Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Yeah the apr2014 code popped up as I was checking out.

Shipping of these 1/8 bodies is always ridiculous due to the size of the package. Weight wise it's miniscule..

I really want another DP8 GTP to paint as a street going McLaren.... Which is also ridiculous, as last time I counted my clear bodies are well in the double digits. More work than I have time for. What's the matter with me???

I use to be even worse when I use to race on road RC

I really like what you have done with the body and your chassis in general Humay, in case I haven't already said that.

I've been considering purchase of a real on road 1/8 car, but it seems they are made for racing, and not the parking lot bash speed runs we primarily do here. Looking at the designs the required spare parts list would be significant compared to a modified Rally.

Yours however seems to be the ultimate on road basher!
    Last edited by ViperZ; 04-05-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: edited typo

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    thanks ViperZ that means a lot to me and the way you put all your cars together are just straight out neat and somewhat very professional, that just to show how much time you really put into it

I've also wanted to get a true 1/8 onroad car but then I don't really race, I'm more into just have fun out there and let people know what a true Hobby grade RC is all about and not just any ordinary store brand RC. I know when the moment they see this thing fly, they automatically want one but hesitate when they hear how much they cost lol. this hobby is just the same as wrenching a 1:1 race car but the cost is way low (if you think about it) and no one gets hurts well..... almost no one
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    It's well deserved Humay, the level of detail in your car is amazing! Love the integration of the XO aerodynamics. Your car is the bench mark around here

Thanks for your words as well. I certainly do enjoy tinkering and putting round with these. Yes I have to admit even more so (at times) than with the full size cars, the gratification can be almost the same, with Much less expense and effort

However it is a lot of fun going to car meets and events with a full size car, with other gear heads. Its much the same in everyone appreciating each others efforts and hard work
    Last edited by ViperZ; 04-06-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Typo, changed phrases

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    It's well deserved Humay, the level of detail in your car is amazing! Love the integration of the XO aerodynamics. Your car is the bench mark around here

Thanks for your words as well. I certainly do enjoy tinkering and putting round with these. Yes I have to admit even more so (at times) than with the full size cars, the gratification can be almost the same, with Much less expense and effort

However it is a lot of fun going to car meets and events with a full size car, with other gear heads. Its much the same in everyone appreciating each others efforts and hard work
    I agree with you, it is a lot of fun going to car meets and events with a full size car, nothing like showing your work to others and that appreciation you get from them is priceless

speed things up with my 2nd X3 body lol work on it since I got up this morning 'till late afternoon finally got it done I know I mention this would be my shelf queen body but, I just cant help myself but to run it.

the orange didn't shine as I wanted to be cause I back it with black when I should have back it with white but I don't have enough white so yeah lol.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    speed things up with my 2nd X3 body lol work on it since I got up this morning 'till late afternoon finally got it done I know I mention this would be my shelf queen body but, I just cant help myself but to run it.

the orange didn't shine as I wanted to be cause I back it with black when I should have back it with white but I don't have enough white so yeah lol.
    GULP!!!!!!!!!! What an incredibly gorgeous car! The color schema on this is STUNNING! I know RCs are for running and having fun, but this equally deserves a spot on a revolving car stand surrounded by velvet ropes under bright lights!

BTW, you may be able to eek a bit more speed out of her if you align the slots on the screw caps for the wing fore and aft.

Humayrayakongkinaon, you are among several on this forum that are an inpspiration.

+1. Some people in this place find out a lot of new stuff and know how problems are solved best. The man with the nice name is certainly one of them.
    Great work, my friend!
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    killer body!!!! im amazed how you make that body look like its meant for that car. Great work again.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm just glad to be part of the rc community and share our love with what we can do/build rc (Go Traxxas!! ). I'm always open to help as much as I can to our fellow rc'er.

sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk

RC Champion
    That's a nice combination of colors Humay! I see what you are saying regarding the dark orange. When I have to spray light before dark, I will back the light with silver as it seems to work even better than white. It retains the color correctness of the color coat, while providing a nice opaque layer, blocking the dark color that follows.

Still, good to hear you are going to run it

I contacted Nitrohouse on the weekend and they said my X3's were ready to ship, but it was not a problem to add a DP8 as well, so they did with no additional cost to shipping. Kudos to Tim at Nitro House!

That's a nice combination of colors Humay! I see what you are saying regarding the dark orange. When I have to spray light before dark, I will back the light with silver as it seems to work even better than white. It retains the color correctness of the color coat, while providing a nice opaque layer, blocking the dark color that follows.

Still, good to hear you are going to run it

I contacted Nitrohouse on the weekend and they said my X3's were ready to ship, but it was not a problem to add a DP8 as well, so they did with no additional cost to shipping. Kudos to Tim at Nitro House!
    Thats nice you got to contact them first before they get it shipped, its always nice to stock up extra body, just incase. You probably have shelves full of car/truck bodies I only have 4 total and all on-road GT8, my first two pf8 are trashed, my dtm I gave it away, I sure keeping my dp8, its an amazing body and very aerodynamically designed, served me well without any blowover. X3 gt is also very aerodynamically designed.

did a short run right after sunset with my 2nd X3 body.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWDX...ature=youtu.be
    I guess I accidentally touch the voice captured to mute lol.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 04-07-2014 at 11:08 PM.

RC Champion
    Great to see you kept the shinny side up!

Yeah, the more I look at the DP8 vs the X3, the more I'm reminded of how much I love the lines of the DP8. I'm glad they were able to send me one as I really want to do a single color McLaren. In fact I want to do a single color X3 as well, but we'll see. I'm getting ahead of myself, as you already stated... I have shelf full of clear bodies, one day for a laugh I'll take a picture for you

RC Qualifier
    That baby flies! Looks great doing it too.

RC Competitor
    Mmmmm, Mmmmmmm, Good! But I miss the screeeeeeaaaming sounds as it roars past!

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
    Mmmmm, Mmmmmmm, Good! But I miss the screeeeeeaaaming sounds as it roars past!
    yeah man, I miss the roar sound, I might have to redo it lol.

RC Racer
    Your cars look absolutely amazing! How hard was it to fit that body on there. I'm thinking of jumping on the rally bandwagon! But I'm definitely more a fan of the sporty bodies!

RC Racer
    Ummmm...speechless
    Wife says I have too may RC's I disagree!!

^^^thanks guys ^^^

@daniil92a you need an XO-1 shock tower to set low, I even have to shave/file the rear tower to clear few mm and tape the body from getting the paint scratched off, if I could use the front tower for the rear it would be a perfect height but no because the front tower will lean forward. it was design to have an angle because of the front bulkhead has a kick up.

here's the stock XO-1 shock tower F/R

front design to have an angle due to the bulkhead kick up

rear tower shave/file on the right

RC Champion
    ^^^ The things we do to make it work

^^^ The things we do to make it work
    Amen to that

change my spur to 38T and let the motor do its best did a short pass with sound this time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWoZ...ature=youtu.be

RC Champion
    Sounds awesome Humay! Moves too!!

RC Racer
    I second that! Looking impressive excellent work. What do you think your top speed is?

RC Qualifier
    Awesome

To get the plastic screws on the wing to blend in, you can dye them.

Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by Sverige View Post
    Awesome

To get the plastic screws on the wing to blend in, you can dye them.

yeah thinking about doing it maybe a touch up paint

I noticed something different with the last few runs, slipper clutch slipping a lot but, not as I recall hearing it when I had the 2200 in there so, I opened it up and find out the clutch arms one is cracked.

thinking about buying the HR ones to match with the motor mount

still was not happy/satisfied with the rear shock tower so back to the drawing board and come up with this

I cut the upper part front shock tower and the rear shock tower like so

side by side mock up, sure look the same right? but.....

flip it over then I get the clearance I wanted

now I just have to shortened my suspension by adding blue damper inside the shock body.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 04-13-2014 at 04:59 PM.

RC Champion
    Very cool.. I may have to look at hand cutting one out of carbon fiber of similar If I ever get to mounting and using my X3's

Very cool.. I may have to look at hand cutting one out of carbon fiber of similar If I ever get to mounting and using my X3's
    man, if I know someone with milling machine I would have them make my own rear shock tower lol.

Edit: I bought the HR HD clutch just like yours ViperZ
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-T...item43c8385ea7
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 04-13-2014 at 08:53 PM.

now that I got the rear tower low I have to lower my shocks by adding this blue damper.

one in compared to without damper inside

I drill the shock piston hole a bit bigger by 1/16. this is all experimenting guys, you don't have to if you don't want to
    I did this with my 1/8 XO-1 and like how it rebounced back, of course with thicker oil (no exact number on shock oil as I've mixed some of them, vary from 50k down to 2k) I judge them by tilting the bottle of which one is thinner or thicker

with the shock lowered now I then use my REVO silver spring, before was summit spring double yellow.

ever wonder what differ from XO-1/REVO/Summit GTR to Slash 4x4 aside from their shaft length?

REVO GTR uses locknut to secure the piston while slash GTR uses E-clip sandwiching the piston.

RC Champion
    man, if I know someone with milling machine I would have them make my own rear shock tower lol.

Edit: I bought the HR HD clutch just like yours ViperZ
    Oh man, I have always wanted a milling machine too I know a fellow (ex coworker) who runs a small machine shop from his home. I should go talk to him....

Cool on the cutch!

ever wonder what differ from XO-1/REVO/Summit GTR to Slash 4x4 aside from their shaft length?

REVO GTR uses locknut to secure the piston while slash GTR uses E-clip sandwiching the piston.
    You know I have never taken apart my Ultimate's GTR, but have on Rally-1 and the XO-1. I would have never thought the Ultimate would be different.

You know I have never taken apart my Ultimate's GTR, but have on Rally-1 and the XO-1. I would have never thought the Ultimate would be different.
    I could be wrong on this though, I just heard from someone. as far as I know if its design as a GTR more likely the same. maybe I'll buy a set (slash 4x4 GTR) to see for myself

RC Champion
    I checked my Ultimate's GTR's and they do indeed have a lock nut on them.

I checked my Ultimate's GTR's and they do indeed have a lock nut on them.
    You just save me from buying them lol

Recieved my HR super HD slipper clutch today, will post pics later, here at Disneyland.

RC Champion
    How is it a good thing I saved you from buying more RC parts?

Good on the clutch!

How is it a good thing I saved you from buying more RC parts?

Good on the clutch!
    Well... sorta lol, I have a spare chassis along with other parts to make it into a roller

here's my HR slipper system SD

side by side comparison with the old REVO slipper system HD

I noticed the pin has a play/room compared to the stock (stock edge straight flat, HR rounded edge and a hair longer)

dig thru by tool box and found a pin that is a tad bit longer to fit so I dremel it about less than 1mm

after I dremel the pin (what I should have done was rounded each end to fit snugly)

Metallic clutch pad

thickness of the pad to ware out,

I keep the blue rubber damper but I have to take out all 3 Teflon washers

all done

RC Champion
    Looks good! I too dug out longer pins for mine. One thing you should notice is there is very little back and forth play with this clutch, its makes a nice and tight gear box.