RC Champion

New MERV owner; question regarding throttle response

Got my Merv today, (we all know what they look like so Ill resist posting the picture)
    Anyhoo, the throttle seems to lag quite a bit on starts. If I gun it, it almost needs to spool up. This isnt how my other BL setups have ran. Does this system have a burst control setting I am missing or something? Ive tried to re-calibrate the radio (all stock) and messed with the Throttle EXP but its not seeming to make a difference in this lag.
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
    Got my Merv today, (we all know what they look like so Ill resist posting the picture)
    Anyhoo, the throttle seems to lag quite a bit on starts. If I gun it, it almost needs to spool up. This isnt how my other BL setups have ran. Does this system have a burst control setting I am missing or something? Ive tried to re-calibrate the radio (all stock) and messed with the Throttle EXP but its not seeming to make a difference in this lag.
    Check your slipper, it may be a bit loose.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Champion
    no, its not that. Its actually kind of tight and I need to loosen it. Reverse works great (without any lag and its more of a 1:1 throttle response)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like you need to reverse two motor wires then reverse the throttle in the radio

RC Champion
    That was the next plan!

RC Champion
    When I first got my MERV the stock ESC had problems right out of the box and it sounds a lot like what you're experiencing. Reverse seemed fine but full throttle going forward from a stop would not even lift the tires off the ground. I had to send it in to be replaced.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Champion
    update. Still didnt help much. Maybe its the the nature of the NiMH batts and the BL combination. Ive run LiPo in all my BL setups til now. It seems to run great (and fun) with the 3s Lipo I have for it.

Its like there is just NO punch with a 7.2V in it. WOT is fine and consistent, but getting there almost seems like a chore with NiMH.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Airmax might be onto something.
    I think it is worth a call into Traxxas. Worst case scenario (I believe) is that they make you send in the ESC and then they send you a new one.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Hi ken448, i have the same probleme, but it is not all the time, it feels like there is a moment between the time you pull the trigger and the moment the car get full power... i have 2 mervs, and both do this time to time( french trying to speak English here). have you had any updates? i'd like some news if possible.