Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Yeah mate...that's what I am doing on my build, ordered XO-1 fronts all round. Hopefully parts should start arriving next week so I can get a go on this project.
    cant wait to see yours finished and running, i bet your gonna love that XO-1 wheels/tires mate.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    i have 4000's right now and get like 30-40mins running 4s thats near full throttle runs and fast take off's plus braking though i have brakes set at 25%. 6500 will give me maybe what 45-60mins maybe. 5s will be ran flat mostly maybe dirt but no pot holes or off road too much

ooh yeah esc cant handle 5s darn forgot about that ooh well 4s will be good enough till i get another esc perhaps
    oh yeah thats right huh.....yours only good up to 4s. you can always get the highest 2x 2s mah. if you can get good 40 mins runtime with your 4000mah........can you imagine having the 6500 mah?

yup only 4s max on my esc. If i get more cash later on this year i guess i'll pick up the 150a esc its a little bigger but not waterproof but that doesnt matter. I wont ever run 6s atleast i hope i dont lol.

its looks like you are going to build your self a XO-1 speed monster. gonna try out 6s with that?
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    yup only 4s max on my esc. If i get more cash later on this year i guess i'll pick up the 150a esc its a little bigger but not waterproof but that doesnt matter. I wont ever run 6s atleast i hope i dont lol.

its looks like you are going to build your self a XO-1 speed monster. gonna try out 6s with that?
    are you planning of buying the HW 150amp ESC? you dont wanna try the Mamba2?
    i'm going to transfer most of what i have on my rally GT8 that way i dont have to spend a whole lot, lol. so far i have spend $70 on parts and still need few more parts like the full under tray, rear bulkhead, reciever box/steering servo mount and center driveshaft assembly. probably looking at another $50-60 if i get lucky bidding off ebay. and not to mention the corvette body, thats another $63, oh darn!! hahahaha.

If i get a good deal i might try the MMM2 esc, cost comparsion right now is the HW 150a though of course i am seeing that HPI has the MMM cheaper than the castle and traxxas models i might give that a look.

good idea to transfer what you have i would do the same thing. 70 on parts is not bad, 50-60 is not bad either for those parts if you get lucky. now that corvette body on the other hand is pricey 63??? wow and you have to paint it as well?

If i get extra cash which more than likely i will after some issues here should be a bit of extra cash i get to spend after more lipos, psu's, charger additional maybe but more than likely and perhaps rpm a arms for emaxx and wheels for both merv and emaxx, ill get a rally maybe if it does good for a little offroading/onroading or i know one a SUMMIT always wanted it, ill take it with me to Yosemite and climb the hills there take like 4-6 lipos with me or i can run it on my house were getting out in the country maybe 1-3 acres.

yeah looks like you get a good deal with buying them from a chop shop than straight from castle lol. i would'nt mind having the WP mamba2 atleast they bump the BEC to 7v from what i've heard.

figure since my rally GT8 is ox-1 ready... i may as well transform it lol. and yes i have to paint the body but i will not spend $120 for a painted one though lol.

if you have to build one which one would you pick, rally or summit?

BEC at 7v is nice mine is at i think 5-6v only and works fine so far the cooling fan is always on humming but its ok i know the esc is staying cool all the time.

Yup i seen that you have some xo-1 parts, heck no i wouldnt pay 120 for a painted one either even if money grew on trees lol.

well if i had to build one it would be for the purpose i would use it for so perhaps a summit since our house is going to be out in the country side right under the yosemite forest area. ill have plenty of room for maybe a small track to make ill have to buy a shovel hahaha to build it no tractor here! area has alot of hills and dips so a summit would be nice emaxx is going to be ok but the merv now im not sure maybe.

I'll have to invite you over when we have a house warming party and well take the trucks out and bash.

i kinda know your going for the summit, i just have to ask lol. must be nice if you can go up there and have a blast all day with a summit, dont forget to get it on video, we dont wanna miss the action

thanks in advance for inviting me, i dont know if i have a truck to bash with you though lol.

i would go for rally if i was staying flat land mostly like in town but out there you need a truck higher off ground like the summit, i would go for e revo but nah i always liked the summit for the size.
    ooh now i wont forget about the vids i might have to upload from phone dont know if i will have u verse out there maybe i hope i have wireless though its the only way we watch tv now on the tablet lol.

if i get the summit in time or if not you can use the emaxx its the only truck i have besides the merv which i can use ill make sure the grass is cut for the merv.
    I plan to have alot of Bar B Q's will have to buy a new grill to i cant stand gas grills but i sure like the way they look.

Come to think about it you really enjoy building these and them either selling them or tearing them down and using the parts for a different chassis build you have went through 3 builds this last year alone that i can count maybe 4 now. and now there is going to be 5 whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post

Mate...which body is a better fit since they are both trimmed differently to each other?
    Rock n Rolla !

Mate...which body is a better fit since they are both trimmed differently to each other?
    they're both exactly the same, mate. i switch them around all the time, the only difference with them are the bottom wheel well, one cut straight dowm while the other is kinda round.

they're both exactly the same, mate. i switch them around all the time, the only difference with them are the bottom wheel well, one cut straight dowm while the other is kinda round.
    I should of worded my question better...That's exactly what I was asking, the way they have been trimmed around the wheel wheel...which fits your rig better; straight or rounded?
    Rock n Rolla !

i like them both the same. the rounded one is more of a shelf look but, i can tell you one thing they both dont rub the tires lol.

i tried it again, strapping 6s in there but, before that...... i did some changes to the car like, change to stiffier springs and cut half of the wing off for less drag. what a difference....... i manage to run it full throttle with ease. guess the Jato springs too soft for a heavy load my phone was set to record but i guess i did'nt press the button hard enough to record the run lol.

Lets see some pics of the trimmed wing....
    I'm thinking I want to run mine on 6s at times but keep it mainly 4s.
    Rock n Rolla !

here you go mate.

What springs and shock oil you running now mate?? You have your car set up as a speedster...
    Rock n Rolla !

i did'nt change the shock oil, just the springs from slayer.

That is 50W oil and Yellow F and Green R.... What wait diff oil...50K??

I can't wait to get a go on this build...your Rally build has made me excited and I've kinda lost interest in my eRevo at the moment.

I think your splitter/defuser has also made a difference to you running 6s .
    Rock n Rolla !

i know 50K sounds thick to put on your diffs in a lighter car but it seems to work fine with me lol.

that indeed probably helps too, flowing air thru but i still think that their are still trap air at the rear side being open so i'm going to attemp the XO-1 GT8.

since i'm turning this into a XO-1 GT8...what's left over will be build back into a stock rally form with ford focus body, that way i can run it at the park near by while my boys playing at the playground having fun.

hey guys, i got bored and nothing to do so, i'm like why not take pictures of it hanging to see what i get with it lol. just to give you an idea of how well balance rally is with MMM/2200 with 4s lipo........here it is.

sorry for the not so clear pics i'm using my phone

yep, i'm slowly turning this back to its original form a Rally 1/10. so far i got the rear end put together and installed my revo slipper clutch along with the aluminum bearing adapter. my power plant is what i have in here before (losi Sct MMP/2800kv).

RC Champion
    Is that a graphite center shaft?
    Everything overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Is that a graphite center shaft?
    no, thats my aluminum rod (chassis brace) that i roll with eletrical tape

yep, i'm slowly turning this back to its original form a Rally 1/10. so far i got the rear end put together and installed my revo slipper clutch along with the aluminum bearing adapter. my power plant is what i have in here before (losi Sct MMP/2800kv).
    Nice ...I can't wait to get my Rally up and running. I love watching your car in action on your Vid clips .
    Rock n Rolla !

yeah mate, i got my rally GT8 into a stock form now and did'nt really like the soft suspension, body was scraping the ground so, i put back my revo GTR suspension.

i never noticed this but, when i bought my rally roller from ebay chop shop....i took it apart and never pay attention about the differencials.....one seems like it has lighter diff oil while the other one have a thicker oil to it. reason why i took it out.... is because i swap that out with my XO-1 diffs. anyway i'm just curious....is one of them with a lighter diff oil and one with thicker diff oil? and which diff goes where (front and rear). as of now, i have the lighter diff up front, seems to turn sharper too.

Yeah mate...lighter lube in the front increases steering into corners.

Stocks front 30K and rear 10K
    Rock n Rolla !

Yeah mate...lighter lube in the front increases steering into corners.

Stocks front 30K and rear 10K
    oohh.... so i installed it backwards lol, that explain the increase (responsive) of steering. i got to run it today for few minutes and i have to say, my taped anaconda tires really got a good grip on a dusty road. after the run i took it for air cleaning, shook it a little bit upside down for some little stones that are stuck in the honeycomb area...... and i keep hearing something and its not falling out, sounds like its coming from inside the spur/pinion...... so im thinking, its probably one of my slipper pads broke off. open it up and to find out a small washer that i could'nt find when i was puttiing it together that night,..... took out a small piece at the edge of the spur tooth.
    took some pics also:

stock suspension with t-maxx upgraded springs at the rear

^^run it that night and the body were scraping the road. change it with my revo 3.3 suspension.

Nice...what foam bumper you running there mate??
    Rock n Rolla !

Nice...what foam bumper you running there mate??
    thats an XO-1 that i cut to fit and incase you miss....that yellow thing (diffuser) down there is a thin kithen cuting board that i also cut to shape lol.

wife did ask me where's one of my cutting board.......i lied

Tell her you put it to good use...I've got my eye on a cutting board for $5 at the Big W store...I may just order an XO-1 foam bumper .
    Rock n Rolla !

little update:
    well, it has nothing to do with my rally but, hope it will help with others, anyway i bought this 2.4ghz reciever (2218) from here with damage antenna, i took my chances to get the signal back by doing what i did before with my other reciever peeling off the black skin about the same lenght as the exposed wire. underneath the black skin is a braided loom/wire and behind that is the actual wire.
    here are the pics,
    this is how i got it

peeled off but turns out the actual wire was severely damage so.......,

...cut it even shorter and do it over again...all done

heres how much wire taken out

heres my other reciever that i did before, thats what i have in my rally

both together

now binded to transmitter

Nice little bit of info there...thanks .
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Nice little bit of info there...thanks .
    your welcome mate. i know some of us get frustrated if this happen to their antenna and sending it to traxxas for repair takes a while before you can play again unless you have a spare one lol.

i miss my very first set-up. its just not the same as how it was, so i'm back to hunt parts for it. i want to compare the very first set-up to my XO-1, handling wise.

RC Racer
    I like the bodies on your rally humayrayakongkinaon. Dude... Your name.... Killer! I'm guessing Samoan?

Awesome bodies on the rally. I know you get compliments all the time on them. By the way, if I had to choose a body for the Rally, I'd like to see an Audi body. Maybe an A3, since its a hatchback? Or we could go all the way and request an R8 body

Joe
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

something like this,
    its not mine

its an awesome body except its a 360mm wheelbase

RC Racer
    Oh. Dannnng! NICE! I'd love to have a body designed for the Rally. Anyone in these forums know someone who's able to make bodies? I'm thinking an Audi RS3 Body? Something that would fit without the need to change out body posts.

The R 8 is sweet! But no way it's going offroad. But an RS3 body "Rallied" up a bit... Now we're talking
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"