RC Racer

Need Upgrades!!!!!!

I just got a mmm2 i have up graded spur to 65 tooth and pinion to a 14t. I am getting 2 new Max Amp 6500 MAh 2s 150 cell LiPos. I have already upgraded front A-Arms will do back soon, and all pushrods. What other upgrades should i get? P.S. I would like to have a REALLY TOUGH Summit!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Steering servos of course, but the most practical advice is replace after you break, who knows depending on how you drive you may not need any upgrades everyone here drives differently and mod accordingly.
    Last edited by maxi single; 04-07-2013 at 09:03 PM.

RC Champion
    Well don't do it yet but that mmm is gonna eat the stock tires for lunch, especially if you high speed bash a lot.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    Why does everyone keep saying MMM2!! It's MM2! Mamba Monster 2! Geeeeeez.

I assume you got the 2200kv motor with it?

You'll certainly want a different tire setup with that 65t spur and 2200kv motor at 4s, unless you program the top speed to 50% or less with the Castle programmer.

As maxi suggested, it's all about driving style! If you plan on taking the thing over jumps continuously it will break - but all trucks break, and unfortunately the Summit wasn't designed for landing on it's corners or front end that much.

RPM everything has always been the trick to make things, "affordable tough though" so check out as many RPM hop ups as you can find!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    Steering servos of course, but the most practical advice is replace after you break, who knows depending on how you drive you may not need any upgrades everyone here drives differently and mod accordingly.
    what servos are good?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Well don't do it yet but that mmm is gonna eat the stock tires for lunch, especially if you high speed bash a lot.
    i actually have bog joe tires on it just forgot to say that.

RC Champion
    The big joes are great tires for speed, they balloon but they are very strong. HORRIBLE for driving fast on pavement though, you'll flip instantly! ... at least I do hahah, but fantastic on the grass with great get-up-and-go!

A LOT of people recommend servo upgrades, but I've kept the stock ones since day one and haven't had any issues, you would certainly want stronger steering though if you plan on doing a lot of rock climbing! Search around the forum for "steering servo upgrade" you'll see there are ttooonnns of posts of people trying out different setups all with their pros and cons! *cheers

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by summit13TN View Post
    what servos are good?
    I dont know, I run stock servos and replaced stripped gears on both and they've been holding up fine for 10 months but they were the first to break. I've been 'breakage free' for quite a while now 'drive and learn' that's the Summit motto Like krallopian says, search for servos lots of info.
    Last edited by maxi single; 04-07-2013 at 10:57 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying MMM2!! It's MM2! Mamba Monster 2! Geeeeeez.
    Mmm Mmm good?

Upgrade as you break. You will need money for diffs and shafts. May as well stock up on those. Remember, with that kind of power you WANT a weak spot thats easy to access and fix. It's impossible to bullet proof. Something will have to give. For that reason I like stock shafts.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-08-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying MMM2!! It's MM2! Mamba Monster 2! Geeeeeez!
    Well, you need to be a bit more of a geez-er to understand... Back when Castle was making the Sidewinder (SW) and the Mamba Max (MM) as well as micro BL ESCs, they announced a new, 1:8 scale ESC - the Mamba Monster Max. (Ya seein' where this is goin' yet?) Unfortunately, the announcement was made about two years before the ESC was actually ready due to ?two? total redesigns. And after it was released, there was the unfortunate spate of spontaneously combusting and self-immolating MMM v1 and v2 models. Even MMM v3 was produced concurrently with the Mamba Max. The Monster's name was eventually shortened, but I don't think that happened until after the MMPro supplanted the MM, at which time there was no longer a conflict pertaining to the numer of "M"s. So you see, it's been the MMM longer than the MM, and some of us may just be more traditionalists than others.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    History worth remembering.

BUT!

I know about the MMP, the MMM, but this isn't a Mamba Monster Max 2, it's a Mamba Monster 2! Don't want the last word, just had to clarify that I knew about the MMM and it's like saying, "The new Mustang GTO" when the GTO is totally different than a GT, don't ADD THE O! :\ Off topic sorry.

I have to agree with MRhammer, stock shafts are a quick and easy fix that costs peanuts.

If you agree the MMM was the correct name for the original 1:8 scale ESC, then how can there be a Mamba Monster 2? Where is the first? LOL!
    Agreed: stock shafts, hee hee hee.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    MMMMMMMM OR MMMMMMM2 I think we all know to what the OP is referring to. But I agree Castle does have a lot of M&Ms in its family and it can get confusing.

Personally I like the MMP (M&Ms with Peanuts)
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Personally I like the MMP (M&Ms with Peanuts)
    So cool haha love it
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails