RC Enthusiast

Wink What should I ask Santa for Christmas

Well I got my Brushless Emaxx about a month ago. I have added telemetry to it. Other than that its stock.

I know Santa probably is bringing my 8 year old a stampede.

But What upgrades for my Emaxx should I ask Santa for?

Rpm true track and rpm a arms, steel traxxas cvds, GH bulkheads, better wheels n tires like trencher X's and some good lipos. That's what I would ask for.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    Going for the

Trencher X 3.8" All Terrain Tires Mounted on Desperado Black Wheels

True track

I read that the GH bulkheads sucked

Trying also to find something like a 2001 Chevy extended cab body to match my full size z71

there is FLM bulks a heavier price but i hear they are worth it, i would take GH over Intergy parts anyday and some use those on the emaxx but with good luck so far they say some. They do offer a lifetime warranty though on them which is nice. Check out the FLM they make shock towers as well for it.

Now that would be nice a Chevy body i use to have that excate truck you have but i never got to offroad with it (sucked i didnt) what color is yours? mine was pearl white with 265LT tires AT but more Offroad though.

have you seen the difference in size over stock tires when compared to the trencher x's? 50togo posted a pic up in the erbe forum there in his thread and man more than i thought.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here they are and I thought the maxx wheels were big!

RC Qualifier
    -- Stainless center and axle CVDs
    -- Tubes turnbuckles
    -- new body
    -- one or two high-torque, high-voltage servos
    -- LED light set from Killer RC

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would skip the cvds and run summit axles (all long) and cvds in the center drive shaft

RC Champion
    I would ask for an official Red Ryder Carbine Action 200 shot range model air rifle; with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time!!

But if I couldn't have that, FLM bulks, aluminum skids and aluminum chassis braces!!!!

FLM bulk and shock tower, alumunium skids and chassis brace, chuck some RPM A-Arms and you good to go .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    I asked santa for a Hitec X4.

My maxx still needs 1/8 diffs but I may have to get those myself some time later.

RC Enthusiast
    So mike my 2001 Chevy is tab has same tires that you were talking about. Thanks for your input cause I have choose a few things to get from santa.

50togo thanks for pic cause it made the decision an easy one ! Also will have to read about summit axles.

Turbocat tubes and turn buckles it is should be easy stocking stuffer for my wife to get.

So Santa told me I had to help male sure I got what I wanted and so I was happy to help but was told I can't play til Xmas.

Here's my presents ill take pics on Xmas day of them all.

-E-Maxx True-Track Rear A-arm Conversion
    -Trencher X 3.8" All Terrain Tires Mounted on Desperado Black Wheels x 4
    -FLM Shock Towers x2
    - New body
    -Paasche air brush double action and compressor kit
    -all new aluminum toe links and steering tubes
    -my 8 year old is getting a stampede XL-5 from santa and I found a 2.4 2 channel tq-1 with iPod base and receiver for $51 for him brand new.

TO COME SOON
    -FLM Bulks probably the hybrid $90 jobbers
    -Couldnt find aluminum chassis brace i liked yet
    -want some metal skids read some postings about titanium one couldn't find some I liked yet
    -another body once I get my airbrush kit and will also find a light set for body

All being said I wish I could get every bit now but I'm a excited for santa to deliver.

Certainly have sugerEmaxx upgrades dancing in my head!

Thanks for input guys ill take pics as I comes time and share with you all!

RC Enthusiast
    Mike I ment to say my Chevy was tan

RC Enthusiast
    Anybody have a thought of the bumpers from rcraven inc

Quote Originally Posted by BADDAD View Post
    Mike I ment to say my Chevy was tan
    very good trucks the chevy's mine had about 157K miles on it going strong after some tuneups and maintaince done to it and other stuff but still was a gas hog when gas got to $5 a gal. here better off with a car on 32mpg

RC Enthusiast
    I love mine probably going to have to replace front drive side 4x4 seal in a week or 2

Last of my Xmas for my Emaxx
    Just ordered from RCRAVEN

Brushed aluminum front skid
    Brushed aluminum Rear Skid
    Brushed aluminum transmission skid
    Red Polished Stainless Steel Full Roll Cage
    Aluminum chassis braces
    250 Piece Stainless Screw Kit
    Red Powder Coated Dual Rate Shock Springs

Really wanted some titanium stuff but this is my first truck so some cheap stuff will get me by and I'll still have a little better protection than stock for bashing.

RC Enthusiast
    Also got front and rear aluminum bumpers which I'm sure are going to get bent we will see

RC Champion

RC Enthusiast
    I thought about a dual charger but I can get single chargers for less and if dual went out I'm screwed. If single charger went out I'd still have one charger and some money in my pocket

a good single charger would be good with a high enough amp output like icharger 206B would be 20amps and if you dont have many lipos then 106B would be good but it does require a power supply to run it since its only DC power. Dynamite UltraForce has a 10amp charger now AC which is nice, thunder power has 8amp AC, RacersEdge 2010 at amainhobbies is 8-10amp AC w/alum case to carry it even lol but those are all good and have some of the highest output for AC if you go DC then 30-40amp is the most like a icharger 306B or Powerlab 6. now icharger has a 60amp i think it is crazy but you can charge like 6 lipos all 8000mah+ and still have amps left CRAZY.
    You enjoy those parts from Santa and one more thing might want an extra of something that is know to break even upgraded because Santa only comes 1 time year you'll have to wait till next year.

RC Racer
    I don't want to steal your thread, but I don't want to have to start a new one either so I have to ask.. What does everyone think about the Slingshot tires mounted to the Desperado black rims? I really like the idea of having an offset on Maxx trucks and am looking for a fun snow tire.. Any ideas? (If it helps, it's also a Christmas idea)
    T, E, 3.3 Maxx, 4-Tec, VXL Rustler, Revo PM offers

RC Competitor
    CNC Machine

No More Shootings

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I would ask for an official Red Ryder Carbine Action 200 shot range model air rifle; with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time!!

But if I couldn't have that, FLM bulks, aluminum skids and aluminum chassis braces!!!!
    You'll shoot your eye out!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    Got my Flm shock towers , aluminum skids , roll bar cage, aluminum bumpers, new body, aluminum chassis brace all came I today but I just got back from dentist so I am not up to playing with my toy . So in kinda bummed. Hope to feel better later or Tomarrow ill takes some pics of my new mods.

RC poster
    Since I am a girl, I am asking for my favorite blemish balm to make me first look beautiful. After that, I wish for a new Dual Battery Charger, since mine just packed up.

RC Enthusiast
    Well got a lot of my parts early for Xmas from my wife so I can spiff up my truck before everyone comes over plus need to have more time to play with my son when Santa gives him his stampede.

Here are some pics of my stuff

New wheels , tires ,bumper , skid and body

New skids, tubes , chassis brace

New trenchers! See difference between old stock and new shoes

New roll cage

New body, flm shock towers, pack of stainless screws,tubes, tools

Amazing difference between stock and new drag links

Santa emailed me today and said my rpm true tracks should be here tomarrow. Only other thing I really want, spoiled as it is ,are some bulkheads ans paintable body. Extremely happy with what I got. Can't wait to get my kid rolling in this and maybe meet some people at local tracks.

RC Enthusiast
    New back bumper and skids make for difficult way for stick wheelie bar. I'll figure it out. Also got some red springs for shocks but starting to red about upgrading shocks.

Man I like those trenchers on there and those skids.

RC Enthusiast
    Well ordered RPM TRUE Track from amazon. Part + shipping = $50. Ordered on 19th about 11:00pm got the today 21st about 2:00pm. It was quick !

RC Qualifier
    Santa is bringing my EMBE rpm parts and new drive lines and hopefully FLM stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I been pretty excited specially since Xmas ain't even here yet and I been getting all kind a goodies.

RC Enthusiast
    Finished up breaking in motors for my sons Xmas Trucks.

nice trucks there i remember i had my trucks lined up with my 4tec was nice. those rc's are too clean lol j/k

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanM View Post
    CNC Machine
    +1000!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenparts View Post
    I asked santa for a Hitec X4.

My maxx still needs 1/8 diffs but I may have to get those myself some time later.
    Why? The newest versions of the e/t-maxx use revo diffs which are super strong.

RC Enthusiast
    I believe the magic of Christmas had reached its peak for my so at this exact moment this morning.

We played for couple batteries and he broke his first part on his new truck. A little upset but then I reminded him he had some Christmas money to fix his truck with. I think he was then happy even though his truck broke he knows he will be able to afford to fix it on his own.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's good!
    Broken rod ends. Should come with a few spares!