Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I charge mine inside the garage which is separate from the house with me in there tinkering my RC.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

i'm thinking of getting away with this hobby for now and sell everything I have. I need to straightened things with me and family. its been fun hanging out with all you guys here. My journey ends here, I best all of you guys and see you again here when the bug bite me again.

I took the car for a spin yesterday and man what a blast, I was having a good time bashing it at the parking lot. also got a new body for it, its the OFNA DTM M-type

post some more pics later on when I get all painted

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'm thinking of getting away with this hobby for now and sell everything I have. I need to straightened things with me and family. its been fun hanging out with all you guys here. My journey ends here, I best all of you guys and see you again here when the bug bite me again.
    Nice, I like that body...I trust things are sorted your end mate .

I am thinking of getting a body like this, how much thicker is it than the Protoform PF8-GT? As nice as the Protoform body is I'm not very impressed. My body has started cracking terribly and held together with shoe goo now from some light side impact. That body looks really cool mate.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Nice, I like that body...I trust things are sorted your end mate .

I am thinking of getting a body like this, how much thicker is it than the Protoform PF8-GT? As nice as the Protoform body is I'm not very impressed. My body has started cracking terribly and held together with shoe goo now from some light side impact. That body looks really cool mate.
    its about the same thickness as the PF8. that's something about yours to crack at some light impact while mine have airborne and stuck underneath my car (1:1) couple times and still looks OK.

I finally finished painting it today,

colors i'm using are copper and aqua wave with backing black paint.

RC Qualifier
    Nice!!!

Ab
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

That looks awesome mate...not sure what's going on with my body. Maybe its a dud.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    Totally sweet!!! Fantastic color combo!! I'm pleased to see you're still here...you're a great inspiration!

thanks all, I did run it at that day and well...... see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3VvKo-H0o
    this is just 3/4 throttle and out of nowhere the car went airborne as it passed by me, it almost did it again at 1:50, good thing it didn't hit the curb. I'll rate this body 7 out of 10 for performance, 10 for looks . going to look for more bodies for testing.

aftermath, it looks OK on the pics but in person its awfull, maybe because I like to keep everything nice

I also found this body close to the one above but much lower and more aerodynamically design.

only thing i'm worried about is that the front shock tower might not have enough room and will hit the body.

so far, my DP8 body is holding up real good for me, never flip or blow over at full speed.

RC Qualifier
    dude...what happened to all the pics?...is it just me...or is photobucket not working....or did u just remove them all?...

btw...still following ur posts...keep up the good work...

RC Qualifier
    No not just you most of them didnt show up for me either
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

sorry guys, I have not visited this thread for a long time and figure since its all the way to the bottom, I've deleted most of the pics. still have the car though and i'm holding on to this one, its my street machine

got my new set of wheels/tires today. I like it a lot

* edit

I r dumb. was on tapatalk and thought this was an XO1 lol
    Saw the diffuser hanging out the back.

Send via most likely stolen wifi...
    Last edited by Cameron; 08-07-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    * edit

I r dumb. was on tapatalk and thought this was an XO1 lol
    Saw the diffuser hanging out the back.

Send via most likely stolen wifi...
    well, what your seeing is really the XO-1 diffuser lol.

oh yeah i know, only saw the last 3 pics and didnt realize what subforum i was in haha.

Looks Amazing!

RC Qualifier
    i love how u cut the two pieces and molded it back together...love your ingenuity...and those wheels definitely go with that Ferrari like body...looks kewl man!

RC Champion
    Sweet Build! I read it form start to here. Too bad the pictures are gone, but I get the general idea.

I bought a Rally Roller yesterday and I'm just setting about the plans for it. I do want to maintain it more for Road and a little bit of off road use....

But I like what you've done!

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    i love how u cut the two pieces and molded it back together...love your ingenuity...and those wheels definitely go with that Ferrari like body...looks kewl man!
    thanks IvVaum, good to hear from you again.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Sweet Build! I read it form start to here. Too bad the pictures are gone, but I get the general idea.

I bought a Rally Roller yesterday and I'm just setting about the plans for it. I do want to maintain it more for Road and a little bit of off road use....

But I like what you've done!
    thanks again ViperZ, I can pull all of my pics from the beginning of the build to the end and post it all but, then again that would not make sense to someone by just looking at it LOL.

RC Qualifier
    question for u bud...will the X0-1 shock tower fit the slash?...i saw on ebay that the shock towers for the X0-1 is super cheap...

question for u bud...will the X0-1 shock tower fit the slash?...i saw on ebay that the shock towers for the X0-1 is super cheap...
    yes they do, only difference is that the rear stand shorter. I use them on both my P4de and Rally GT8.

side by side with my friend's P4de, as you can see the shock tower (rear) stand tall and wide, the front is about the same but its wider.

oohh and XO-1 towers don't have a mounting hole for the body mounts

RC Qualifier
    so how are u mounting the body then?...u gotta drill?

yes they do, only difference is that the rear stand shorter. I use them on both my P4de and Rally GT8.

side by side with my friend's P4de, as you can see the shock tower (rear) stand tall and wide, the front is about the same but its wider.

oohh and XO-1 towers don't have a mounting hole for the body mounts

I got some body post from a 2wd grave digger and mod it to fit.

RC Qualifier
    i swear ur ingenuity knows no bound...i love it...a full set of aluminums on ebay was only $10...talk about cheap...

RC Qualifier
    and i'm going to assume that those GTR shocks...are also XO-1...which is going for $13 for a full set...can u tell me the difference between those...the revo...and the slash?

RC Qualifier
    what's up with this pic?...i'm liking it...is that the XO-1 chassis?...huh?...those are the brace cut short...and body...but...chassis?

those are my SUMMIT GTR shocks with Jato rear springs. the newer ones from slash 4x4 are GTR and its very nice, thinking of buying them too lol.

revo, summit, and slayer share the same shocks but the summit stand taller. slash GTR shocks bodies are a bit different, like the front shocks are smaller than the revo's and the rear is a bit taller too.

what's up with this pic?...i'm liking it...is that the XO-1 chassis?...huh?...those are the brace cut short...and body...but...chassis?
    LOL that is my XO-1 GT8, it basically shortened the wheelbase to accept 325mm bodies like ofna. I don't have it anymore, I was selling them as a kit

heres what it looks like with the body on PF8

Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 08-20-2013 at 01:23 AM.

RC Qualifier
    i saw what you did...u took an XO-1 body and trimmed it short...then drilled the necessary mounting holes...again...ingenious...now that i start looking at it...i'm going...wow...this is actually pretty inexpensive for a decent XO-1 setup...for all the parts to make a roller...i'm thinking...$120 max???....not bad at all...

RC Champion
    That really shows how much shorter the Slash(?) is to the X-01.

How off are most 1/8 GT bodies like the Kyosho infernos to the X-01?

I like what you did for body support. Seen a few guys running extra body posts on the center brace. But thats a nice touch with the bumper foams.

Sent from my phone to you #KCCO

i saw what you did...u took an XO-1 body and trimmed it short...then drilled the necessary mounting holes...again...ingenious...now that i start looking at it...i'm going...wow...this is actually pretty inexpensive for a decent XO-1 setup...for all the parts to make a roller...i'm thinking...$120 max???....not bad at all...
    well, if you have a slash 4x4 already with MMM/2200 then you'll probably have to spend atleast $90-100 which isn't bad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    That really shows how much shorter the Slash(?) is to the X-01.

How off are most 1/8 GT bodies like the Kyosho infernos to the X-01?
    kyosho's are 360mm wheelbase while XO-1 are 404mm. someone here did a XO-1 with 360mm wheelbase and he said it was very competitive with 1/10 touring cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I like what you did for body support. Seen a few guys running extra body posts on the center brace. But thats a nice touch with the bumper foams.

Sent from my phone to you #KCCO
    I did the body post on both side of the body, I thought that was a better support but when you lower the body the side post don't line up.

RC Qualifier
    just bought the T-RCE slash kit...was deciding to do what you did...but...i'm just not as ingenious as u are....so...when ur stupid....u pay....and since i'm paying...that means i'm stupid...(as u know...only stupid people pay...smart people like u...find a way of not paying)...hence i'm stupid...*doh*...but in my defense...that T-RCE kit sure looks nice and purdy...

i swear my collection of cars has gone way up...two slash...one mini revo...one revo-e...one E dm-1...one jammin scrt...one hyper 10sc....and umm...no time for any of it except super late nights of no sleep...

i just picked up a Tekin 2650kv motor...and i want to run it with the MMP...u think the esc will be able to push that motor without burning up?...gearing will be 19T/36T mod1 pushing that TRCE slash...or should i increase the spur to prevent overheating of the esc?

RC Champion
    kyosho's are 360mm wheelbase while XO-1 are 404mm. someone here did a XO-1 with 360mm wheelbase and he said it was very competitive with 1/10 touring cars.
    Thanks! I have been waffling between a X-01 and a GT2 Inferno... I like the X-01 for the Ultimate in speed out of the box, but I like the Inferno for the scale looks, which is more important to me most times.... I just wished there were more scale bodies for the X-01

RC Racer
    Hey guys,

I was hoping to build a street machine like Hum's but probably need to sell my rally as I have too many RC's at the moment and its not been driven in weeks and may not be driven at all much, with my new found fun in the Stampede (I call it Jeepede).

Pass the word to anyone wanting a Rally in excellent running condition.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Tires-and-more
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

Quote Originally Posted by BASH N SLASH View Post
    Hey guys,

I was hoping to build a street machine like Hum's but probably need to sell my rally as I have too many RC's at the moment and its not been driven in weeks and may not be driven at all much, with my new found fun in the Stampede (I call it Jeepede).

Pass the word to anyone wanting a Rally in excellent running condition.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Tires-and-more
    I don't think I can get rid of my Rally GT8, its my best build ever lol. but, if you have too many RC's its good to sell some of them to fund for your next build. I only have 3 rigs and that's on my sig lol

got me a "new to me" set of wheels/tires for my GT8

XO-1 wheels/tires.

alright guys, I uploaded the pics that I deleted to the new account and its staying there.

started as a roller bought from ebay (new)

my intension was to build this into a street machine, got the extended aluminum arms from RC solutions, XO-1 shock towers, GTR shocks/revo springs, and Jato wheels/tires (taped).

incase you wonder whats that thing bridging the F/R shock towers, that is a piece of aluminum solid tubing, cut to length and drill holes at each end and let the screw do the threading.

move on to driveline, I thought the stock needed attention, with my ESC/Motor combo I don't think it can withstand so, I start searching of the right length CVD's with the extended arms, then I came across with Losi ten-t CVD's.

its the right length its just I'm having problem finding the right drive cups until a fellow member here introduce me to tekno M6 cvd's.

the tekno/XO-1 hybrid cvd works perfect for pro trac length. now, I know tekno makes pro trac length dogbones but, what i'm after here is the XO-1 dust cover to keep the grease in.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 09-08-2013 at 05:33 PM.