RC poster

Viper Copperhead Help

I just installed the Viper Copperhead VX4.39 in the Rustler. We'll I go to try it out and it'll barely run 2mph, I call Viper to see if they can help me out. I start explaining what it's doing then go on to tell him that I'm using the stock 7cell, 3000mah, 8.4v Nihm battery till I can get a Lipo. He says that my battery is the whole problem, that the 4 pole motor and the ESC need more draw than the Nimh battery could ever give. So I get off the phone with him and order a 2 cell, 5000mah, 40c lipo from SPC. My question is did I get the right battery and is this true that my Nimh battery the problem? Advice would be great.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat View Post
    I just installed the Viper Copperhead VX4.39 in the Rustler. We'll I go to try it out and it'll barely run 2mph, I call Viper to see if they can help me out. I start explaining what it's doing then go on to tell him that I'm using the stock 7cell, 3000mah, 8.4v Nihm battery till I can get a Lipo. He says that my battery is the whole problem, that the 4 pole motor and the ESC need more draw than the Nimh battery could ever give. So I get off the phone with him and order a 2 cell, 5000mah, 40c lipo from SPC. My question is did I get the right battery and is this true that my Nimh battery the problem? Advice would be great.
    It shouldn't be the problem. Give it a good shove and see if it will get going.

RC Racer
    I was running a four poe castle notor with a nimh and had no problems at all

Both of those ESCs will over stress you NiMH packs, they pull more amperage than what the packs are designed to deliver. But, your ESC should still operate and send power to the motor. Try checking your wiring and your ESC settings.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    I figured it out. Had the wrong profile set on the ESC. Works great on Mode one till my Lipo gets here.

RC poster
    Cool good job on it what s the speed