Drive shaft question??

I don't know much about the Slayers; I recently built myself an eSlayer...do you get steel drive shafts for the Slayer??
    Rock n Rolla !

Do you mean, "Do they make steel drive shafts for the Slayer?" If so, nope. I havn't found any yet to date. The stock drive shafts a great, I don't see a need to upgrade them unless your running a HUGE big block, or a large brushless motor for a E-Slayer.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

That s what I meant mate...its not for my eSlayer but a road build that I will begin soon with the Slayer arms on an eRevo chassis...it will be running 2/3s in it .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    mate just go with the revo 3.3 driveshafts and cut them to length. this is my back up plan once my stocker give up but so far its holding still even on 6s.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    Message ckeithnitro on here. I know he was able to peice together some MIP shafts to get some to work for his BB slayer pro....

RC Qualifier
    summit shafts would also be a good alternative. just like revo/erevo shafts they will have to cut to length.

RC Qualifier
    Cut summit shafts are stronger than revo shafts. Revo shafts should still be plenty strong for an eslayer though.

Stock slayer shafts will start to give you trouble with a brushless rig on high traction surfaces.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I don't know much about the Slayers; I recently built myself an eSlayer...do you get steel drive shafts for the Slayer??
    for the slayer pro rear wheel steel drives this is what u need from MIP
    part MIP8137 x 2 diff output hubs short 6mm bore
    part MIP8101 C- drive spline set AX10 (this is for the drive shaft part)
    part MIP11102 or MIP8143 axle shafts either with work (11102 is tmaxx3.3)(8143 is revo3.3)
    "this is to work for slayer pro the new extended longer, wider model"
    towerhobbies where i got my parts...
    its a perfect fit awesome strenght

Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    for the slayer pro rear wheel steel drives this is what u need from MIP
    part MIP8137 x 2 diff output hubs short 6mm bore
    part MIP8101 C- drive spline set AX10 (this is for the drive shaft part)
    part MIP11102 or MIP8143 axle shafts either with work (11102 is tmaxx3.3)(8143 is revo3.3)
    "this is to work for slayer pro the new extended longer, wider model"
    towerhobbies where i got my parts...
    its a perfect fit awesome strenght
    Awesome mate...exactly what I was looking for; THANK YOU!...I am using Slayer Pro arms front and rear....

Can I use these in the front too??
    Is the AX10 drive spline set is the same length as the stock Slayer drives shaft??
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    yes front and rear ,but i've never had a problem with tearing out front shafts. so in my eyes steel on the front is just unwanted weight
    the shafts slide on there splines like the plastic stock ones for right lenght and for suspension movment.. did alot of research
    to figure out what works for the slayer pro. the axles and output hubs was the easy part! shafts took some figuring out..

Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    yes front and rear ,but i've never had a problem with tearing out front shafts. so in my eyes steel on the front is just unwanted weight
    the shafts slide on there splines like the plastic stock ones for right lenght and for suspension movment.. did alot of research
    to figure out what works for the slayer pro. the axles and output hubs was the easy part! shafts took some figuring out..
    Thanks for the info mate...this car wont be doing any jumping at all...I Like the eSlayer so much I am making a dedicated road build drifter with pretty stiff suspension...Its going to run 2/3s so the added weight will be welcomed .
    Rock n Rolla !

FLM makes CVD's for the Slayer. They are a dog bone style CVD. For center shafts you have a wide variety of choices for CVD's there. THS, MIP are just a few I can think of. Just get center shafts for a Revo 3.3 for the Slayer pro or Revo 2.5 for original Slayer.

I've just been looking on MIP's website and see you can buy MIP CVD's from them now for the Slayer Pro.

I'm not sure which one as there are 2 product numbers #9170 or these #9173...could any one shed some light on what is the difference between the 2.

I was thinking of getting the #9170...Thanks.
    Last edited by MITCH316; 03-29-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    MIP 9170 fits slayer 5908 which is older shorter / narrower slayer!! Don't know which model you have but make sure of what your buying..

I have an eSlayer that I built from an eRevo brushless chassis. I am using the Pro arms on mine for the extended length. I was gonna get your above MIP recommended parts list post #8 from tower hobbies...it worked out almost $200 for me. It's a lot of cash for these shafts so I was browsing the MIP's site yesterday and came across the ones I mentioned.
    Last edited by MITCH316; 03-29-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    I've just been looking on MIP's website and see you can buy MIP CVD's from them now for the Slayer Pro.

I'm not sure which one as there are 2 product numbers #9170 or these #9173...could any one shed some light on what is the difference between the 2.

I was thinking of getting the #9170...Thanks.
    It says 9173 are Center shafts.. So Center means from the transmission to diff...
    And 9170 won't work with slayer pro extended arms...

Cheers mate...so the combo you posted in post #8 is the way to go for the CVD's and will work on my eSlayer.
    Rock n Rolla !