Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I was just checking out my set up for long arms.... 3.25" on a standard Tekno connected to xo1 gives me these longer arms

Yours are gonna be " longer than my mod ..... I think you went to far. But from what I can figure, either my shafts set up (can't even be used on a standard slash because the jam the diff at half way compressed shock) or Tekno axles, and your shafts may just cut it. Here's my mod with the arm level, steering turned full for max amount out of the cup

There its jamming the diff.... if yours is to long, this may be the way to go.
    i just recieved those cvd's (picture above) and yep they are way too long now that i mated it with the XO-1 stub axles, its hitting the diff output shaft. so now i'm going with your route, time to hunt for tekno cvd's lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

wow i cant believe the rally chassis and tall battery holder showed up today, i was'nt expecting it until friday cool.....

installed with 4s lipo in.

here is my cvd (losi ten-t) that i was hoping it would be the right fit, turns out to be to long that its hitting the diff output shaft

i need the tekno cvd for the right length.

i'm very excited today cause my tekno M6 CVD and XO-1 knuckles came in the mail but, i set it aside.....my boys wanted to go to disney land. now, that i'm home, i quickly start taking things apart......and this is what i got.

stub axles (top tekno | bottom XO-1)

rear driveshaft (top tekno, bottom XO-1)

front (top XO-1, bottom tekno)

i'm using the XO-1 stubs to give me extra length to make-up with the longer arms but the result is not what i expected to be.

anyone have the stock arm in comparison with the protrac arm. a picture side by side would be nice, i greatly appreciate it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    The protrac arms add a total of 8mm. I don't have the 2 too compare but its 4mm per side, out from stock. Are those the tekno m6 protrac bones? They have the bit extra but I don't know it it would be enough .......... what about the Tekno shafts that reaper uses on a protrac pedes? I'll give his mod a look, see if its do-able
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

i went and order the pro trac arms 6082-01 F/R, XO-1 dust boots, and XO-1 17mm hexes. if all this still dont work, watch out, this might end up in the MP lol.

RC Racer
    What is the setup you have in the mocked up picture? I am using hot racing 17mm adapters, which are the same offset as the traxxas 17mm adapters. If I use the RC solutions arms with stock hubs and the 17mm adapters and the same on road buggy tires as you, will they fit with the PF8 GT body like it does in your picture? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    What is the setup you have in the mocked up picture? I am using hot racing 17mm adapters, which are the same offset as the traxxas 17mm adapters. If I use the RC solutions arms with stock hubs and the 17mm adapters and the same on road buggy tires as you, will they fit with the PF8 GT body like it does in your picture? Thanks.
    if you use the RC Solutions arms and the slash/rally 17mm adapters it will pass over the wheel wells. you need the pro trac arms to get the right width.

i went back to mod.8 gearing, geared it 20t/52t and heres a little short run.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eYhNLx4HM

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Awesome run. That sucker is flying. I changed my gearing a couple weeks ago but have yet to run it. Nothing but sour weather and sick family.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

thanks DPede, i went back to mod1 again....i change it last night....run it this morning and its much faster. we're just getting over with our sickness...it goes on and off since before christmas lol.

update: I recieved my protrac arms and XO-1 axle dust boots today in the mail.

here are the differences of length of three arms left to right.....stock, pro trac, and rc solutions.

heres the right length axles i needed, its a mixed with tekno axles and XO-1 stubs/dust boots

installed.......
    rear

front

aaahhh.....at last, i finally got it all figured out. i thanks to all of you guys for all the info's i've gathered around, now i can run these with the set-up i wanted it to be.

RC Qualifier
    that looks great , I think with the protrac arms and 17mm axle adapters it will fit a 325-330 mm 1/8 body perfectly at the wheels wells .
    Now im tempted to try this and see how it performs against the gtps and dm1s that race 1/8 onroad
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    that looks great , I think with the protrac arms and 17mm axle adapters it will fit a 325-330 mm 1/8 body perfectly at the wheels wells .
    Now im tempted to try this and see how it performs against the gtps and dm1s that race 1/8 onroad
    oh yeah these are very competetive to 1/8 onroad, very light so thats a good advantage there.

I knew you would figure it out and find a solution. Let me know how those axles hold up.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

thanks DPede, yeah after dumping quite a few $$$ finally got it where i wanted it, lol. i took some pictures with the body on today.
    here they are.

i'm using my revo 17mm hexes as of now, still waiting for my XO-1 17mm hexes in the mail.

RC Qualifier
    will the xo1 hexes push the wheels out further , thought the protrac arms would cure that , i believe the slash 2wd 17mm front hexes work also unless there same as xo-1 lol

i stumble across my slayer pushrods and thinking what if i use this as my turnbukcles for my rally. this rods are much beefier than the rally.

comparison

front

rear

will the xo1 hexes push the wheels out further , thought the protrac arms would cure that , i believe the slash 2wd 17mm front hexes work also unless there same as xo-1 lol
    the XO-1 hexes put me right at the wheel well inner side.

not familiar with slash 2wd 17mm hexes. XO-1 hexes use bigger pin than the slash 4x4 hexes.

RC Enthusiast
    So let me see if I'm following this correctly...
    You're using protrac arms, tekno protrac length cvd's, xo-1 axles and xo-1 hex's, correct?
    I am building a gt8 based off of my LCG slash 4x4 and found out the the new slash cvd's BARELY have any spline left, maybe a few mm's at best.
    Very nice build, very nice write up!

Quote Originally Posted by xxkiloxx View Post
    So let me see if I'm following this correctly...
    You're using protrac arms, tekno protrac length cvd's, xo-1 axles and xo-1 hex's, correct?
    I am building a gt8 based off of my LCG slash 4x4 and found out the the new slash cvd's BARELY have any spline left, maybe a few mm's at best.
    Very nice build, very nice write up!
    yes sir, you got it. watch out when buying the proline protrac arms, they have the older version (i think) which is the same lenght as the stock arm. look for part # start with 6082 not 6062. as for the tekno cvd's....buy the whole set than buying it piece by piece unless you have some spare parts already.
    one last thing dont forget to buy the XO-1 dust boots, its what hold the pin and keep the stub/cvd together.

i recieved my XO-1 17mm hexes and springs blue (1.6 PPi)

here they are...

difference with the revo 17mm and XO-1 17mm

wheels are more in with revo 17mm

XO-1 just perfect!!

RC Racer
    This turned out great, perfect fit. You have me wanting to build something similar. How did you build your gtr shocks? What tires and wheels are you using? I thought about picking up the treaded sweep racing tires, but I am worried they won't last long.

As always...nice one mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

My GTR shocks are from my revo, i shortened it by adding 2 piston shocks inside the shock shaft. the springs are from Jato rear blue (1.6PPi). i got my set of wheels/tires from here.....>http://www.ebay.com/itm/310489388253...84.m1438.l2648.
    i get plenty of runtime with these and yet have no problem blowing up, even on 6s.

Dude, that came out great!! Fine job there my friend. The tires/wheels look perfectly tuck at the wells. Now you need some LED wheel bling!!!! Not time for some speed runs???
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Dude, that came out great!! Fine job there my friend. The tires/wheels look perfectly tuck at the wells. Now you need some LED wheel bling!!!! Not time for some speed runs???
    thanks DPede, as of now cant really do speed runs due to rain..... suppose to rain here until sunday, good thing i'm off monday then i can video the run.
    thinking about them LED lights, that way even at night i can run it without guessing which way its going hahahaha.

took some more pics with my shelf body lol.

well guys, i could'nt help myself....i swap over my MMM/2200 back in and this time i will run it lol. the last time i mounted it, i did'nt run it due to weak driveline (stock). this time, now that i have installed tekno cvd's, XO-1 diffs, XO-1 carriers/knuckles and 17mm hexes, i think i'm good to run this......

i have to drill a hole on my reciever box for my chassis brace to go thru.....

so that is your 4s right? nice rally you got there.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    so that is your 4s right? nice rally you got there.
    yep, i have 2 of them. My 2s gens ace hardcase fits in nicely too.

here my short run at target parking lot not so much grip due to sandy/dusty parking lot right after the rain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9SgadXXgCg

RC Qualifier
    man that came out great after seeing this make me want to get rid of my slash 4x4 and build one of these for the track and not let anyone know what it is then when they like what your running there , take off the lid and be like TRAXXAS lol i bet the guys would be shocked

man that came out great after seeing this make me want to get rid of my slash 4x4 and build one of these for the track and not let anyone know what it is then when they like what your running there , take off the lid and be like TRAXXAS lol i bet the guys would be shocked
    thanks BennyG6, i actually have a spare chassis, arms, stock driveshafts, carriers/knuckles, diffs, etc.... only need a few more parts to build another one lol........thinking of building it into a slash 4x4, dont know yet........cant decide hahaha

RC Qualifier
    I would prob build a slash also , but id love to throw a 2650 run it on 4s-5s and see how much lighter it actually is then a real GT8 onroad , i have a xo-1 and GTP but this thing would totally be sleeper status . Do you think the stock shafts would take the power of a mm2650

Do you think the stock shafts would take the power of a mm2650
    i'm gonna say not a chance, maybe you get a few runs with it. i have my stock driveshaft running on MMP/2800kv and it start to show some sign of wearing at the joints.

have you weight the two cars XO-1 and GTP with lipos on by any chance?
    i'm curiuos how much weight difference with the two.

its late and yet here i am missing around with stiffening the body. i come up with some spare parts laying around, with some cutting and trimming....works great.

rear side body post.

front body support. rally bumper skewer thru the chassis brace just like the reciever box lol. the height is enough to contour with the underside of the body.

Hey I was looking at your chassis brace and seen you wrapped it with electrical tape. Maybe use heat shrink instead? I think it would look way cleaner. I totally dig your skewer. LOL

I'm going to see if I have a good enough signal to view your youtube vid. I seen you posted it last night. It's a bummer we can't view at work.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Hey I was looking at your chassis brace and seen you wrapped it with electrical tape. Maybe use heat shrink instead? I think it would look way cleaner.
    thats what i was going to do but too lazy to go buy it lol. i will eventually go on that direction.

incase anyone want to see what size difference between mod.8 20t to mod1 20t......here it is.

i'm running mod1 20t/38t on 4s.

could'nt help myself thinking of trying it on 6s, so i charge my 2s pack and hit the road. any idea what might have happen? did'nt get it on video though.