Thread: Good Deal?

RC Enthusiast

Good Deal?

Bought this from a very good friend of mine. He treats all of his RC's like a baby. He has some that he has built and never even started. He purchased this one last year about this time and he said he only put about 10-12 tanks thru it including the break in.

here are some pictures. I had to pay him 100 and a laptop I don't use. Very nice laptop but I just done use it because I have 3 others and it was just sitting around. I do want to convert it to a Revo soon.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...204_211212.jpg
    http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...204_211205.jpg
    http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/v...204_211136.jpg

Welcome to the fourms! Wow, I'd buy that as soon as you can, that's a great deal. Just the parts on it, not including the engine is worth more than $100. Just the shocks, drive-shafts, a-arms, and the diffs are worth more than that! Even if the motor was shot, it would be a good deal. The receiver looks a little sketchy, and you can see he wrapped the antenna around the engine roll bar. That could give you some radio problems... If you want to check the engine's condition, turn it over and check for good compression. Also, take the glow plug out and look at the color of the top of the piston. If it's silver, either he just cleaned it, or it's almost brand new. If it's a golden brown color, then that's good. If it's dark colored or black on top, the engine was ran too lean, meaning there is a possible chance of engine damage. If you can, have him start it up and drive it for you. Make sure that the engine runs well, no stalling, bogging, or refusing to run once the engine gets warmed up. Those are all sign of issues with the tune, or the engine. Look for a good strong blue smoke trail at full throttle, just not to the point there is unburnt fuel coming out of the exhaust. A nitro engine in good condition, when well tuned, will idle for a long time, without stalling or shutting off. Check and make sure there is no clicking when you turn the wheels, if it does click or make sounds, that could mean diff/transmission problems. Look for cracks, bending, or leaking oil/fuel around the engine. That could mean bad engine bearings, or a faulty carb body/seal. Even if it has some problems, it still "looks" like a great deal. Over all, I'd say go for it! Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Enthusiast
    I already bought it. it runs awesome. engine is very tight. i posted some pictures of the motor apart inside of the engine section. it runs great.

Fast. Had to do a little tuning because he last ran it int he hot summer and it is now cool. It is almost brand new. he is the kind that buys rc cars mainly for display.

RC Enthusiast
    The only negative is that it only has a cheap Am system with it. He let me get it to test it out. I have the new traxxas system enroute.

Converting it to a revo would cost a bit of money you would need the a-arms, axle shafts, turnbuckles, push rods, wheels, also the transmission is geared for the smaller tires and the springs are lighter because of the shorter a-arms.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    looking at a roller on ebay now with just a short time left. may end up with 2 trucks. The second might be converted into a e-slayer when all said and done.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hjsmith00843 View Post
    The only negative is that it only has a cheap Am system with it. He let me get it to test it out. I have the new traxxas system enroute.
    right on..the 2.4 traxxas receiver and remote is a much better system! awesome deal congrats