RC Enthusiast

Who of you is using truckmonsters Diff Gear Set ?

Hi guys,

my Mamba Monster monster already has Alu Diff Cups, but sometimes loses teeth of the spiders.
    Anybody got experiences with the hardened parts of truckmonster, compared to the stock parts?
    After your opinion, are they worth the money?

Thanks.

German

RC Qualifier
    You could shim your diffs, that usually prevents stripping
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Champion
    from what I have headr only Jaman has both the aluminum diffs and the steel gears, and per his report the are nearly indescructible - There was an off site group buy trying to get started (not allowed on Traxxas sites) , but it fizzled due to lack of people/buyers

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...highlight=mail
    Last edited by noir 522; 12-07-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Enthusiast
    I've read Jaman's thread with great interest, the vid's are cool and the power of his Summit seems equal to mine.
    Perhaps... also my driving style---German Captain Idiot
    The diffs are shimmed very well, the MIP's are made stronger (stock they didn't hold nothing, pins are much too weak), the play in the gearbox is nearly eliminated...and some other goodies installed..
    only the diffs make trouble. Ok, they are so much better with the alu caps, but for me and my style of driving, they're not good enough.
    Is Jaman really the only one??

RC Champion
    Can you do a quick write up of how you strengthened your mip axles? I have seen more failures than success stories
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

I have had issues getting the outputs to mesh smoothly with the spiders(used stock outputs instead)a file may solve that but I wanted to run the next day so I made do .just snapped all 4 screws holding the ring gear onto the cup.
    My guess is they,over time and my negligence started to loosen and back off until enough play is created.gets torque applied and snapity snap snap
    Shredded the hardened ring gear
    Snapped the outer ring on the inner ceramic pinion bearing.spiders and outputs were ok.getting the broken screws out may be tricky,we shall see

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Jamann!
    I really know the probs with the screws. I also got some broken ring gears. Since I fix them with a little loctite it works well, but better is to controll them after 8-10 sets of batteries. Hope you'll get them out properly.

If I bought the hardened gear set, do you think it will it be difficult to make them mesh smoothly?
    Or does Georg make them fit better?

@ noir 522
    Yes, I was very disappointed when they failed so easily. I thought MIP is THE NAME in driveshafts.
    I wrote my "trying to make them better" into the "unbelievable" thread.