Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

What are some good upgrades?

I just got a new Slayer pro Nitro and this time it will stay nitro, Electric is just not for me. I did not have enough run time on my old Slayer to upgrade anything and i am probably going to bash this one pretty good. I allways keep up with my trucks and dont put them up wet. But what are some upgrades that are a must? I know the sway bar kit is a must, But are there any other parts i should get? I want my truck to be Bad. I am putting a Losi ROSS starting system in it though with a DX3s TX, So no more Ez-start.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-09-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: language clean-up
    Slash 4x4,

RC Competitor
    if you want to beef up the engine you could look at upgrading the exhaust, the carb, and the header. Tires will help out quite a bit in the traction department. You can also consider a rear wing spoiler to help level it out a bit more. The center diff will help out quite a bit too. You will also notice very slight fade initially with the brakes, but consider the adjustable rear break and the high perform disc brake. Just depends on how much you want to spend, but you can make the slayer quite a formidable vehicle.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

+1^ Also, I would look at upgrading the tires, the stock ones don't have much grip. Anthing by Pro line is a good tire, the rims are up to you. Other than the stuff me a madjoker911 said, ther're not much else to upgrade! Good luck!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    +1^ Also, I would look at upgrading the tires, the stock ones don't have much grip. Anthing by Pro line is a good tire, the rims are up to you. Other than the stuff me a madjoker911 said, ther're not much else to upgrade! Good luck!
    Do you have any favorite PL tires you like the best? And do you know of some good beadlocks?
    Slash 4x4,

RC Qualifier
    And what is the adjustable rear break and the high performence disc brake? Those sound like something i would like to get.
    Slash 4x4,

RC Champion
    http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto/new...p-Tuning-Guide

This and the set up sheet should get you started....not tons of bolt ons out there.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...up-slayden.pdf

This should work
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 12-08-2012 at 10:29 PM.

RC Competitor
    many of the parts I listed are offered from traxxas themselves. as far as bead locks, PL has some for the slayer, but make sure they are slayer, my store only stocks slash, which uses a smaller size hex. Tire is total preference. read the reviews on each tire and decide on what one you want based on your standard driving surface.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.