RC poster

i need a quick easy answer to a question that has probably been asked a million times

hey everyone,
    i recently aqcuired a 2.5 t-maxx in a trade . i have a 3.3 i want to put in it. will the extra power mess up the transmission? it is the one with reverse. one more quick one. when i press down on the front of the truck the right wheel turns way right and left turns left. shouldn't they stay straight when the suspension is compressed? i figure it is set up wrong somewhere.
    i thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this probably over asked question and providing a answer.
    thanks,
    ben

RC Champion
    your tranny will be fine. my old t-maxx was a 2.5, and the 3.3 never hurt anything. suspention i dont know.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC poster
    Thanks ajcar for the quick response. I'm still kinda stumped on the suspension thing. This is only the second monster truck i have had. The other is a associated mgt. On the mgt when you push down on the front end the wheels stayed straight. When i push down on the t-maxx the wheels turn out a lot. This has me wondering how it will handle a hard landing after a jump. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Got it used in a trade so i'm not sure what the guy i got it from from did to it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ben

Bump steer: Most probable cause with the 2.5 setup, toe links incorrectly installed on the top of the axle carrier arm instead of the bottom.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

Check that the turnbuckle end is under the carrier arm not on top of it like in the pic below.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Agreed with wildman, and 3.3 is fine lol good up grade