Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation MITCH316 eSlayer Build

Here is my build thread: MITCH316 eSlay-Revo Build

This is the Associate SC8 body with decal...I really like it, the paint job came out well...looks great in the sunlight!

Rock n Rolla !

Just a comparison of my mates slash 4x4 compared to my eSlayer.

I've been taking the eSlayer out everyday after work for a set of batteries with my son...he is really enjoying the eSlayer .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation eSlayer first test run

Here is a little video I made of the first test run of my eSlayer. This is easily becoming my favourite ride at the moment!! .

Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Bashing Pics

Just a few pics of me bashing my eSlayer...I've been running a set of batteries everyday after work 2/2s, this truck is so much fun.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    good looking truck can we see some pics under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by fish240 View Post
    good looking truck can we see some pics under the hood
    No worries mate...build thread link post #1.

I am running the HOBBYWING XERUN 2000KV Brushless Motor & EZRUN WP SC8 120A ESC Combo on this build. The eSlayer will only run 2/2s...I'm also running MOD1 gearing 20/38.

Rock n Rolla !

I am using the Traxxas sway bar kit #5498 front and rear.

In my experience...it is unbelievable the difference this has made to the performance and handling of my eRevo that I have decided to use a sway bar on this build

This is what the sway bar kit looks like for those who don't know.

I replaced the front stock linkage with these beefier 49mm aluminium turnbuckles #3738.

In comparison there is a significant difference.

When you get the sway bar kit you will receive a jig and from memory I think a drill bit, I can't remember tho. As you can see I drilled a hole in the bottom rocker. The jig is pretty self explanatory to use.

I set my linkage attachment 5mm from the top if the sway bar front and rear...I too am using the silver sway bar all round.

I would certainly recommend the sway bar kit to anyone who is wanting to improve performance and handling of their truck .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Photo sequence GAP

Here's me jumping a little creak behind my house...basically 3m run up and punching the throttle before the gap...The eSlayer is so much fun to play around with...this is easily becoming my favourite truck at the moment.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Love it! This pushed me to start my E-Slayer build!

RC Qualifier
    Me as well as soon the emaxx is done my brushless 3.3 revo is getting an e slayer make over can't wait.

RC Champion
    that is so cool

Dude, that's a nice truck. I like it! Subscribed.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by BoardN88 View Post
    Love it! This pushed me to start my E-Slayer build!
    Quote Originally Posted by madscrapper85 View Post
    Me as well as soon the emaxx is done my brushless 3.3 revo is getting an e slayer make over can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    that is so cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Dude, that's a nice truck. I like it! Subscribed.
    Thanks guys...I'm glad you like it. I haven't been playing with my eRevo much the past couple weeks since I have my the eSlayer built...the eSlayer is so much. It's probably my favourite truck at the moment .
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 12-10-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    looks good hope to see more

Heres a video I made recently, the shots you see with the 3 humps in it, I am still running the Silver F/Blue R combo...In all the other shots I am running Green F/Gold R. I still have VDP #3 F/ VDP #2 R.

Last edited by craig.mitch316; 12-10-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    nice truck what gearing are you using and how do you like the vdp shocks

RC Racer
    How does the E-slayer handle? I am thinking of building one out of my slayer 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    nice truck what gearing are you using and how do you like the vdp shocks

Thanks mate...I am running MOD1 20/38 at the moment. Its a beast on 2/2s, I might dial it back to 19/40 but motor and ESC temps are fine with this gearing. When running on grass the max has been around 70C and on dirt around 63C.

I have been using VDP's in my eRevo for the past year...I just naturally put them in here too when I built this truck. I like them; it has made a noticeable difference to me and the way my truck handles...this and a combination of the sway bars.

On grass the truck still rolls easily without throttle control but on dirt it stays planted on the ground...I LIKE it a lot .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    How does it handle jumps? Would it do good on a track? I have a local track and have a slash 4x4 but wanted to try something different. I am not looking to be the fastest on the track, I just want to have a good time and keep up with my friends with a different truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JustynKace View Post
    How does the E-slayer handle? I am thinking of building one out of my slayer 3.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustynKace View Post
    How does it handle jumps? Would it do good on a track? I have a local track and have a slash 4x4 but wanted to try something different. I am not looking to be the fastest on the track, I just want to have a good time and keep up with my friends with a different truck.
    This truck is awesome on the track and handles like a beast on dirt...the old track was better before the council decided to bulldoze it down and build a new one. The new one has no particular course laid out but is still fun to bash around with.

I was a bit apprehensive at first but after racing my mate around the track with his slash 4x4 the eSlayer handles equally as well...and because I am running on 2/2s it has a lot of grunt = lots of fun .

The eSlayer has easily become my favourite truck at the moment...I cant get enough, I was playing this morning with it in the workshop before work trying to drift it around corners, the steering is so quick and responsive.

I am running a single servo; Savox SA-1231SG, which is more than enough power for this truck .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    Thanks for the update, soon I will order a transmission so I can build my E-Slayer.

Council kindly bulldozed the old track down and built this instead. Its a clay track; no particular course outlaid but still fun...not cool when you don't land your jumps as the ground is as hard as rock .

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    how do the bad lands work for you ,(or supasale tires ) how fast do you think the truck is speed wise , and what body are you running

The badlands are fantastic...works well on the surface I am running. I am not sure if they are supasale tires, I bought them off ebay, they were listed as 1/8 buggy tires...as for the speed...IDK, low 40s. Its awesome, the eSlayer has a lot of power throughout throttle range.

I'm now running 20/40 mod1...we'll see how we, I might change back to 20/38. The body is an associate SC8.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    our gearing is reall close iyou have the 20/38 or 20/40 1.9 or 2.0 and mine is a 24/52 at 2.16 ,my gearing is .8 though

I ran the 20/40 mod 1 over the weekend. The truck is a little more tame but I prefer the 20/38 gearing...I need to try 19/40 and see how that goes too for comparison...with the mod 1 gearing this truck has plenty power in reserve. I like it .
    Rock n Rolla !

Who is using what colour springs and shock oil weight in the Slayers? I am currently Green F and Gold rear with 35W all round.

Thinking of taking the limiter out and running Green spring all round with 35W shock oil and VDP #3.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I'm running Blue and silver springs with 40wt. But I also drilled out the holes in the piston disk alittle too. Just was something I was testing out. This winter I'm going to try a different set-up, prob with alittle stiffer spring for the rear as it's to soft for my liking right now but my front I have is pretty good right now. Not sure how those springs will work with alittle lighter truck as those springs I'm running are for the Revo3.3

RC Qualifier
    Vdp kit #2 or #3 (I forget, its been in the shocks for so long now) and 30 wt all around.
    Dbl black up front, and dbl purps in the rear. About an inch of droop all around.
    Needs alot of preload, only has about 1/4 inch of thread left with this setup.

Currently geared 20/38 like you. Temps are nice and cool and its about as much speed as the chassis likes.

RC Qualifier
    im running an orange front and a silver rear with 35 wt oil and rear push rod on the inner hole seems to jump better than the stock slayer setup

I originally was running Silver F and Blue R...I found the suspension to stiff for what I was using the truck for...I then tried Green F and Gold R which I liked but found the rear bucked up a lot on bumpy surfaces. I changed to Orange F and Green R which was much better on the rear but a little too soft in the front for my liking.

I have since gone back to Green F and Gold R but am going to run Green all round I think or at least try. I have just ordered a spare Green spring...I will need to wait a few weeks before I get it in the post.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    with the way the truck balances out it is hard to get just the right set up . because one has such an effect on the other . it seem my truck will either power slide or traction roll depending on spring i might try sway bars on my current springs

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    with the way the truck balances out it is hard to get just the right set up . because one has such an effect on the other . it seem my truck will either power slide or traction roll depending on spring i might try sway bars on my current springs
    +1 to sway bars...I use the Traxxas ones F and R. I also have my caster set at 12.5. I find that my truck does a lot more pushing with this setup.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    thank you i will check my caster when i get home from work

This is me launch ramp bashing my truck...I was trying to jump from one ramp and land on the other...I wasn't quite successful...

Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Shock limiter mod

This post is taken from my build thread on the eRevo forum...I used a limiter to lower my chasis to the ground and this is the mod I used.

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I am trying this mod on my eSlay-Revo. I tried to make my own spacer for inside the shock but was unsuccessful. I followed the same route Cameron used on his build.

I had quite a few pushrod spacers lying around...I took a pushrod spacer and the blue bumper and fitted to the shock shaft as shown.

The pushrod spacer is not an exact slip on fit...I think the movement will be marginal tho in the shock.

This mod has limited the shock movement by 8mm...I will need to test this mod and see what impact it has on the trucks performance.

The reason for this mod was to try lower the chassis closer to the ground...me eSlay-Revo is going to be more a bashing style drifter truck .
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Shock limiter mod review

This limiter mod seems to be holding up OK at limiting the shock, its probably lost a few mm from the blue bumper spacer been squashed. Original pic of the mod.

Last night I decided to take the limiters out and try the eSlayer without limiters to see what the difference is in performance and handling of my truck would be.

What I noticed when I opened up my shocks is that the blue bumper had been slightly squashed and deformed out of shape. It had also swopped positions with the pushrod spacer, it had done so with all 4 shocks. The spacer remained behind inside the shock when the shaft was removed.

The pushrod spacer was now pushing against the inside of the shock; it hadn't really caused any damage when I inspected. When I emptied the shock oil I was surprised how clean my oil was as this truck has been used in a lot of loose dirt conditions.

As seen above you can see all the bits of the blue bumper that had been eaten away by the pushrod spacer. I honestly didn't expect this when when I did the mod. This had also blocked some of the holes on the VDP.

I am going to revisit this mod as I have some different ideas on how to limit the shocks.
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Aluminium diff case and diff cup

I am using the ST Racing diff case #ST5380B and the Hot Racing diff cup #RVO11C01 on my eSlay-Revo build.

They were fairly pricey to purchase; but these were bought at the time where I just seemed to strip my diff gears on a regular bases with my eRevo...at the time I rebuilt my eRevo I was in search of a bullet proof diff build but ended up doing the Losi mod instead.

I knew they wouldn't go to waste as I had the intention of building me eSlay-Revo for some time .

Here is the St racing diff case.

Here is the Hot Racing diff cup.

My first impression of the ST Racing diff case is that it is well machined and is a very nice snug fit in the bulkhead...after my experience with the Losi diff aluminium diff case I am confident that this will improve the life of my diff on this build .

The Hot Racing diff cup is very solid and a nice fit inside the diff case.
    Rock n Rolla !

Exclamation Hot Racing diff cup I-Bar mod

The I-Bar is not a direct fit in the diff cup and required a slight mod to fit. I rounded off the corners on a belt sander as seen below. That is a comparison of a stock I-Bar to the one that has been modded.

As you can see it has been rounded quite significantly...you could probably achieve the same result with a grinder or dremel. It didn't take me long to do both; roughly 5 minutes or so .

The I-Bar fits in the diff cup nice and snug...with the spider gears in place it seems to be very solid and strong .

Rock n Rolla !

I had a bearing go in my rear diff...this is the damage it caused to the diff cup. There was no sign that the bearing had gone and I just happened to pick this up because I was inspecting my drive shafts.

While I was at it I opened up the diff cup for inspection...as you can there is some where on the side wall from the spider gears.

I was surprised to see that the gears looked virtually as good as new.

Last edited by craig.mitch316; 01-24-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !