Slayer R.O.S.S Questions...

Hey guys, looking for some help on some upgrades I'm doing for my Slayer. I've seen people use the Losi R.O.S.S (remote operating starting system) on Revo's and Slayer, and I'm looking for advice on how to go about putting one on my Slayer. Is this the right part to start with? http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...Nitro-*/Detail Does anyone have a link for how to make the R.O.S.S work on Traxxas trucks? Also, what else do I need? I know I'll need a 3 channel remote, so could I link my Summit's remote to my Slayer, and would that work? Thanks!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Replace your RX pack with a 7.2v. Connect that battery to the ROSS. Connect the servo lead from ROSS to channel 3 on servo (power then would be supplied to RX from ROSS). Connect JST connector to switch. Wiring harness for cheesy start remains the same. ROSS unit is also a BEC so it will only feed 6v to RX.
    Your link is the right part, You need a Battery,Losi battery will fit with a trim to the bottom of the RX compartment.above battery. Yes your TRX 3 channel will work. Just remember to turn off the switch once it starts. All components (battery, rx,and Ross) will fit in RX/Battery compartment. Just needs a little trimming on some wires. And you may want to think about making it easy to access the battery for charging.
    Last edited by Powerman; 05-23-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Replace your RX pack with a 7.2v. Connect that battery to the ROSS. Connect the servo lead from ROSS to channel 3 on servo (power then would be supplied to RX from ROSS). Connect JST connector to switch. Wiring harness for cheesy start remains the same. ROSS unit is also a BEC so it will only feed 6v to RX.
    Your link is the right part, You need a Battery,Losi battery will fit with a trim to the bottom of the RX compartment.above battery. Yes your TRX 3 channel will work. Just remember to turn off the switch once it starts. All components (battery, rx,and Ross) will fit in RX/Battery compartment. Just needs a little trimming on some wires. And you may want to think about making it easy to access the battery for charging.
    Ok! Thanks, that really helps! I'm still not 100% sure, does any one have any pictures to help me understand?

Hmmm, is this the battery you where talking about? http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...Nitro-*/Detail Do you know of any other batteries that will fit in the RX box, but have bigger mah ratings? Thanks!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-23-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Hmmm... Does any one know if the Losi R.O.S.S has a built in LVD? it says it has a bec, but it doesn't say anything about a lvd. I can't find out if it does, so does any one know?

If you are running a nimh, which it sounds like you should, why run one. If you are set on going lipo, get a smartstop or LVA. Personally I would stick with the nimh pack and maybe pick up a spare.

If memory serves there isn't much room in the battery box for a lipo either way, at least not without spending some serious money on one specifically designed to fit into the slayer box. Then you will run into capacity issues, because of the size constraint.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    You will never find a NIMH to fit and have the correct voltage. Lipo is the way to go due to the smaller size. The Ross does not have a LVD Circuit. You can either get a Smartstop or any Aftermarket battery watch. I would just charge after every outing. Unfotunatly I dont have any pics. I removed everything due to weight and went to a PS.
    I made reference to modding the Battery/RX box. This mod wont cost you a dime. Just cut the plastic out between the RX compartment and the battery compartment. Doing that will allow you to use several different 2s lipo batteries. Do some homework. The losi battery sold for the 10t will work. the losi pack is more than enough for a day out bashing. You are only using 7.4v to start the car. The rest of the time its only requiring 6v. By using 6v your capacity is increased dramatically.
    The battery you linked is the correct one. And by it going thru the BEC, The capacity is equal to or more than a standard 6v 1200mah nimh. Probably closer to 1300mah. But more capacity can be found if you do some research on dimensions. Most difficult part of modding is the homework. But fortunatly for you, I have done this homework already. Follow my directions and it will work fine for you. The only way I can make it easier is to mod your car for you.
    Check this out,
    http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Remote-...rt_p_1277.html
    Last edited by Double G; 05-24-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: banned brand

RC Qualifier
    Double G, is there a place on this site with a list of the banned brands? I can't figure out which ones they are. Or maybe send me a PM with the list, so they're not mentioned on the forum's.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    Double G, is there a place on this site with a list of the banned brands? I can't figure out which ones they are. Or maybe send me a PM with the list, so they're not mentioned on the forum's.
    I have to agree, We need a clear list of products/companies that are taboo to reference. I would hate to get another warning.
    Mark, I know for certain you cant mention the batteries that can be ordered for 1/2 the price that come from overseas. But I think its OK to mention Losi,HPI, Tekin, Castle, AE, Redcat, Ofna, RPM, Integy, THS, Proline, STRC, Imex, ETC,ETC. Seems you can get away with mentioning some brands and not others. If warnings are going to be handed out for the violation, Let us know what words violate the policy.
    A BANNED BRANDS list should be posted by the MODS. Especially if discipline is being handed out for the said violation. If we know the TERMs of the rules it makes them much easier to follow.

OP. The mod you want to do is EASY. Just do a little homework. Its a cool mod when done. And it will surely impress your Friends. I encourage everyone that brings change/improvements to to the RC community. The Modders is what gives the Manufactures their ideas for new products.
    Last edited by Powerman; 05-25-2013 at 08:08 AM.

There is a company overseas with the initials Hotel Kilo (HK for those that don't speak military or law enforcement phonetics) that is not allowed nor are their brands. The brands have been added to the language filter so it replaces them with ** when you post so go back and edit them out.
    The Super Derecho