RC Racer

Traxxas 5800 2s at 4V??

So today me and my friend went to the park to play with my rcs. He was using my stampede 4x4 and we stopped after the LVC alarm beeped. the pack was around 6.9 V. after we just slowly drove home and when i got home (which was only 4 blocks from park) and checked the lipo again with my chargers it was at 4V?? Is this a incorrect reading? I checked with 2 chargers and it was at 4v with a cell at 1V and the other cell at 3v. I charged the lipo without balancing it and it got back to 7.2V in 5 mins of charging... Is the lipo still ok because i use it a lot.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It may not be ok...
    What was the LVA set at?
    If the pack was 3.4v/cell when the LVA went off you should have stopped using it then. Once LiPo's get discharged to a certain point they loose voltage quickly. If you are unsure of voltage, I highly recommend getting a (less than) $5 cell checker off from eBay. This will give you multiple alternative methods of checking cell voltages.

I would use the pack with extreme caution... actually, personally I wouldn't use the pack at all.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I balanced the Lipo last night and it charged normally and the cells were equal. I hope the lipo is ok