RC poster

Lightbulb I'm new here is this Traxxas worth it??

I do not know much about Traxxas so sorry about that. I just want to start with something and wondering is this worth it to start out? Link is below

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/bar/3415355184.html

Many thanks for any help!

RC Competitor
    I'm just starting out as well, but so far I am impressed with the following Traxxas has around the globe.
    The other nice thing is the 3rd party and upgrade parts support out there.
    I just ordered a bunch of parts/upgrades for my Stampede and the choices were crazy.

The out of the box quality and power my Stampede has is impressive.
    Watching the videos out there of the abuse these things take is amazing.

Hope this helps !!

RC Qualifier
    If your patient, you could find a used Erevo with a Mamba Monster for $400-450 used. I bought my Erevo from California for $450 shipped to Canada. I dont know what those guns are worth, but I know what an Erevo is worth.

RC poster
    Oh - here is another newbie when it comes to Traxxas. I have to agree with holdnickso. I've just received my Traxxas Stampede vxl and it is running on 8 cell 3800mah 9.6V...I am completely amazed...

RC Champion
    Im leary of anything on Craigs list. The run time listed and what you can see doesnt coincide either. No pics with the body off or the underside. I would look elsewhere.

RC Qualifier
    Don't buy that... clearly junkie... miss match wheels... dirty... no pics with body off. $600???
    I got mine $650 brand new.

You can get a good used one with upgrades for around $500.

Or instead of buying a toy rc car you could buy a walther ppk/s.. The James Bond gun lol...

Just a thought
    ERBE, MERV BB

RC Qualifier
    I have traded mine for Airsoft guns which totaled at 450$, the Erevo came with controller, extra tires, 2x 3s 5000 mah lipos, i wouldn't say it was like new, but the over condition was good enough for a trade. Here in Colorado you can find Erevos in similar to mine condition in 400-500 range, everything beyond that price is TOTAL STUPIDY. I am the kind of guy that will never drop 900$ on RC car, because as soon as you take it out of your box its a 450$ price mark