Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Yeah everyone is telling me the Mod 1 can run open. On Road I can see, off road, there are so many variables. I still think stuff will get caught. Then they say steel gears all around. I think then a person is breaking something more expensive than plastic gears..., like motor shafts...?

Ah well it's academic anyways as The TRCE are not in stock, so I may never get one. Just dreaming out loud
    Keep your eyes on eBay and RCTech for TRCE rollers. I just picked up another one two weeks ago, this time a new, unbuilt and ply bagged chassis kit for my GT8 project. I also ordered two sets of stock length RCE A-Arms for the project from the TRCE website. The site lists all the parts needed to complete a kit separately and they look to be in stock. As a kit, no, but as parts, it seemso. Towers and extended arms are out of stock.
    ------
    Team RCE Slash 4x4 (x5)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkcooper View Post
    Keep your eyes on eBay and RCTech for TRCE rollers. I just picked up another one two weeks ago, this time a new, unbuilt and ply bagged chassis kit for my GT8 project. I also ordered two sets of stock length RCE A-Arms for the project from the TRCE website. The site lists all the parts needed to complete a kit separately and they look to be in stock. As a kit, no, but as parts, it seemso. Towers and extended arms are out of stock.

Thanks, I'll keep a watch from time to time, however quite honestly I'll probably just spent the more on a 360mm Kyosho Inferno GT2 or a Ofna V2e Pro... I think its a better plan for me in the end than to obsessively upgrade one chassis, endlessly

RC Racer
    obsessively upgrade one chassis, endlessly
    That's so August 2013.
    ------
    Team RCE Slash 4x4 (x5)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkcooper View Post
    It seems as if everyone is doing GT8 conversions these days, I remember back when there were only a few.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    It seems as if everyone is doing GT8 conversions these days, I remember back when there were only a few.
    I've only been around since June and yeah, back even that short a time ago, there were only a few conversion build threads. Seems to be getting traction (pun intended). I have a bunch of Traxxas and aftermarket Slash spares, and the GT8 conversion seems like a good way to put some of that into use. Awaiting a few more bits to arrive before finally starting a build thread of my own.
    ------
    Team RCE Slash 4x4 (x5)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i'm a traxxas guy so, doing this conversion is the only way for me to stay with traxxas car/turcks since they don't have GT8 line-up. Kyosho and Ofna GT8 are awesome cars but, I like mine better
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Being able to get Traxxas replacement parts is a huge factor for me. If my LHS doesn't have them, then Future shop or Best Buy. If nothing there, then ebay. Which is where I would be if I was to get a Kyosho or Ofna anyway...

That or make my own custom chassis 360mm using the XO-1 diffs, etc.. As if I got that type of time

I can easily turn an Xo-1 to 360mm wheelbase but, i'd like to toss ofna or kyosho front/rear ends GT8 then do the center diff that way I can tell the differences from rear mounted motor to center mounted motor. I like to mix things alittle bit lol.

I found this on another forum, I was actually thinking of doing this but, turns out someone beat me to it first

got the bug again on building my XO-1 GT8

here it is next to my Rally GT8

RC Competitor
    The Mclaren body with the Kyosho wheels looks killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Wow Rally is amazing

RC Qualifier
    Humay how do you mount the xo-1 side farings?

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    Humay how do you mount the xo-1 side farings?
    after I got it cut to length I then screw it at the bottom of the chassis. the XO diffuser have mounting holes but I have to trim it in an angle a bit (4) due to the side edge of the chassis is a bit of an angle itself.

RC Qualifier
    What are the yellow braces you used on the front and back? Are the just metal pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    What are the yellow braces you used on the front and back? Are the just metal pieces?
    no, those are just plastic cutting board, very thin. I use it to kinda give it support.

RC Qualifier
    ok....cool. Im thinking of trying those on my rally. Im not sure if they will fit with my sc tundra body. If not i guess i could always save them for a xo-1 build not sure how the wife will feel about it though....lol.

little update: since the buyer back out on my Losi 2800kv motor and MMP, I decided to keep it and put it on my Rally GT8 to replace the MM/2200, this way I can only run 3s top, that's plenty fast enough for a 2800kv motor, just need to look around for 3s lipo

RC Champion
    hey humayraahhaaakinaoo... I never could pronounce the screen name, but Ive been a fan of your work for awhile!
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    hey humayraahhaaakinaoo... I never could pronounce the screen name, but Ive been a fan of your work for awhile!
    lol, its all good and I thank you.

got a chance to run it today and seems like it needs to gear up, motor tops its RPM too quick lol. right now I have it geared 20T/54T on 4s and temps very good motor @ 150ish and ESC @ 130ish within 10 mins run with slow run here and there in between. I wanted to video the run but sucks when you don't have nobody to do it.

change the gear to Mod1 18T/36T now I'm liking it, half throttle and feels like full throttle as with mod.8 20T/54T now I just have to watch my temp at straight run but it should be OK at parking lot bashing.

ok, got it out again today and very happy with the gearing although, thermal shut down kicked in after a few passes which I expected to happen.

I added extra support at the rear arms with some spare toe links I have laying around. I've done this also with my XO-1 GT8.

my XO-1 GT8

decided to put back my MM/2200 again lol. the MMP/2800 is good but I can only do few passes then let it cool off, with my MM/2200 I can go on without having to worry about heat issue.

RC Champion
    How are those tires holding out on your Rally Humayray? I ask for I had a set of Kyosho Infernos, that didn't;t last long at all.... I have a bunch of Sweeps but haven't had the chance to try them out yet due to the winter.

this tires are actually very good, its belted and just like sweep you can choose your rubber compound.

my kyosho (non belted) are done.

Finally order myself a aluminum motor mount HR. The shoulder screw that hold the motor plate at the bottom not holding tight anymore. I might get the front HR aluminum bulkhead when its available again.

sent via Samsung LIGHT using tapatalk
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-22-2014 at 09:09 PM.

here's another body to drool on, its from OFNA for their upcoming release of X3 GT8

this is gonna be perfect and another excuse to tinker my Rally GT8, I'm sure the body require modding to set properly low which I have to work on the shock tower and suspensions.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-23-2014 at 02:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I came across this on the net the other day as well. Looks sick. Can't wait to see you mount it up!

RC Champion
    Thanks, I'm not a big fan of the rims, but really for burning rubber, they would do

Awesome on the HR mount. Thats body looks good, not perfect, but good! I'm still struggling a bit with the wierd proportions fo the GT8's But this one is not bad...

Awesome on the HR mount. Thats body looks good, not perfect, but good! I'm still struggling a bit with the wierd proportions fo the GT8's But this one is not bad...
    received my HR motor mount today.

installed

then I never realize how much spur play back and forth after I installed the HR motor mount so I added 4 Teflon washers and rubber shock limiter from my GTR shocks, now the play is just enough to my liking

^^^showing 2 Teflon washers but I added 2 more.

RC Qualifier
    I had the hot racing mount and the screw hole to mount the motor plate to the mount was not threaded right or something cause the screw would not go in. Anyway tried to contact Hot racing and was unable. Out $35 bucks and went and bought the king headz. Iv had other stuff I did not like from hr. I'm pretty much done with them because of lack of customer support. I hope your experience is better hen mine. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    I had the hot racing mount and the screw hole to mount the motor plate to the mount was not threaded right or something cause the screw would not go in. Anyway tried to contact Hot racing and was unable. Out $35 bucks and went and bought the king headz. Iv had other stuff I did not like from hr. I'm pretty much done with them because of lack of customer support. I hope your experience is better hen mine. Keep us posted.
    Wow.. that sucks. Mine was actually good, all threads are there considering it only comes with one bearing still happy with the purchase. I make sure the bearing was packed with grease, I have some traxxas bearing grease so that worked out good.
    I did have one traxxas xo-1 stub axle half without thread, its got a good 4 to 5 turns with thread and the rest is half bald, still work ok all it does is tightened the retainer to secure the hex pin.

RC Champion
    CoeryM, you could try retapping the unit. If you don't have a tap, you can use the same size bolt with slots cut into the it like a tap using a dremel.

Or just drill it out and retap with a larger size. May as well try something other than it being a paper weight.

got tired of not being able to tightened the two screws all the way at the rear bottom that hold the diffuser due to the spacer not at the right thickness, so I measured it and find that my T-Maxx chassis is the right one so, here's what I did.

old plastic cutting board before (that yellow piece lol )

now the new spacer

later on I'm going to cut a thin plastic board to cover the whole bottom

RC Champion
    That looks more XO-1 that Rally

That looks more XO-1 that Rally
    I want it to be as close as with my xo-1 GT8 and at the same time its one of a kind Rally lol. One thing for sure though I prefer running my rally GT8 on speed run than my xo-1 GT8

RC Champion
    Is the motor mount helping your temps?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Is the motor mount helping your temps?
    in a way it does but, more on stiffening around that area and prevent from meltdown

finished my under tray, here's what it looks like