How is the material of the Dusty Motors cover?
    Could you please post a pic of the bottom of your summit?
    Thanks.
    The material is like a pre-filter, like you'd see on a snowmobile. Repels water but lets air through.

I'll try and get a pic tonight.

I know they also have red.

Here is a great video if you are wondering what it covers:

Last edited by Piranha-z; 12-11-2012 at 07:50 AM.

RC Racer
    Here's a couple pics of the bottom.

Is there a US distributor for those? I tried the bay and they were all listed from Lithuania. ??
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Is there a US distributor for those? I tried the bay and they were all listed from Lithuania. ??
    If there is, I couldn't find one. I bought mine from the main company, which is in Lithuania I believe. The shipping was actually pretty fast considering. They are very good to deal with IMO.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piranha-z View Post
    Here's a couple pics of the bottom.
    Thank you for these great pics and the video.
    The cover is cool and zipper is a good idea, but velcro... you have to stick it all around the chassis.
    Hm...every little velcro I have on one of my cars has a collection of grass and dirt on it after driving.
    The steering servo and the underside of the lids of the battery trays are not protected. Snow/Water can come in.

I'll show you a pic of the bottom with a shower cap, so you can see what I mean.
    Don't laugh, it's grandma's favourite, I've stolen.

They are available in different colors, my actuals are white, and different sizes.

And for the price of Dusty i could buy 30 shower caps, so I think I will stay with my caps.

RC Champion
    I bought one for a Slash 4x4 a while back.. Works great when you finally get the velcro to stick to the chassis.. the key is cleaning well.. the years of WD40 must have sunk intothe plastic. there where spots I had to CA glue the Velcro strip over and over.. Even tried my own "Velcro" brand industrial velcro, no luck there either.. As for the cover. worked great and the zipper option was a nice touch.
    It arrived to me in Canada faster than any order from the US ever does. Less than 10 days.

However... Im still searching for the Fabric they use.. both Dusty and outerwears, you KNOW they dont make their own material.. they buy it and then make the shrouds.. I want that material.
    Best lead I had is from a MotorCross site. they say its a Shear material called "black casa sheer" ... Ill keep looking.
    Last edited by madkawi650; 12-12-2012 at 05:49 AM.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650 View Post
    I bought one for a Slash 4x4 a while back.. Works great when you finally get the velcro to stick to the chassis.. the key is cleaning well.. the years of WD40 must have sunk intothe plastic. there where spots I had to CA glue the Velcro strip over and over.. Even tried my own "Velcro" brand industrial velcro, no luck there either.. As for the cover. worked great and the zipper option was a nice touch.
    It arrived to me in Canada faster than any order from the US ever does. Less than 10 days.

However... Im still searching for the Fabric they use.. both Dusty and outerwears, you KNOW they dont make their own material.. they buy it and then make the shrouds.. I want that material.
    Best lead I had is from a MotorCross site. they say its a Shear material called "black casa sheer" ... Ill keep looking.
    I just cleaned my with a wax and grease remover that I use before painting cars. Works great and sticks good.

I really didn't have any snow packed up in the servo areas either, so not sure how big of a deal that is. Keep in mind I will not be going in mud or deep water for that matter. I have done that in my younger years and learned the hard way.....

As far as the material, you can buy sheets of the stuff for making snowmobile pre-filters. I'll have to try and find the stuff again though.

EDIT: Found this through SLP, but probably just as expensive as Outerwears.
    http://www.firstplaceparts.com/14-160.html
    Last edited by Piranha-z; 12-12-2012 at 07:52 AM.