Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I notice you say you planned on 6s but you charge a 2s. So did you charge 3 of them or only one?? LOL......OR.....did you leave all the packs back at the house on the charger?? Trick question??
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    no, i meant to say, after i charge my 2s, i strap it on top of 4s and hit the street for a test run and did'nt turn out well. i got a good distance and turn around, i take it easy on the throttle until the speed picked up and floor it and just right after it passed me, it literally flew up in the air about 4 feet and skid about 20 feet, good thing it skid straight in the middle of the street upside down lol. from a distance, i turn left to right with the steering control and i got no respond...and bad thoughts quickly running thru my head but, when i got there to pick it up its just one of the batt got unplug. everything else looks good except for the body and wheels all scratched. from now on i'll keep it on 4s lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

Awesome build mate...I want to join the gang too!!

I've got a list of questions I want to ask you about your build, thinking of doing something very similar maybe late this year. It will be difficult trying to justify another truck to my wife.
    Rock n Rolla !

lol, anything i can do for a friend. you can always take her for a nice vacation like the last time

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    lol, anything i can do for a friend. you can always take her for a nice vacation like the last time
    LOL...the vacation will end up costing twice as much this time .
    Rock n Rolla !

update:
    i made a front under tray defuser, i hope this will help flow the trap air around that area lol.

its made of plastic cutting board.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok just received all the parts to do my axles like yours... Hoping to have it done this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by xxkiloxx View Post
    Ok just received all the parts to do my axles like yours... Hoping to have it done this weekend.
    nice, is yours set-up for onroad too? IMHO tekno CVD are perfect for rally.

RC Enthusiast
    On road with a pf8 body and tenshock 5200kv so I can keep using 2 cell. My 4 cell are all for my planes and helis. Not hard cases.

RC Enthusiast
    Oh, and I'm using a strc lcg chassis instead of the rally chassis.

Oh, and I'm using a strc lcg chassis instead of the rally chassis.
    thats even better atleast you dont have to worry about chassis flex. i have to brace mine and now that i have it brace my center shaft are not scratched.

RC Enthusiast
    Well, here's what's sitting on my work bench... There's enough parts left over for a full on rally (need chassis, body, tires and electronics)

I am using T-RCE shock towers on this to try them out. The diffs are FLM aluminum cases too. This will be fun I think.

Well, here's what's sitting on my work bench... There's enough parts left over for a full on rally (need chassis, body, tires and electronics)

I am using T-RCE shock towers on this to try them out. The diffs are FLM aluminum cases too. This will be fun I think.
    i wonder if the XO-1 plastic under tray can be modded to fit that chassis? i'm working on figuring out a way to have it covered so air can flow out directly to the rear.

RC Enthusiast
    That's a good question... I may have to look into that. I'd like to have something that could kind of "seal" the underneath of the car.

i know 1 guy did a XO-1.......shortened the wheelbase to fit a PF-8 body. i'm thinking of doing the same but, i dont know yet.
    so far i did the front defuzer i posted above. working on the side and rear lol.

RC Racer
    How do you feel about the handling after the mods you have completed so far? Is it a major improvement over stock? For the cost of all the parts I am starting to think i might just buy an xo-1.

Hey mate...what are the dims of the suprasale slicks you have? I am looking for the height and width please .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by roachtron View Post
    How do you feel about the handling after the mods you have completed so far? Is it a major improvement over stock? For the cost of all the parts I am starting to think i might just buy an xo-1.
    I have honeslty been asking myself the same question when I read all of these conversion threads. For $400 more than a Rally 1/10 you can buy a brand new XO-1 so I don't understand it. I have been chalking it up to people liking custom setups?
    XO-1 #4...

stock is for offroading and can easily be tuned to handle real good by slapping a set of Rally GTR shocks. i have watch a youtube video with a rally WP SC8/4000kv 3s vs XO-1 6s. rally looks like its not set-up for onroad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5z8IuqiIw0

Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Hey mate...what are the dims of the suprasale slicks you have? I am looking for the height and width please .
    the wheels are standard buggy wheels 3.2"......... and the tires width are 1.75"...... overall height 3.8"

the wheels are standard buggy wheels 3.2"......... and the tires width are 1.75"...... overall height 3.8"
    Cheers mate...i'll convert that to mm. Not sure of the imperial size
    Rock n Rolla !

i video another short run at a dusty parking lot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNNFX...ature=youtu.be

RC Racer
    Yours seems to handle great, looks like it would give the xo-1 a run for its money. Durability seems to be another plus, if I do the rally. Still have another day to debate....

Are you running your Mamba Monster in there mate?

I think I am going to build myself a rally. I have a Tekin RX8 2000kv combo, not sure what to do with it...it might be a bit overkill for this rig...I just shredded all 4 of my 1/8 buggy road tyres on my eSlayer today...and they were taped .
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 02-03-2013 at 04:20 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

Yours seems to handle great, looks like it would give the xo-1 a run for its money. Durability seems to be another plus, if I do the rally. Still have another day to debate....
    its a whole lot easy to run than to compare with my smaller 1/10 TC3, i can tell you that . being its wider than XO-1 my stability is amazing and can easily make a sharp turn. as for durability...get the chassis brace (axxis) unless you go with STRC LCG aluminum chassis only prob that i see with the aluminum chassis is that its limited to 2s/3s batt unless you trim the upper brace then you have room to fit a 4s.

Are you running your Mamba Monster in there mate?

I think I am going to build myself a rally. I have a Tekin RX8 2000kv combo, not sure what to do with it...it might be a bit overkill for this rig...I just shredded all 4 of my 1/8 buggy road tyres on my eSlayer today...and they were taped .
    yes mate, that my MMM/2200 in there lol. now that all my drivetrain are very solid, i decided to put them for a test run and i think its staying in there lol. are your onroad tires soft compond? the one i'm running are hard compond but not belted and i get plenty good run. my next purchase will be the XO-1 wheels/tires.

yes mate, that my MMM/2200 in there lol. now that all my drivetrain are very solid, i decided to put them for a test run and i think its staying in there lol. are your onroad tires soft compond? the one i'm running are hard compond but not belted and i get plenty good run. my next purchase will be the XO-1 wheels/tires.
    Yeah mate...pulled the trigger and bought a roller today with a few odds and ends. I liked your build so much I wanted to do something similar to you...I bought XO 1 wheels today, that's why I was asking you the Q's. I ended up buying 2 sets of fronts as I think the rear come with an offset and are 10mm wider.

Still undecided for motor and esc...

I should have everything in a few weeks...not sure how I am going to explain this one...savings depleted once again . All for the hobby mate...I have shelved my SlayVo GT build, your rally build looks way more fun.

As always...another great build mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

Yeah mate...pulled the trigger and bought a roller today with a few odds and ends. I liked your build so much I wanted to do something similar to you...I bought XO 1 wheels today, that's why I was asking you the Q's. I ended up buying 2 sets of fronts as I think the rear come with an offset and are 10mm wider.

Still undecided for motor and esc...

I should have everything in a few weeks...not sure how I am going to explain this one...savings depleted once again . All for the hobby mate...I have shelved my SlayVo GT build, your rally build looks way more fun.

As always...another great build mate .
    Sweet dude! Congrats on the purchase. Glad you get to join the gang. Now time for these parts to start showing up so we can see your build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    its been a while since i visited the traxxas site...the moderators here really didn't like me...so i've been staying away...but aside from that...i just wanted to congratulate u on a fine build Humay....u are truly an inspiring individual...keep up the good work...u have a loyal follower in me...and i have always looked to ur builds for inspiration...thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    its been a while since i visited the traxxas site...the moderators here really didn't like me...so i've been staying away...but aside from that...i just wanted to congratulate u on a fine build Humay....u are truly an inspiring individual...keep up the good work...u have a loyal follower in me...and i have always looked to ur builds for inspiration...thanks!!!!
    hi IvVaum, glad to here from you again man thanks for your compliment. its a blast for me as always doing build thread lol.

next stop XO-1 GT8 with C6-R corvette

i did some few adjustment on my front diffuser, due to the kick up the diffuser also pointing up, so i tuck in a foam enough to get it straight with the bottom chassis. i dont not have any movement of the body whatsoever now that i got it all secured, i can push down the hood part and i can actually see the suspension goes down and not the body flex down lol.

also move my antenna tube next to the reciever box.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-10-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Maybe I am seeing things but does that battery hold down fit the emaxx? Looks like the same holders to lock it into. This one is 29mm just a little bigger than 28mm that I have. Wonder as if I get a battery that is larger than I have.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

I see you are running the 1/8 slicks from suprasales. How have they held up for you and what do you think about them. I purchased the same set and also a set of on roads from them.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Maybe I am seeing things but does that battery hold down fit the emaxx? Looks like the same holders to lock it into. This one is 29mm just a little bigger than 28mm that I have. Wonder as if I get a battery that is larger than I have.
    i think thats were they base it from e maxx batt hold down, i like it how it just snap on and real easy to take out.
    looking for a bigger lipo for your e-maxx mike?

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I see you are running the 1/8 slicks from suprasales. How have they held up for you and what do you think about them. I purchased the same set and also a set of on roads from them.
    so far its serving me well that i bought another 2 set from him. this black one is my first purchase from him and i'm still running them now lol. i get lots of run with them and i dont just take it easy too, i do drifting and burn out and still intact. i do wanna try the XO-1 front wheel/tires though just to see the differences.

i think thats were they base it from e maxx batt hold down, i like it how it just snap on and real easy to take out.
    looking for a bigger lipo for your e-maxx mike?
    yeah after the charger i get, thinking maybe the 6500 50c 2s lipos SPC and maybe a 3s as well just 1 of those to be able to run 5s or just a 3s for my wife she doesnt like the power of the 4s on there and 2s is too slow for her so meeting in the middle here.

that would be awesome running it on 5s and with that high mah your run time will be much longer too.

i have 4000's right now and get like 30-40mins running 4s thats near full throttle runs and fast take off's plus braking though i have brakes set at 25%. 6500 will give me maybe what 45-60mins maybe. 5s will be ran flat mostly maybe dirt but no pot holes or off road too much

ooh yeah esc cant handle 5s darn forgot about that ooh well 4s will be good enough till i get another esc perhaps
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 02-10-2013 at 06:35 PM.

i do wanna try the XO-1 front wheel/tires though just to see the differences.
    Yeah mate...that's what I am doing on my build, ordered XO-1 fronts all round. Hopefully parts should start arriving next week so I can get a go on this project.
    Rock n Rolla !