RC Enthusiast

dwblue00's rally build

Hello all here on the Rally forum. I have been lurking around here for a while and seen the builds of others rally cars. I just got a rally about 2 weeks ago and I love this car! Anyways some of the upgrades I have done are Traxxas aluminum front knuckles, and knuckle mount, tekno rc cvd and bearing carrier setup with RPM arms and Traxxas aluminum bearing adaptor and swaybars. I have also taken my dremel and beveled the foam bumper for nose down descends. I have been running my car at my local track and set it up as a mix of tarmac and offroad setup. Handles verywell and always looking to get more out to the car by taking suggestions and mods that work. Well anyways enjoy my pics!

RC Champion
    Good start, like the beveling of the bumper. I run in a parking garage and the speed bump's get me.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Looks good! Keep us posted an all of your future updates! Do you have any other updates planned for it?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    By the way, Welcome to the forum's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    I want to do some further updates....like test losi springs on this car and play with roll centers. I also love how strong the brakes are on the velineon system. I do have a Spektrum radio system in this car. Has anyone used STRC shock bodies in place of the stock ultra shocks? Also what about RPM 2 stage pistons? Please let me know! Like I said, i'm always looking to get more out of this car. I am loving every minute of driving it though.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys......BTW......RPM has some new stuff for the 2wd trans in slash, rustler, bandit, pede, and MJs

RC Enthusiast
    Has anyone noticed that the stock arms on this car are like a carbon composite? I'm going to have to check by re-installing and doing a slight torque twist test. Stock arms may be stiffer?!

RC Champion
    the stock material is stiffer than RPM...RPM is softer to allow more flex and less "breakage". So, what you're giving up in performance, you're gaining is durability.

Performance being rigidity and precision - this translates into performance handling through suspension setups.

RC Enthusiast
    Okay proper suspension tuning and set up is important and dont get me wrong I love rpms durability. Also being responsive is important. By all means i'm not complaining....but i'm used to racing 2wd stadium truck stiff, stiff chassis and stiff arms make for a responsive vehicle.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Welcome to the forum man!! Nice build and love what you are doing to it. Keep up the good work and have fun.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    indeed, and I agree. I'm not saying either one is better than the other. I suppose if I were trying to be VERY PRECISE, then one would be better than the other. If I were trying to provide TONS of fun without worry of damage, then I would say one is better than the other.

All depends on what you're looking for. My last post was only to save you from "Twist testing to failure" and ruining a set of arms. HOWEVER, part of the fun in this hobby is testing! I love to break things just to see how far I can take it. In this respect, I would say, test consistantly and often! Heck, you may find something that we never thought of. Again, thats the fun in the hobby.

So, with all that out of the way, I like what you're doing with the Rally, let us know what you find with the suspension tuning - Pretty please! hehe

RC Enthusiast
    I was going to die reinstall them and give the arms a slight twist to see how flexible the stock ones are to the RPM ones.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Diggerpede :-)

RC Enthusiast
    So far my suspension setup is simple. You have seen most of it. I did however up the shock oils to 50 wt. front 40 wt. rear and TiNi shock shafts.

RC Enthusiast
    Got the rally back out on the track today. I tested losi springs....blue fronts and green rears. I have found, for my track that this combo is a bit soft. Im going to go back to stock progressive springs and jump to 70wt. Oil front and 60 wr rear. Im also looking into maybe getting a center diff. Im still reading up on its operation and seeing how the slash 4x4 guys like it.