RC Qualifier

air cleaner tube.

So just tore up my second intake tube. no matter what i do or even when i think i got it out of the way. something stupid happens like going to fast over the jump. lol and always send my spur gear thro the intake tube. and my lhs that is somewhat close to me are never any help. lol. didn't know if anyone knew a mod to cure this problem or what am i doing wrong? cause it's a tight fit there and now kinda worried i bent my chassis.

If it is really close then you bent the chassis. There should be a few mm distance between the spur and tube. I don't believe the tube comes separately but you could get the Revo 2.5 air filter assembly and swap over the high flow filter to the tube. From what I have seen they are the same but I don't have experience in the swap so I'm not sure if it is entirely accurate. If it does work then you may save a dollar or two.
    The Super Derecho

The distance between the air filter tube and the spur gear is really tight even when stock, But if the spur gear is larger than stock, or if the carborator is out of line, or if your buying the wrong air filter tube, or maybe your not putting the air fliter on all of the way. I hope for you it's not the frame that is bent. But, you just never know. If it is the frame, I feel for ya buddy.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

M2C makes a chassis brace for the revo and slayer I have never used one but many on the revo forum have

M2C-Racing-Traxxas-Revo-Slayer-Motor-Brace
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Qualifier
    yea i went to my lhs and they had a intake tube for a 2.5 revo picked it up. had to loosen my motor mounts to just get the tube. so pretty sure my frame is bent. which sucks. lol was checking out the advantage frames anyone have any experience with these? just feel itd be better but not sure how much flex they would have.

RC Qualifier
    Or has anyone had a bad motor mount that has the same issue?

Yes a broken motor mount can cause the same problem.

RC Qualifier
    what are some options for a motor mount? all i have seen is the factory one and integey. case i'm def going to look into that brace. just because i'm in the middle of building a track and plan on putting atleast one big stupid jump in it. lol

I would stick with the stock mount. A new stock mount is less then 20.00 if you get a stronger mount you just move the place it will breaks to some place more expensive like the engine block and that would be over 100.00.

RC Qualifier
    yea def have to agree with you on that. and i just put a new motor in this winter and don't want to do that again. cause i'm pretty sure id convert it to electric if that happend. i mean don't get me wrong i love nitro just want to carry less when i go bash....
    Last edited by BomberSTi; 05-24-2012 at 12:46 PM.

RC Competitor
    If your frame is bent, you can get a brand new one for $6.17. Also, it will give you a chance to clean stuff up as you switch it all over.

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...3.3-Pro/Detail

or

Motor mount is only $6.64

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...-ENGINE/Detail

RC Qualifier
    thanks rcaddict. actually think i'm going to get two of the chassis and start a whole nother build. lol

That's some great prices they have.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy View Post
    That's some great prices they have.
    I agree and they also ship USPS 1st class.

RC Qualifier
    The carbon fiber vantage chassis is sweet. From what i've seen they are pretty durable but 100 dollars is a lot for a chassis.

RC Qualifier
    yea i have been checking the vantage chassis out but haven't ran into anyone that has used one to see if they are worth it. hate to spend that kind of money for one and have it not being worth it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy View Post
    I would stick with the stock mount. A new stock mount is less then 20.00 if you get a stronger mount you just move the place it will breaks to some place more expensive like the engine block and that would be over 100.00.
    Yes the weak point would move to the chassis or the engine.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Enthusiast
    Not to revive an old thread, but I too have run into this issue. I bought my 3rd intake tube for the same reasons, my spur gear chewed up the first two. I'm also on my 3rd spur gear. My chassis is not bent as my truck is COMPLETELY torn down and in my pit box right now, I've had it for 1 1/2 years and figured with all my bashing it needed a good thorough cleaning. I haven't been easy on it, I've bashed it hard.

Really like this truck and the power it has. Gonna do a build video series, similar to what DJ Medic is doing on his 5t, and add a few upgrades. Also, my Carb looks to have been chewed up by my spur gear aswell, but that could have been my fault as this is my first nitro and I'm on a bit of a learning curve. Looking at going with the integy steel spur gear, any other possible alternatives? Thanks, and if need be I'll start my own thread so as to not hijack this one.

RC Qualifier
    Hey no prob on bringing it back. I forgot about this one, and realized that I neve came back to it. But I ended up getting a new motor mount for mine and my problem is gone. Went thro a whole gallon with the same tube, which was a huge step forward. So that's the one suggestion I'd have is to get a new motor mount, cause like you I'm not easy with mine at all.

And for the integy steel spur gear, STAY AWAY!. . I bought one when I first bought my truck, I ran it for two tanks worth and left with a trashed clutch bell. If you wanting a steel spur, Id look into Robinson Racing. They sell a hardend set (spur and cb). I still run orgianl set-up with a plastic spur and stell cb, and since I swapped out my motor mount been running like a champ.

RC Enthusiast
    i don't mind the plastic ones, cheap to replace. just sucks if you're trying to race and you strip one. I'll check out Robinson to see if it's worth it. thanks for the advice