RC Racer

Slash bumpers for rally

I have a slash lcg and my buddy has a rally identical trucks except for bumpers and body and body mounts. We bash together and his rally body is absolutely destroyed. My slash body has some cracks but overall is still in good shape he crashes a little more than me but I think a big part is my bumpers on my slash saving the body. Has anyone trimmed the stock rally body to work with slash bumpers I don't think it would look bad but he has a spare brand new rally body that came with his car and I am thinking on installing slash bumpers on his rally and trimming the body to fit with them. Any thoughts?

RC Qualifier
    Go for it bro and report back. I think it would look sick! I got a used rally body and the guy cut the back a little to fit the slash rear bumper on. He left the front alone and the body is still in great shape.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I've seen someone done it, he cut the front up to the headlight to clear the slash bumper.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    I think I will try it I'll take pics when we bash the biggest downside to the rally to my slash is no bumper on the back so any wheelie results in the body snagging the ground and his front bumper digs into the ground rather than help slide over stuff and it has resulted in a body prematurely destroyed

RC Champion
    Basically it becomes a Slash 4x4 then

RC Racer
    It already pretty much is a slash 4x4 just different body and bumpers once he goes through the next body I think he is going to just change it to a slash body. Rally body looks cool but does not hold up to bashing.

RC poster
    My body is beat in the front so I trimmed it. I'm going to trim it a bit more to fit an rpm front bumper. I test fit it on my brother's slash and it looked pretty cool, even better with my badlands on beadlocks.

RC Qualifier
    Post some pics

RC Champion

Slash bumpers for rally

Well considering the rally was the first with lcg chassis, there all rally's with a sl4sh bumper, body and mounts lol. I've seen a rally body trimmed for sl4sh bumpers, IMO it looked pretty dumb.

Dry wall tape and shoe goo is the difference between the body lasting 2 runs or 100. Use it in weak spots
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Well considering the rally was the first with lcg chassis, there all rally's with a sl4sh bumper, body and mounts lol. I've seen a rally body trimmed for sl4sh bumpers, IMO it looked pretty dumb.

Dry wall tape and shoe goo is the difference between the body lasting 2 runs or 100. Use it in weak spots
    Agreed. The rally body looks like crap with slash bumpers, and it needs to be severely hacked to fit. Find someone with a slash body and trade, or just buy one, but save the rally body for when you want to run it as a rally.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC poster
    my body was too beat to save anyway. Ill probably buy an e36 m3 widebody for when I go back to rally. I just like this more because I mostly do dirt and don't like how much the stock bumper hits. Either way, just happy with whats under the hood now haha.

RC Champion
    I suppose you may as well run it then... It's not so bad.

RC Qualifier
    Looks good for a basher body.