Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar

i joined the gang........

well guys, i just bought myself an early christmas present. after seeing all you guys rally, i'm like i have to have one lol. i did'nt buy the RTR, instead i bought the roller. i'm going to set this onroad GT style, i already got the body for it and wheels/tires......just need a ESC/BL motor. guys.... got any good esc/motor combo that you can recommend? greatly appreciate your help. i'll post pictures when i get everything in hand.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Nice, can't wait to see it. I would recommend a good set up for this Rally but all I've run is the stock set up. There is the abvious MMP 3800 if you are going to run 2's. If you'll run 3's then the 2400kv which are both great setups IMO. Congrats on your purchase man!!
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

right now i have 2 2s and 2 4s lipo. i would really like to run my 4s lipo so i need something that can handle up to 6s possible.

one more Q, can i use the xo-1 shock towers? i know the rear tower need some mod to make it to work for the body post.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Congrats on the purchase. Good to see you over here. You do some clean builds man.

If you plan on running 3S & 4S i'd go with the MMP 2400 combo. This thing can be geared to the moon. If you want up to 6S you will have to go to the MM & 2200 at least. Not sure what mods have to be made if any for the motor can. I hear they will be coming out with a new version of their controllers soon and waterproof.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Welcome to the gang....lol! You'll love driving that car.

thanks everyone.....i wanna see what i can do to this. thinking maybe using my MMM/2200, but i dont know yet.

i recieved my XO-1 shock tower today...Hmmmmm looks smaller than i thought, but well see when the roller shows up.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I would say, if you want to run 4S even, you should be looking at the MMM/2200kv combo. The 2400 CAN do it, but thats really pushing its limits for a car that will be run for long periods of time. If you even want to try 6S, you NEED the 2200 for sure.

So, did the sale of the spartan fund this baby? hehe... I hope so. Nice to have you in the rally club.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

it sure did atleast "you know who" cant say nothing about purchasing it hahaha

are there any room for this 2200 to fit in?

I feel the 2200 would fit fine. The mmm will fit down on the chassis behind it too.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

wow then in that case i can use what i have on my SlayVo GT8 untill i find a repalcement lol.

i'll probably do it this way.....buy a MMM and 1512 2650kv motor.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'll probably do it this way.....buy a MMM and 1512 2650kv motor.
    I run the MMM & 2650kv in my Slash 4x4. That sucker is mean. I don't think you will be dissapointed at all with that combo.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

the 2650 can run 4S no problem. I have run one on 6S but it did get kindof hot. Either way, I bet its super fast on 4S and an absolute missile on 6S.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

one more Q, can i use the xo-1 shock towers? i know the rear tower need some mod to make it to work for the body post.
    anyone ever tried mounting it?^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I run the MMM & 2650kv in my Slash 4x4. That sucker is mean. I don't think you will be dissapointed at all with that combo.
    thats awesome man, good to know its working very well....thats definitely what i'm getting now.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    the 2650 can run 4S no problem. I have run one on 6S but it did get kindof hot. Either way, I bet its super fast on 4S and an absolute missile on 6S.
    what gearing did you have it on when you run it on 6s?
    Last edited by Double G; 12-09-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: merge, the multiple quote feature works fantastic

i'm thinking since everone are into dying chassis and other parts....i'm also going to dye my chassis. this is my first time dying it...any suggestion or list of procedure......greatly appreciate it.

RC Champion
    What I did, this was also my first time dying stuff. Bought a turkey roasting foil pan (didn't really have any pots I could use without the wife freaking). Boiled the water in a pot on the stove, dumped it in the roasting pan, added dye in the pan (i used RIT dye, the powdered stuff, threw a whole box in, like $2.50/box), once the dye was added I stired it around, threw my parts in there I wanted to dye. Brought the pan outside to avoid catastophe which I spilled a bit by the way as I added way to much water to fully submerge the chassis and the pan was starting to bend on me as it was not solid and started coming up and right as I got to the door it spilled some on the floor and outside deck LOL. All this time the wifes going " OMG GO GO GO ". I let it sit outside until the water was somewhat lukewarm and then brought it it and rinsed in the sink. Done. Turned out great IMO. I'd say it sat for 30+ mins.

GL and man, be careful. I since have bought a cheap and deep pot I can use for this kind of stuff. I recommend doing it outside. When you get the parts out as well I used a rag to transport them and then rinsed in the sink.

cool, i have a BBQ grill outside that is big enough for a 10-15 pound turkey pan to fit in. i'm trying to avoid any RC work inside....dont wanna upset "you know who" and on top of that she does'nt even know this one is coming. so to cover up the new arrival i'm eliminating my SlayVO GT8 and bring back my REVO-E that way it looks like i still have 2 RC.

Dying parts is fairly easy. I use an old SS pot and get it to a rolling boil then add Liquid Rit dye. I then turn it down where its still boiling. I use an old tin foil bread pan to sit the parts on so they arent directly on the heat. I leave them in there until they are the desired color i'm looking for. I do have to flip the chassis to get both ends. The Rally Chassis I left in there for a good 30 minutes for the color I was looking for. I keep my old colored water in the pot which had half the dye in there, I ended up adding the rest of the bottle and about a gallon of water. I do this in the kitchen, so I make a tinfoil drip bed with paper towels. I'm very careful not to drip anything on the floor or counter. LOL

Wish ya luck. Cant wait to see how yours turns out.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

man, i thought the mailman have my package today but, nope. its OK i still have tomorrow and friday to wait for it. it just sucks cause my plan of dying the chassis outside will be change due to rain. i guess i'll just have to be extra careful doing it inside LOL.

RC Champion
    Awwwww that must of been a bummer. I went to the post office today after work, saw a delivery notification card in my mail box, go to the counter all excited thinking maybe it's my QR-1. Turned out to be some bullet connectors I ordered. Man was I bummed.

Be careful dying that chassis. Excited to see what you do with it after seeing some of your other builds.

I'm looking forward to seeing your build mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

thanks craig, i cant wait to get my hands on lol.

stephan let us know how you like your QR-1.

I'm sure you gonna rock n roll this truck mate...what happened to the SlayVo in your sig??
    Rock n Rolla !

i have to take it out mate, most of the parts are back into my REVO-E. watching for a ESC/motor bl system to run for my 1/10 rally GT off ebay.

YES.....finally it came today and i did'nt waste time, i did what i wanted to do first..... dye my chassis lol.

here it is out the box,

dying the chassis,

out the pan

i'm using the XO-1 shock towers and the rear need some modding for the body post to work,

running MOD1 40t

i have to shave just alittle to clear the end of the motor

My Motor and ESC

Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-15-2012 at 02:35 AM.

guys, whats the easiest way to tightened the steering servo horn?

i've also notice that when the motor get tightened, its a bit tilt down. its not line straight with the center drive or at the chassis side.

took some more pictures today with the body fitted.

i happen to have my RS4 hop-ups spare parts and the rear aluminum knuckles seem to fit perfectly in.

knuckles have 1.5 degrees angle.

Very clean job my friend. The protoform body sits perfect, & those knuckles are to die for. I'm a fan of your builds.

Bet you can't wait to put power to it& pull the throttle.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

thanks Dig, those knuckles are probably be taken out, i just order myself a set F/R tekno M6 drivelines. i just wish they make a 17mm adapter a few mm wider.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.

i'm thinking of changing my diff oil at the rear, seem a little bit soft than the front diff, but before i'll take it apart, i have a Qs,....are the diff supprted with an I bar inbetween the spider gears?

i'm thinking of changing my diff oil at the rear, seem a little bit soft than the front diff, but before i'll take it apart, i have a Qs,....are the diff supprted with an I bar inbetween the spider gears?
    You are talking about the I-bar differential support right? It doesnt come stock with one. I believe the 5382x is the one you use as an upgrade. I purchased 4 packs but have yet to upgrade them. I was going to wait until I needed to repack them. You might be talking me into doing the ones for the Rally first now. LOL Double check but I believe this is the right part for them. I'll be working on this during the holidays when the weather has gone south in the South.

5382x
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

yes thats the one. i have purchased from jrc ($12.99 a piece) awhile back, taken out from an XO-1 so it whould work out OK.
    my front diff seems to be on the thick side while the rear almost like dont have diff oil in it.

RC Champion
    The black chassis looks good. I plan on doing my in a few days. Is taking everything off the chassis pretty straight forward? I haven't done any work on my Rally yet, so I'm not familiar with the chassis. Any tips you can offer me?

yeah very easy to do, unscrew 4 bolts in the front and 4 bolts in the rear then pull them apart and from there you can just take out motor mount, motor plate, esc, reciever box, steering servo, & nerf bar. make sure to label the screws so that its easy to put it back together.

Cool talking to you yesterday mate...I'm thinking 21/36 Mod1 gearing in my build.
    Rock n Rolla !

your welcome mate.
    thinking of buying the extended a-arms from rc solutions to make up the width of my car body, did'nt like the look of the tires being tucked in. i'ver seen some of the extended 17mm hexes but i dont know if i want that.

I'm using the Integy 6mm offset adapters on my Summit. So far they are working well...post #121
    Rock n Rolla !

ordered the rc solutions extended a-arms and canceled my tekno f/r axles set, i have my eyes on the xo-1 axles since its telescopic it suite well for the long a-arms.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-19-2012 at 02:15 AM.