Thread: What the hey??

RC Champion

What the hey??

Just noticed my post count went down to 2,002. I was at like 2,017 before whats up with this?
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    That sucks.
    Land of the free?

posts get cleaned up over time and post counts go down then mine has gone down over 50 posts 1 time but its ok i dont mind as i can comment and give advice on alot of stuff but choose not too.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If you make posts in the same thread right in a row without using the "edit post" button (you can within an hour), usually a mod will combine all of them into a single post as they should be; making your post count go down.

If a thread gets too far off track, a moderator can edit/delete posts to clean it up; making your post count go down.

If an entire thread gets deleted for any reason; your post count will go down.

ect.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Ahhh....okay that clears that up. Thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    yeah I'm sure a mod looked at upbasher's post #783 and said "you know what, that was post completely useless, in fact this is a waste of internets"

I like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    If you make posts in the same thread right in a row without using the "edit post" button (you can within an hour), usually a mod will combine all of them into a single post as they should be; making your post count go down.

If a thread gets too far off track, a moderator can edit/delete posts to clean it up; making your post count go down.

If an entire thread gets deleted for any reason; your post count will go down.

ect.
    I wish the Edit timer was a little longer, a day or so would be nice.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I agree. There has been more than just a few times that I have just missed the limit when there were mistakes in my information.

There are a few things that I think should be changed with the mechanics of this site. Like the 1 minute timer between posts. I understand that it is in place to stop spamming... but I think the limit should be removed after you hit a certain post count.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I agree. There has been more than just a few times that I have just missed the limit when there were mistakes in my information.

There are a few things that I think should be changed with the mechanics of this site. Like the 1 minute timer between posts. I understand that it is in place to stop spamming... but I think the limit should be removed after you hit a certain post count.
    Yes both those things can be of extreme irritation lol.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    Wha the ?!?!?! My posts just went down to 1,922???? Thats a drop of almost 90 posts! What happened??

I am also very annoyed by the 1 minute timer between posts. I think after about 2-300 posts it should be removed for you.

I don't know why or even if what you claim is happening but I wonder why it's important. The quality of posts is far more important than the quantity. This is likely another reason for the one minute delay. There are far too many people who would post heaps of junk if the 10-character and 60-second requirements were not in place. This is even true for past members of this forum with many more than 1000 posts.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

One of the reasons behind ones post count dropping, is the house cleaning that goes on in the MP. There are many threads that are left unattended, and us Marshall end up deleting them from time to time. Doing so keeps the clutter down, and our forum running as smooth as possible.

And +1 on ksb's post, its all about the quality of a post.
    Last edited by He123321; 12-17-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    "We know who you are"

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Man, id just like to +2 on the above ^^. There are so many instances where comments are posted that are either incorrect or just pointless. Its irritating. If you dont have something useful to say (for the most part, fun posts are fine from time to time) dont say anything. Posting helpful info once a day is better than posting 100 useless comments.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Man, id just like to +2 on the above ^^. There are so many instances where comments are posted that are either incorrect or just pointless. Its irritating. If you dont have something useful to say (for the most part, fun posts are fine from time to time) dont say anything. Posting helpful info once a day is better than posting 100 useless comments.
    Yep I agree. Theres lots of people that post just to post. I don't really post unless I have something useful to say. Unless of course its in the alley, like here.