RC poster

Need help setting up truck..

Hey guys I need some help getting back in the sport. I just bought my son a new one for Xmas so i figured I'll get mine going again. It has been years since I've been into it. I have one of the older models with a Mamba Max speed controller and a figal motor. I have to pics. I need to know where to buy parts. I need both spire gears and pinion gear. Also is my motor and speed controller a good set up. I never got it running lost interest. I think I have every thing to make it run. O I also remember some type of splitter so u can connect the 2 barriers to the one plug on speed controller were can i buy that. Take a look at my pics any comments are Greatly appreciated

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

you're gonna need another speed control. the old mamba max escs were only built to run up to 3s and in trucks alot lighter than a maxx. my best advise is to get a monster mamba esc or a mamba max pro esc. both can be purchased from Tower hobbies along with any gears you need. I've used both of those in my revo and e-maxx and their both solid choices.

the feigao motors are 2 pole and are good solid motors. just gear them on the low side and watch your temps.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC poster
    Sounds good. And what gearing you think I should start with.. also what about the stock clutch setup on the emaxx. Is it good enough to handle the setup or is there and upgrade I can do..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

you can use the stock clutch with no issues. As far as gearing, i'd probaly start about 65t spur/13-15T pinion. I always start on the low side and gear up if i want more speed.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash