Thread: Paintball

RC Qualifier

Paintball

Anyone like it. I went for the first time and loved it. I'm actually pretty good. And I just bought a bunch of paintball stuff online
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Racer
    I'm 34 now. Just sold all give of my paintball guns and most all my gear to support my newest hobby of RC !
    Had played since I was 12 but only once or twice a year for the last couple. It is a lot of fun, but I find I get much more use out of my sl4sh, mervs, emaxx, and xyz truck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Sl4sh with CC MMP 3800, 2 mervs, a 3905 BL eMaxx,

RC Racer
    I have played paintball a few times but for me airsoft is where its at but I keep a low budget on it cause of RC
    rustler vxl " Stealth from below"

RC Qualifier
    Ive played both airsoft and paintball. Personaly i like paintball more.

RC Racer
    Both have there perks to me, like in paintball you know when the other guys is out when he is hit but in airsoft you only now by his yell sometimes lol. But to me the paintball games are to quick and I like all the tactics and missions you can do in airsoft and airsoft ammo is a whole lot cheaper.
    rustler vxl " Stealth from below"

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I used to play on a semi-pro team. Back in the day when the matrix and impulse were awesome. I'm too old to be playing speed ball and there aren't many people who want to play woodsball around here so my gear just sits in the closet.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I've been paintballing for many years myself. Its a blast. My favorites are speedball, capture the flag, and secnerios. I havent even played this year. Ughh!! We have quite a few courses around us and my bro in law has a Proshop. It can get to be an expensive hobby real quick to. LOL I never got to the pro level, my job keeps me pretty dang busy throughout the year. I'm not even sure I can count on my hands and toes the days i've been off this year so far.....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

i havent played in the last year or two really but i love to play. i never played good enough for semi pro or even close but i still enjoy it. i got a decked out 98 custom for woodsball and messing around then i got an empire axe for speedball and actual field play in general.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Im thinking of getting a kingsman spyder mr1 with an electronic trigger

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Spyders are sortof the bottom of the barrel. But I think you could do worse. I also think if you saved up just a few bucks you could do better too. The old Smart parts Ions are out there pretty cheap... and there is an entry level gun from Dye also. If your just going for price, many a woodsball game has been played with a spyder. But if your serious about staying in the sport for a while, get a slightly more upgraded, true electro gun. You wont regret it.
    Many will say to go with a Tippmann in one of its various forms. IMO, this isnt the best choice for a starter gun. They work great when all is well but they are super complicated to take apart. If the choice is between cheap starter guns id go spyder for sure as they are extremely simple to strip down and work on.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 12-09-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

heres my gun. i absolutely love it by the way. and as far as price goes its not to horrid for an amazing gun.

Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    The 08kgraves just bought one seems like an AMAZING gun and haven't seen one bad review
    Last edited by Gecko5678; 12-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    If you like the Axe, check out the Mini as well. Very similar but cheaper and smaller. If you get the Mini or Axe, get the Lurker bolt for it. Only $30. Well worth it. It droped the psi down about 50 psi and the dwell down by about half from stock, IIRC. After putting that bolt on my Mini, I forgot to put the rubber tip on the bolt and put an Ultra Evil paintball 1/2 way into the breech. After about 10 shots, the ball was visibly damaged but still didn't break. FYI, UltraEvil is probably the most brittle paint out there.

my axe is still bone stock right now. probably got about 5 cases of paint through it (2000 balls a case) and still yet to break a single one in the gun. absolutely love it. see my friend got the mini but i hate it. the gun is way to complicated to take apart, the trigger is retarded because its not a micro switch that you actually feel clicking. and im a bigger guy as well so the extra little size of the axe makes it perfect. plus not to mention the built in asa on the bottom. love that part as well.

but to be honest i havent even looked much into upgrades because im so happy with the gun as is for how often i play. thought about maybe a better barrel, but thats about it.
    Drag It!

RC poster
    Wow I've been out of paintball to long the only names I recognized are Tippman, spider, and matrix.
    My 1st marker was a spyder, then upgraded to the automag and auto cocker. It can be a very expensive hobby, it also seemed to loose popularity in my area, and games became harder to find. But I do miss it
    Last edited by 3 MEN AND A BOAT; 12-15-2012 at 10:40 AM.