Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 480 of 1170
  1. #441
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    408
    Looks good
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

  2. #442
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    I want it to be as close as with my xo-1 GT8 and at the same time its one of a kind Rally lol. One thing for sure though I prefer running my rally GT8 on speed run than my xo-1 GT8

    sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    Interesting, why is that?

    I like the under tray work. Like I said, it so XO-1 like

  3. #443
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Interesting, why is that?

    I like the under tray work. Like I said, it so XO-1 like
    Thanks ViperZ
    Something about the rally that it track better on straight line.

    sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  4. #444
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Download gps apps on my android phone so, well see how fast this rally GT8 really is

    sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  5. #445
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Thanks ViperZ
    Something about the rally that it track better on straight line.
    Maybe just one of those things where the parts came together better overall.... I know I like how solid the XO-1 feels, and can imagine if it was ~80mm shorter in wheel base.

    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Download gps apps on my android phone so, well see how fast this rally GT8 really is
    Let us know what you get

  6. #446
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Let us know what you get
    I got this

    I could only do it in such a short distance, its getting dark out here lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  7. #447
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Looks like it will do the trick! I'm waiting for summer to sewe how the Quanum on in my XO-1 works out. Due to its msall size and Rx power tap I plan to use it in my RC planes as well.

    I suppos eI could just plug it into my Ultimate and see how it works..

  8. #448
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    run it again today and manage to squeezed 5mph, so top out @ 65.89MPH. I wonder what numbers I can expect with 2650kv?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  9. #449
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    29
    Hi everyone I am new here. I own an ecx torment 2wd and am looking for another present. I am checking out the e revo brushed 1/10, rustler brushless, and rally brushless. Anyone know which one is the best? Durable, reliable, fun, upgradable. Thx


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #450
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwayman22 View Post
    Hi everyone I am new here. I own an ecx torment 2wd and am looking for another present. I am checking out the e revo brushed 1/10, rustler brushless, and rally brushless. Anyone know which one is the best? Durable, reliable, fun, upgradable. Thx


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Welcome aboard Cwayman22 all three rc you mentioned are different on their own way. E-REVO brushed is a great truck but then you'll eventually want more speed out of it, so the BL version is something you might wanna consider getting. I can't speak for the Rustler cause I don't own one lol. there are two kind of rally, one is 1/10 and the other is 1/16 and they are completely different, 1/16 is based on MERV chassis and 1/10 Rally shared chassis with slash 4x4 LCG. durable, reliable, fun and upgradable...... if I have to choose I'd go for Stampede 4x4, its a great truck of its size IMHO.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  11. #451
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    29
    I not a super huge truck guy, but I don't want to pay +$700 for a brushless e revo. Would I be able to trade in the two motors maybe and get a velineon brushless motor for less instead of a mamba monster. Or just get a brushless rally 1/10 out of the box. $500 or $450. Which one would you guys buy?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #452
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Welcome aboard Cwayman22 all three rc you mentioned are different on their own way. E-REVO brushed is a great truck but then you'll eventually want more speed out of it, so the BL version is something you might wanna consider getting. I can't speak for the Rustler cause I don't own one lol. there are two kind of rally, one is 1/10 and the other is 1/16 and they are completely different, 1/16 is based on MERV chassis and 1/10 Rally shared chassis with slash 4x4 LCG. durable, reliable, fun and upgradable...... if I have to choose I'd go for Stampede 4x4, its a great truck of its size IMHO.
    I not a super huge truck guy, but I don't want to pay +$700 for a brushless e revo. Would I be able to trade in the two motors maybe and get a velineon brushless motor for less instead of a mamba monster. Or just get a brushless rally 1/10 out of the box. $500 or $450. Which one would you guys buy?



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #453
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    what's your preferable driving style? onroad, offroad or little bit of both? SC truck might be your choice like the slash 4x4. Rally can do offroad too but not so good with tall grass, but whats great about rally 1/10 is that if you want to turn it to SC you can just buy few parts and body and boom you got a SC truck.

    if you like speed most of the time then I'd go for XO-1.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  14. #454
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    run it again today and manage to squeezed 5mph, so top out @ 65.89MPH. I wonder what numbers I can expect with 2650kv?
    What were you geared at Humay? On my 2650kv MM2, I hit 62mph on my first attempt with a 18/54 gear and 4s. It has more speed available, but I was not geared tall enough.


  15. #455
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    I had it geared 20T/36T mod1. I think with 2650 I can easily get it to 70+ on 4s

    sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  16. #456
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Yes, Agreed! I'm going to convert to Mod 1 as well to get the taller gearing

  17. #457
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SoFLa
    Posts
    98
    That is just killer...Funny that Kate moved for cover!

  18. #458
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
    That is just killer...Funny that Kate moved for cover!
    LOL, Thanks! Yeah due to the wide angle lens on the camera, the RC car looks farther away then it was to the full size car... Kate really thought it was going to launch into her

  19. #459
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Awesome run ViperZ I'm really considering getting a 2650kv.

    sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  20. #460
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Thanks Man!

    The 2650 would be a good choice, or if you are looking to up the Lipo size on the 2200 to 6s...?

    I was considering this for my next Rally 2 build, but I think I may get another 2650 and stay in the 4s camp for the Rally 2. That or get the 2200 for Rally 1 using a 6s, and then move the 2650 from Rally 1 to Rally 2... Decisions, decisions...
    Last edited by ViperZ; 03-09-2014 at 07:07 AM.

  21. #461
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    I was considering this for my next Rally 2 build, but I think I may get another 2650 and stay in the 4s camp for the Rally 2. That or get the 2200 for Rally 1 using a 6s, and then move the 2650 from Rally 1 to Rally 2... Decisions, decisions...
    go with 2200/MM2, you already have 2650 so if you feel like swapping motors, you have both
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  22. #462
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    I got my new sets of sweep wheels/tires today (1 set still in the bag and the other 3 individuals are lightly used, bought it from other forum site. I never had sweep before so I was amazed by its size, its a bit bigger than my GRP but not as big as my XO-1.

    those white wheels/foam tires are bonus, they are IMEX 35 shore. it really surprised me when I open the box seeing a full set of foam tires.


    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  23. #463
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    go with 2200/MM2, you already have 2650 so if you feel like swapping motors, you have both
    Hmmmm... 2200 and a 5-6s could be a lot of fun in one of the Rally's


    Good on the Sweeps!

  24. #464
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Hmmmm... 2200 and a 5-6s could be a lot of fun in one of the Rally's


    Good on the Sweeps!
    indeed my friend.....indeed

    now that I got sweep my speed should be a little more due to bigger OD of the tires. time to charge up my lipo for tomorrow's run
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  25. #465
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Good luck with the trials. I will look in tomorrow for the update

  26. #466
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Well, I got it to run today with gps and it was not as fast as the last run, I got 63.1mph. I tried another freshly charge 4s and I got the same result.

    sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  27. #467
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    It's still a decent speed, on a 4s. Maybe a bit more gear?

    How did the Sweeps feel?

  28. #468
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    It's still a decent speed, on a 4s. Maybe a bit more gear?

    How did the Sweeps feel?
    Yeah, maybe a 22t pinion might get me to 70mph lol. Sweeps are very grippy even with the condition of the street, very dusty, not as sticky as my grp but handles really well.

    sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  29. #469
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Not as sticky as the GRP? As in good or bad thing? I suppose the the real questions is will they last longer assuming they are a harder compound, thus less grippy, and how true the car runs seeing as they are a belted tire, by design.

  30. #470
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Not as sticky as the GRP? As in good or bad thing? I suppose the the real questions is will they last longer assuming they are a harder compound, thus less grippy, and how true the car runs seeing as they are a belted tire, by design.
    both are very good tires. I judge it by how much pebbles I have collected inside the car after I shake it off lol, but really my GRP once its warm up its grippy. I have to test more with my sweep.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  31. #471
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Ahhh.... Yeah I know what you mean!

    It reminds me of when I first ran my XO-1. Even after I transported the RC car home, and cleared out the car, the tires were still warm and still had pebbles stuck to it

    How does the GT8 perform with the XO-1 tires? Too big in diameter?


  32. #472
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    How does the GT8 perform with the XO-1 tires? Too big in diameter?
    I've only fitted my XO-1 wheels/tires, never got to try stretching her out in the open, only did it at the back of the house (concrete area) going circle lol. and with the pro trac arms I have to use my revo 17mm adapter (0 offset) to fit inside the wheelwell.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  33. #473
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    I got it to run again today before sunset and boy does it turn people's head around its an eye opener to some that don't know what a true hobby grade RC is all about and not just any Wal-Mart brand lol. I think you all know the first 3 question's asked, right? one guy, he has a golden retriever and wants to give it a go and I said no, for one, its dangerous and two, I don't think you want to spend any of the damages cost (not that I cant manage to control it but don't wanna take any chances)

    anyway, I did better run than the last run, I got 64.5mph.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  34. #474
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Awesome!

    I know what you're talking about. Every time we run, if casual spectators see they usually come over and the first question they ask is how fast and how much... Then when you tell they are generally shocked on both accounts, most times at the amount just for the car, never mind the ancillaries

  35. #475
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    now that I made some extra cash, I can buy my 2650kv motor.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  36. #476
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Awesome!
    I know what you're talking about. Every time we run, if casual spectators see they usually come over and the first question they ask is how fast and how much... Then when you tell they are generally shocked on both accounts, most times at the amount just for the car, never mind the ancillaries
    yeah, their jaw drop when you mention the price.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  37. #477
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    "But I can get the same thing at Radio Shack for $58? They are the same size..."



    Excellent on the being able to get a new motor

  38. #478
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    so true but not quite the same

    I might end up selling my 2200 when I get the 2650. I cant keep the 2200 for I don't have ESC for it and I want to keep my sig that way unless someone throw a rock on my head for idea
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  39. #479
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK. Canada
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    so true but not quite the same

    I might end up selling my 2200 when I get the 2650. I cant keep the 2200 for I don't have ESC for it and I want to keep my sig that way unless someone throw a rock on my head for idea
    Build another car?

  40. #480
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Build another car?
    hmmmm maybe
    order the motor now, should be here between Tuesday-thurday.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •