RC poster

Just picked up a Traxxas 1/16 Muscle Car / Rare ME WestCoast Customs 69 Camaro

I won this sucker on ebay today, and I'm EAGER to get my hands on it. This will be my first Show Car that will be hopped up, but never driven. I have a MERV and I'm building a Boss 302 that get driven, this will be a Shelf Queen that gets the hop up treatment only.

As I'm sure you guys know the Monster Energy West Coast Customs 69 Camaro is possibly the rarest of the TRX 1/16 models, never released to public, rumour has it only 100 were made given to Monster Energy Distributors as a promotional piece. The RC is modelled after a Custom car WestCoast Customs Built for the lead singer of KORN. They were not meant to be sold, but being as they been out for a few years, the economy is tough many have found their way to ebay. They were selling at 600$ but have come down in price. I got mine for a few hundred less.

I will say, I've seen a few getting beat up on youTube videos, so I'm thinking not to many in mint condition left.

Here are the snaps of my RC,

A better shot of the RC

and some shots of the car its based off of.

I'm excited to get my hands on this Sweet RC

I have seen LOTS of them for sale... enough for me to safely assume a lot more than 100 where made. I would even believe a zero was left off the 100 number, making it 1,000.

About 6-8 months ago 3 where available here on the MP alone... the unopened one sold for around $250-300.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    It's really only the body and wheels that are hard to find. Either way keep us updated on the project.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC poster
    No doubt there are many, but more and more getting beat up, and some may have surfaced a few times, hard to say for sure, it would be cool if a Traxxas insider clued us in or gave a hint.. 100 or 1000, still very limited and as they get beat up, sold and messed up, less and less of them around. The wheels IMO are tossers, Im going to paint a green lip on the Boss 302 wheels, I feel this will be more true to the car the RC is bassed off.

I figure if you're gonna build a Shelf Queen, might aswell build it out of the Rarest release of the platform. If Im not mistaken, even at 1000, it would still be the rarest Traxxas 1/16 kit made to date. A lil naughty cause Im not really supposed to have it, and bassed off of a seriously cool car.

I agree... still not a common RC and very cool looking.
    I did not mean to steal any thunder or rain on any parades...
    My apologies if I did so.

I die a little on the inside when I see one on YouTube skidding on its lid at 50mph.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Its an RC Car, RUN IT LIKE YOU SHOULD!

RC Racer
    i work for coca-cola and my sales guys could when theys cars so its more then 100 i agree a couple of 1;000 tryed to buy from them thay just wanted to give to there kids or sell on ebay well still trying to by from them but no luck lol
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC poster
    It kills me to see people trashing them. I don't get it, what's the prob with running a lid for the street and keeping one for the shelf. I do this with all my RCs. Ces't la Vie, just makes the Mint ones even more Rare.

Don't sweat it, its just seems like people like to point out they don't think it's as rare as the people calling it rare believe it to be. I find it amusing as its okay to assume its XXXX + without any concrete foundation to build the opinion, but wrong to assume its XXX or 1XXX. Geustimations are in the end still just a guess. I've been doing my fair share of looking for these kits and with the sheer lack of them being available, a handful of pictures, a few videos, and when they pop up (when they do) the numbers don't suggest 1000's. However the fact remains the same "rarest 1/16 TRX kit to date" so its all good whatever the number may be.

This is going to be the SHelf Queen, never driven. Sitting next to her is a Boss 302 that is made to drive, and a MERV. The MERV is tricked out, and I'm putting the Boss 302 together out of spare parts and ebay what's missing. I'm on RC 9 in the stable, its about time I built one only for show.

In case you haven't guessed already

"Seven Deadly Sins"

Last edited by Dadx2mj; 12-08-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Content

RC poster
    sorry dup post

Nice. Now the RCs wheels just need to be changed to the black Rally ones to Match! That Revo is nice btw.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..