Diff/Gears/Knuckle - greasу

Hi guys.

Need advice which greace use for:

Fiffs
    Gears
    Knuckles

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Diffs-TRAXXAS diff fluid. Factory is 100K. A lot upgrade to a heavier weight 300K-500K for a stiffer diff action. Some use actual grease.

Gears- I don't put anything on plastic gears, ring and pinion I use synthetic grease from Mobil1.

CV joints- I am currently experimenting between dry Teflon and a dry silicone lube so it doesn't attract dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by happymachinist View Post
    Diffs-TRAXXAS diff fluid. Factory is 100K. A lot upgrade to a heavier weight 300K-500K for a stiffer diff action. Some use actual grease.

Gears- I don't put anything on plastic gears, ring and pinion I use synthetic grease from Mobil1.

CV joints- I am currently experimenting between dry Teflon and a dry silicone lube so it doesn't attract dirt.

Question:
    is it useful to stiffen the diffs with fluid 100k or higher? That works like the diff locker, specially built in for those situations.
    The turning radius in higher speeds becomes huge.
    For my use of the Summit, I'll try 60K fluid next time. For driving over obstacles or crawling I use the diff lockers.

Dry teflon spray is great for shafts, pivot balls, steering, rodends... everything where sand or dirt can reach.
    I redo it after every ride cause it doesn't last long.

Nearly the first thing I did on my Summit was eliminating all the ugly rusty screws. Brrr Traxxas!! What did you think when using this "quality"? A drop of water in a distance of 10m lets them become rusty.

RC Enthusiast
    Have any litle cheaper than original traxxass diff fluid?
    What better, dry teflon or dry silicone lube?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by messir View Post
    Have any litle cheaper than original traxxass diff fluid?
    What better, dry teflon or dry silicone lube?
    For the diffs some use grease like I said wich would be cheaper and more readily available, but as far as different brands of diff fluid and prices I couldn't tell ya.

As far as the Teflon vs the silicone I am still in the testing stages. Both eliminated the squeaks and reduced friction compared to nothing.

RC Champion
    could also add graphite to the choices between teflon and slicone

diffs
    for the diff action 100k to 500k silicone weights
    for lubrication um high temp lithium grease (aka marine grease/ break grease) the name is lu-max
    if your in canada go to canadian tire they should have a standared grease tub for about $4 buck and under(not quight sure)

gears
    for the trans lightly grease the plastic gears and grease the metal gears. and eny thing that slides internaly

i asume that knuckles is the pivot balls/axle carierrer

for the pivot balls either of the dry lubes

bearings
    lithium grease mixed with 3in1 oil.its diffrent it doesnt flow out like grease ,dosent leek out like oil. it stays in to an extent and can go very long before it drys up
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo