RC Qualifier

Playin' in the Snow

Just got some snow up here in saginaw, MI. not much, just 2-3 inches worth, but making the best of every centimeter eh??!?!? just a little vid i put together literally in about 30 minutes, nothing to brag about; but a video nonetheless! tell me what you think, you've seen the vids of all the other guys, hows mine? i dont have any lipos or mips, r rpm a arms, the only upgrades i can think of are alloy shock caps, and a clear gear cover, nothing that changes the performance !
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Qualifier
    Wait! it's winter and you haven't got snow tire? JUST GET SOME PRO-LINE SANDPAW!!!
    You have no idea how fun it is

RC Qualifier
    are those 2.2 or 2.8?

Nice vid dude but i would get the traxxas alu bearing adaptor 6893x and keep up the good work ....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Proline sandpaw 2.8" mounted on desperado.
    I paid 55$ for a new set of 4!
    Also, +1 for the 6893x bearing adaptor

RC Qualifier
    what does the bearing adapter do!?

RC Qualifier
    This is the small plastic piece between the spring and the bearing that hold the spur gear in the slipper clutch.
    Well, it's pretty hard to describe!
    Here's a picture.

The blue part in the picture is the 6893x. It's the aluminum version of the stock one, they tend to melt...
    Last edited by emmanhello; 12-08-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    Wait! it's winter and you haven't got snow tire? JUST GET SOME PRO-LINE SANDPAW!!!
    You have no idea how fun it is
    Yeah, what he said! ^^^^^^

We got 2 feet of snow just in november.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    could you go thru the 2 feet of snow baldy? i wish i could go through the spts that are 3 inches, i think that has something to do with me setting the shocks so my suspension sits lower, now it jsut pushes the snow, u think i should readjust then to get some ground clearance?

RC Champion
    Nice job.Like the others said some paddles will help a ton. Iam not one for giving advice on winter driving.My trucks have only been in the snow 2 or 3 time over the year.I take the winter months to rebuild or just go threw them taking my time.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by atclauss View Post
    what does the bearing adapter do!?
    The aluminum bearing adapter is a good upgrade. The stock plastic one has been known to melt from the heat of the stock bearing. Most upgrade the motor mount to the King Headz, which has a 10x19x5 Bearing vs the stock 10x15x4.

Traxxas alloy bearing adapter 6893x. Its < $5, worth it IMO.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by atclauss View Post
    could you go thru the 2 feet of snow baldy? i wish i could go through the spts that are 3 inches, i think that has something to do with me setting the shocks so my suspension sits lower, now it jsut pushes the snow, u think i should readjust then to get some ground clearance?
    You have to take into account that more snow means more weight so it packs itself down pretty good and only the top few inches is powder. So the truck never goes through the snow, it goes over it. But i dont have any issues going through a few inches of snow. Not sure if youve ran on water, but its just like water skipping. You gotta be full throttle the whole time (i run 3s lipos which helps) and try not to turn to sharp, slowdown or stop. The worst kind of snow to run on is when theres a really thin layer of ice on the surface of the snow, because it slows the truck down too much and just hangs up the truck, on this kind of snow is where my 2wd Sno-Pede does much better with skis on front and paddles on the rear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RC Qualifier
    should i get 2.2 or 2.8, i dont want ballooning and i like 2.2 style wide base rpm revolvers! 2.8s are only traxxas style bead , so theres not that much of a wheel choice. plz help

I may try some 2.8s or 3.2s pretty soon and see how they do, but i think i may bust out the dually wheel adapters i made for a p2de build a while back and try runnin dually 2.2 paddles all the way around. i like the 2.2s the best because they dont require balancing, but a wider paddle tire would be better for weight distribution which is why i think the duals might work. Heres a pic of the duals i had on my HR P2de xl

RC Qualifier
    I think I want 2.2s . Can someone post a pic with 2.2 sandpaws please! I am getting tires and tbone bumper for Christmas so I Need to know how big of wheels to tell mom to get me!

RC Champion
    Both of those shots look sick guys!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!