RC Champion

Brushed to Brushless Motor Options...?

Ime fairly new to the 1/16 world but i have always owned a traxxas...picked up an e revo and my boy will get a 1/16 Grave Digger for xmas, Ime wondering if the 3m brushless will bolt up or can i use a 3s setup ? or will i need a new motor plate. ?
    Last edited by jaman; 12-06-2012 at 09:57 AM.

RC Champion
    It will fit with a new gear ratio unless you have a big block. Then you will also need a motor mount. The gear ratio is just to make use of the extra power. 3s will work but no one will recommend using it for long runs otherwise the speed control will get burnt out.

RC Champion
    right now it has the titan 12t.... this thing is screaming brushless, so ime sure my boys truck will to. So i can bolt up the 3m brushless ? or i need a new motor plate for it?

RC Champion
    I wonder if the 3m esc will run the Velineon 3500 motor ?

RC Racer
    I did the same thing for Christmas. Son has a brand new Grave Digger waiting for DEC. 25th and my Revo was delivered 3 days ago! Mine has a Castle 5700 with a SV2 speed controller. Very fast and powerfull. I zon contemplating swaping for a stock V system or something that draws less power. I still get 20+ min run time with my 2200 2c lipo.

To fit the big block you would need a Tremble(sp?) motor mount. I don't think they are much.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by custmemaxx1 View Post
    I did the same thing for Christmas. Son has a brand new Grave Digger waiting for DEC. 25th and my Revo was delivered 3 days ago! Mine has a Castle 5700 with a SV2 speed controller. Very fast and powerfull. I zon contemplating swaping for a stock V system or something that draws less power. I still get 20+ min run time with my 2200 2c lipo.

To fit the big block you would need a Tremble(sp?) motor mount. I don't think they are much.
    I did a little searching too and i found a motor plate setup that i will need x2.... unless the 1/16 drivetrain can handle the big block brushless.....

If you currently have a Titan bolted up to your RC, the V3500 will bolt right up as well. No need to change anything as you already have a "big block" mount.

The 3M WILL NOT power the V3500 for very long... it barely powers the stock V380 motor!

With proper slipper clutch settings, the stock drive train can handle the power of a big block system.

Keep in mind with the 3500 and all other aspects the same, you will actually go slower than a V380 as the 3500 motor spins 500rpm slower for every volt it is fed.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.