Thread: Vxl-3s esc

RC Qualifier

Vxl-3s esc

Could I run a MMP 2400kv motor off the VXL-3S?

Maybe it will run, but the VXL will not be able to provide enough power to wake the 2400 up. The MMP you are mentioning refers to the Mamba Max Pro, which has nothing to do with the motor itself.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    So what is the difference between the Mamba Monster Pro and the Mamba Monster? The ESC that comes in the Erevo. I know the MMP supports sensored and sensorless motors, so does it have the plug in for the sensored cord? I know dumb questions. I have a BL Erevo.

RC Qualifier
    Castle creation manufactures the Mamba Max Pro esc (MMP) for 1/10, which is a different model from Mamba Max esc (MM) for the 1/8.
    There's also the Mamba Micro Pro for 1/18. I think this one is called the MMM?
    You may have overheat issue with the VXL-3s if you put it with a 2400kv motor. (I can't confirm this, since I never tried)
    And I have no idea how to plug a sensored motor with the MMP, sorry :-)
    Last edited by emmanhello; 12-07-2012 at 12:16 AM.

the 2400 is a 4 pole motor, and as such won't run right with the vxl-3s. the vxl-3s will only give it a midrange rpm and make it almost act like a rev limiter never allowing the motor to reach past about half speed.

the monster mamba is a good choice and so is the mamba max pro. i've used them both in 1/8 buggies and truggies and you really can't go wrong with either. the monster mamba is made to handle more amps. so if you're looking to run with more than 4S the monster might be a better choice. Although i ran a mamba max pro all summer on a 2650 in my revo on 5S with no issues at all.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash