RC Enthusiast

Solding traxxas plug...

I am right now trying to solder a traxxas plug to my new battery. I have soldered the cable to the metal traxxas thing. But when i am trying to put that metal rod into the the plastic it wont go far enough in... Anyone know what i am doing wrong? i know its abit hard to understand but I'm desperate

RC Champion
    If you have any part of the solder or wire soldered past the cross hatched marks on the brass tab, or If any part sticks off the sides too far, it won't fit in.. I use a vise and a file to file the area if any solder runs past the line.. Then I use a small flat blade screw driver to push on the tab beside the soldered wire.. It will "click" a small click noise when it seats in.
    The china brand Traxxas style connectors are much more bit and miss for how good they fit together.. If yours say "TRX", then you have the good Traxxas ones..

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    In addition to what mad said, make sure the wires fit into the housing. If your using 8ga like on the china brand, youll need to trim the wires some. The Trx are also very picky on solder, if your not neat and clean, youll have issues.

Insert the tab into the connector while it is still hot, just after the solder cools. If your tab isnt perfectly soldered, it will melt itself into place, rather than simply not go in. Place it into the connector with pliers then push it the rest of the way in with a small tool. I like small hex or torx screw drivers.

If your still annoyed with them, make the switch to EC5s. So much easier to solder and unplug. Also handles more amps!
    Last edited by chapinb; 12-06-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed bad brand name.

RC Enthusiast
    Think i got it fixed now Finally got some lipos to test my new beast. And i LOVE IT! Dont know what my runtime will be thoug. Have 2s 5800mah 40-80c.
    Went out for a little late night run but the cold got to me before i could run the batteries empty

The truck feels way more powerful with these batteries compared to the stock ones ^^

Thanks for the fast reply guys

Sweet...lipos make a huge difference. Enjoy mate .
    Rock n Rolla !