RC Champion

Traxxas steel splined axles

Has any body tried these axles on their 4x4 pede yet ?
    Just woundering if they were better or just as good as MIPs or Tenko axles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...item5aec133a49

RC Racer
    slash 4x4 section

i remember that from the slash 4x4 section maybe itll help you.

RC Champion
    Iam pretty sure the axles fit both slash 4x4 and pede 4x4.Rear and front just have different part numbers.
    Just woundering if anybody used them in their 4x4 pedes.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Yo snow whats up my friend. I have them installed on my Rally 4wd. Well um as of last week, but have yet to run them to give you a review though. As they kinda just came out. LOL

Here are install pics.....

Good thing about these they bolt right up. You don't have to build them or wait a whole night and a day for the red locktite to dry. I run both the Tekno's and MIP's and they have been rock solid so far. I had to get these and try them out. Well hopefully soon as i'm at work.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Digger my man.Its been awhile.I have been doing a ton of hunting.Rcs took a back seat for a bit.
    I plan on building another 4x4 pede. I am trying to get all my eggs in a basket.Start out with a roller.ProTrac system, RPM 2.2 wide wheels.Not sure if i want the MMP 3800 or the MMP 2400.I see that SPC has some new 6500 2s lipos 50c and 65c. So those axles just came out.They look nice. Just not sure how good they are or if i can use them with the ProTrac kit.

RC Champion
    Hey someone else that live's in NH. There are more of us. LOL. That will be a nice setup on the pedex4.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Quote Originally Posted by snowfighter View Post
    Digger my man.Its been awhile.I have been doing a ton of hunting.Rcs took a back seat for a bit.
    I plan on building another 4x4 pede. I am trying to get all my eggs in a basket.Start out with a roller.ProTrac system, RPM 2.2 wide wheels.Not sure if i want the MMP 3800 or the MMP 2400.I see that SPC has some new 6500 2s lipos 50c and 65c. So those axles just came out.They look nice. Just not sure how good they are or if i can use them with the ProTrac kit.
    Kewl man. Glad to cya back again. Bear? LOL Rollers are a good way to go, especially if you are going to upgrade them like that. Your last one was a gem, hated to see ya sell her. You had told me why and i totally understand.

Not sure of your tire choice but you know Proline just came out with 2.8 Masher 2000's. If you plan on staying 2S i'd go with the 3800, but if you are thinking 3S the 2400 is a beast. Plus you wouldnt have to worry about temps near as much. O man Tom has been laying out some awesome new packs. I'd sure like to get my hands on some of them. I'm pretty loaded up right now though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I hope you will give us a review on the new driveshafts they have had a few people saying they are great but a few who are saying not so its down to you dude test them....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    Digger been deer, goose and duck hunting a ton.Bear hunt all set up for next sept.Wife wants a rug this time.Well if i get one he he. I did get my bear monut back.Did a half mount.If i can transfer the pics i will pm you pics of the bear. He weighted 298lb dressed. I do know if i go with the 3800 it best on 2s.Just not sure what i want right now the 3800 or 2400. I have a plenty of time to build the pede.I never ran my other pede or e maxx in the winter.So i have a few months.
    I eat dirt i live in Rochester.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    have had a few people saying they are great but a few who are saying not so.
    Spenniepoos. Are the ones having bad luck with the Traxxas axles are they running 3s or 2s lipos? Just woundering.

Spenniepoos. Are the ones having bad luck with the Traxxas axles are they running 3s or 2s lipos? Just woundering.
    I plan on running mostly 3S and might even try 4S. I have a set of unopened rear MIP's if they don't hold up. The design is nearly the same as the ones on the X0-1. Which this would be half the power to them. Hopefully this means they are money.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

They failed on 2s the guy was saying on the slash forum but it just could be a bad batch. some people have had bad luck with mips and teknos so lets hope its a one off...peace

RC Champion
    Ouch failed on 2s.Spenn like you said maybe a bad batch. Hope so.Like Digger said they look like the XO-1 axles.Where you would think they would be pretty strong.
    I personaly like the looks of them.Hope you have good luck with your set up Digger.Maybe someone else will shed so more light on the axles.

They look so good so fingers crossed boys....peace

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    They look nice, does that count? Lol. The price kinda hurts to see, especially considering they are made of stainless steel. Also, you have to keep in mind what the shafts are designed for, which is a slash 4x4 vxl. Therefore i would be confident that they would hold up to the vxl system on 3s, as thats likely what they were tested with. This is a specific Traxxas part designed for a specific Traxxas platform and likely tested using only the vxl brushless system. So if you are running a Castle 4 pole system max'd out on lipos that can power a small city, then i would probably look elsewhere or at least wait for a lot of reviews before spending that kinda cash. If you are just running the vxl system and plan to stick with it, then go for it. Just my 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Yes i know looks dont mean a thing and yes they cost a lot but they would not stand the abuse my mips have taken in the last two years .....peace

RC Champion
    You have some very good points Baldy.
    I guess time will tell if they can take a beating.
    Hope Digger has good luck with them.

You have some very good points Baldy.
    I guess time will tell if they can take a beating.
    Hope Digger has good luck with them.
    I'm going to test my luck here soon. They will see no less than 3S I promise you that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Good luck Digger.Hope you come back with some good news.
    My other question is. Dose anybody know if the Traxxas axles with fit with a ProTrac Kit??