RC Qualifier

What prop for my setup??

Hi everyone,i like to bought a good prop for my spartan but there is many option.What is the best prop for my setup.(I prefer the look of stainless steal prop,but beryllium copper it's ok!)

My setup:
    -Leopard 3674 1650kV
    -Seaking 180 ESC
    -2x3S 5000mah 40c and 65c lipo battery
    -EMB (GPS 51.6mph)
    -Spartan (GPS 48.2mph)

RC Enthusiast
    If u want stainless 220 would be fine maybe even a 225.. On the option for copper x442,x642,x445,x447,m445,m545 and m447 should all be fine always check for heat. What are u mainly looking for more run time or speed?

RC Qualifier
    I have same set-up like yours but didn't installed it yet, I'm waiting for the next season before I start to work on it, good luck to your set-up, BTW in terms of look the props. fade after a day of sharpening & balancing it. For SS it will be safer to sharpen but for the beryllium it's dangerous to inhale the dust.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    I forget to tell that i have a double water pickup for esc and motor!!

I want a little bit of speed (my spartan run 48mph on GPS) and i don't want to lose many runtime.
    -EMB (GPS 51.6mph)
    -Spartan (GPS 48.2mph)

RC Enthusiast
    If it were me i would go with a prather stainless 220 if u want stainless or a octura m445 would be a really nice prop as well.

RC Qualifier
    I have the p220 but don't have time to try this year, probably next year, I'll see what the speed it can give. Here is the image to look at it would be like this after sharpening it in a few days.
    Last edited by Edgemoulic; 12-08-2012 at 08:27 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Jim82 has made a good recommendation.

I run a Prather 220 on virtually the same set up (1600kv). It gives good speed and has been reliable.

You may want to consider either a .187 flex or .078 wire drive to handle the extra torque on the drive line. The stock .150 might work fine if you are not overly aggressive on the throttle, and run mostly on calm water.

hog

RC Qualifier
    Where i can bought a balanced/polish prop?
    -EMB (GPS 51.6mph)
    -Spartan (GPS 48.2mph)

RC Qualifier
    OSE or funrcboats
    $25 for balancing
    $12-15 on the props
    Approx. $40 on one prop. S/B

Option :
    For the balancer you can buy it for $30 and doing it by yourself. Then when your good to it, you can buy a lot of props. and test as many as you want. Remember that at a certain time you need to check the balance and shape of your props.

RC Enthusiast
    Egdemoulic,
    What a great thread guys. I'm not sure I have the confidence to balance a prop. I'm pretty good at blunting knives in the kitchen, I don't like my chances with props.
    I can't give any recomendations on props as I'm only on my second one. Apart from the stock prop that comes with the Spartan, I installed a Prather S220. I've had on run with it and loved it. It really gets down and boogies. I did notice a little bit more heat with the engine and ESC. And now I've installed a bigger water jacket and twin rudder pick ups.
    I'll post some pics soon.

RC Enthusiast
    What prop has given the best top speed along with stability in the water, im running a metal version of the stock prop and i noticed a big difference but want to go faster. Posted a vid for u guys

http://youtu.be/kmRHiAMzP_A

RC Qualifier
    Well search on Octura or Prather, higher pitch means faster but watch on the temps. usually rises when You hit WOT, so far I tried Prather 215 & Octura x442, I Had a Prather 220 & Octura x642 on Hand but didn't have time to try this year.
    Stability is another story, the faster you go, it will be unstable.
    Last edited by Edgemoulic; 12-12-2012 at 06:16 PM.