RC poster

Revo 3.3 Underbody Rollcage?

Hey guys, I'm new to the RC world and just picked up my first vehicle which is a Revo 3.3. I've always wanted to get into these things as they look like a blast to race and modify. I'm having some trouble getting a clear answer to one of my first modifications. I'd like to get, if possible, a rollcage that mounts under the plastic body. It appears that Integy has a unit like this, but I cant get a clear answer on this and it does not seem to be avaliable yet to purchase.http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...587&p_catid=73

I also found another roll cage on their site which appears to be avaliable for purchase, but again cant get an answer if this fits under the body? http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...960&p_catid=73

Sorry for the noob questions, but just trying to get a little protection for my new investment! Thanks in advance.

RC Competitor
    I reinforced the stock roll bar with aluminum because it was bending then the heat-sink fins would get bent. Everything else has been fine and I'm not sure a full roll cage is needed.

RC poster
    Sweet, if I dont 100% need one I might not bother. Like I said I'm new to these and want to try and do the right upgrades right off the bat to protect it. I havent actually recieved it yet, should be here this monday, but once it comes in maybe I should take a look underneath and see if I can fab up some small braces like you did to keep things simple.

RC Qualifier
    I have never used a rollcage on any of my trucks. And IMHO they are just a waist of $. The revo has a plastic support bar, I would just upgrade that to cnc and be done. Because the body of the truck is the best roll cage you can ever have i think. They are tough and protect the truck and they hold there shape and are cjeap and easy to replace. So i would say dont bother with a roll cage and just keep it the way it is. And if you are worried about the chassis and motor from getting damaged, Never drive with out a body and you wont have nothing to worry about.

Oh and just to mention, Never buy ANYTHING from INTEGY. There parts are junk and they use soft metal. So for a $40 rollcage i am 97% sure it will bend pretty fast after a couple good crashes.
    Slash 2wd LCG,

RC Competitor
    I am going to add a roll cage on mine. We have a few difficult jump and if we end up on our roofs a few times it doesnt take long to tear up a body. I been having to replace a body about every 2 months and on the next one im going to a roll cage...the one im looking at is for under body even though ill probally run it without a body.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Revo...item4d0799b7b3

RC Champion
    The roll cage does make it harder to work on the truck, since it can get in the way.

RC Champion
    Hardbodyz.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Enthusiast
    ok, scrap the rollcage, just buy the revo 3.3 wing and mount if you wanna protect the engine. works like a charm

RC Qualifier
    If you really want a roll cage check out rc-solutions.com They have plenty and are well made, I have one on my T-Maxx and love it.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Champion
    I'm with Killa on this one. The wing and body are cheaper, lighter, and more effective.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Racer
    i just use wing and stock roll bar i jump my truck pretty crazy land up side down and all that good stuff and i have no problems i thought bout role cage be for i got wing but im glade i didnt wast the money wing is way worth it...and looks cool i go to skate park allot and went off a 8 foot role in land up side down and was still good

RC Qualifier

mine goes both ways
    Last edited by mr venom; 12-13-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    i see the world as driving terrain