RC Enthusiast

Front A Arm Broke

Was out bashing today with my 2 day old Summit, and landed a jump on a rock with my right front A Arm - snapped.

Was looking for something stronger than stock - Looks like RPM does not make a set that works, however ran across T-Bone A Arm Skid Guards. Seems a lot of people like them for crawling, however just wondering if anybody has any feed back on if they would protect the A Arm breaking from a front impact - like the stock guards on the Stampede 4x4.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cjhike; 12-08-2012 at 06:41 PM.

the stockers are not really that weak.just a unlucky landing,It happensthey are inexpensive at least.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    i dont think the t bone arm skids will help

if my memory serves me right there is a bottum plate and a top plate .and they are just bolted together sandwitching the a arm between both plates
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Enthusiast
    Hey - You are correct on the T-Bone's. I was thinking that by sandwiching it all together it would add some strength by spreading the blow across the entire A Arm.

Looking around though it seems like not a lot of A Arms are being broke - could just be bad luck, like JAMANN said...

RC Qualifier
    You can use rpm arms but only on the side where the diff does not stick out.
    On the other side you run into clearance issues with the bottom arm.

I have the tbone front bumper. Good stuff, but I don't know much about the skid plates.

I have broken two front arms in 3 years.
    Both from bad hits a unlucky bounce.
    Rpm bumper mounts highly recommend them though.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    the T-Bone skid plates DO reinforce the lower A-arm.

the inside bottom of the top part of the "sandwich" is milled around the outside creating a raised center that fills in the open area of the arm.
    then the bottom of the sandwich screws to the top and holds the whole thing in place.

RC Qualifier
    ^ I woul have to agree.

The step being milled in the top part would make the lower a arms more rigid in the spot I used to break them on my revo...they will probably just break towards the axle carriers now. (With my luck )

Also the the angle of the lower peice might help graze off a potential a arm breaking protrusion...might.

You can't plan for every bone head move and these won't make your a arms invincible but they're better with than without.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect
    Last edited by happymachinist; 12-12-2012 at 07:30 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Received the A Arm I ordered in the mail today - Installed! Went out for a run and broke the rear bumper mount.... RPM here I come.

While I wait for it to come in I super glued it and drilled a hole on each side of the break and ran a couple of cable ties through it. It turned out pretty strong!

RC poster
    I've hit some stuff pretty hard and only broke one front a-arm so far. I've been pretty impressed at how durable they are. I'd much rather brake a a-arm than anything else it attaches too. Just my two cents.