RC Qualifier

Run Time with Stock Battery - NiMH

Hi, just ordered a Stampede 4x4. What run time will I get with the stock NiMH battery...Thanks

You will get about 15mins or so and it depends on your driving as well dude..peace..ps its good to go lipo when you can
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    would the 4000mah 2-cell Lipo be the same run time as the 4000mah NiMH? I mean is run time like for like at the same mah rating?

The lipo will run longer.just so you know the higher the mah and c rating the longer the run time so to speak and the lipo will have a stronger punch....peace

RC Qualifier
    Thanks spenniepoos. I used to run LiPo's in my airplanes. Don't want to mess with them. What is the largest NiMH battery I can put in the Stampede..Thanks!

Lipos are much more safe these days with the technology and lipo sacks. Traxxas do a 9.6v 5000mah nimh if that helps but i went to lipo as soon as i got my stampede because i had a bad memory of nimh when i had a hornet years ago...peace

RC Qualifier
    I was running the stock 3000 MaH and a 4200 MaH NiMH battery in my Pede4 because I didn't want to deal with the LiPo issues either. I run on a short oval with lots of acceleration, so battery life per cycle was short and I actually fried the 4200. Recently switched to LiPo and got a 2S 4000 MaH and a 3S 4000 MaH (both Traxxas). Battery run time is about tripled, and even the 2S has more punch than the big NiMH did. The 3S is unreal! I've got big 3.2's on 17 mm hexes and tractor tires which have enough bite to do wheelies on dirt. Had to back off a notch as I snapped the rotor in half on the velinion motor. It was several months old and been through a lot of heat cycles though.
    No more going back to NiMH for me! I'm hooked now. Good thing I've got metal axles.

Rob is right lipo is KING....peace

RC Qualifier
    My traxxas nimh battery died after 2 month... Definitely, get lipo!! Start with a 2s, then when your body is ready, get a 3s!
    5000mah+ lipo battery are perfect, I get bored or something break before battery goes empty.

RC Qualifier
    I ran the 2S 4000 hard last night and got 15+ minutes out of it before the low voltage cutoff did its thing. Going to try the 3S 4000 tonight for comparison on run time.