RC Racer

What Brushless and ESC can i use for 3.3 conversion

im converting one of my revos to brushless i already have the tekno conversion kit on the way, i want to no my options for motor and esc, i want it brushless but i don't want to pay the castle Mamba Monster price for the esc and motor lol i well but i really would love to no if theres a cheaper way ? i would love to beable to get both esc and motor for 150-200 for both new, another question that would help me is my tekno kit is made for the mamba monster, what other traxxas motors are the same in size as if i could i would also go the vxl rote

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

RC Qualifier
    there is some affordable subsitutes and names we cant put up here but i have never really had any luck with there ecs's i have burnt a couple up some might have been my fault but not all of them and this is just my .02 but the motors are good . looking at techno's mount the velineon motor will work but you would really have to watch you weight and gear down and watch temp but this is not ideal but if you pick it up cheap or have one laying around you might be ok i have it in a 3906 emaxx and runs great but it really light for what it is and quick (radared at 48mph in second gear vid in emaxx brushless forum ) but good luck with which ever way you choose

RC Racer
    wouls this combo work? http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-m4a.html ? thanks

RC Racer
    would the Castle Creations 1/10 2400Kv 1415 Motor work for this conversion?

RC Racer
    I'm running the 2000k sensored version and its honestly more than the truck can handle. But over all couldn't be happier with it
    Who needs brakes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by savingliberty View Post
    that is an option, not my option, I would stick with the MMM....jmo
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

That combo would work I have the same motor and runs cool all day running 21/65 4s lipos in my emaxx . I have though the 120amp ESC same brand though and runs cool as well. Check out rcecho.com for the same system cheaper and its in stock you can get a discount sometimes. They carry pinions and a motor cooling fan as well but not needed.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    im a nitro guy really new to the brushless world i got a noob qustion lol whats the kv mean ? is the lower kv the better?

RC Champion
    kv stands for kila volts. the lower the kv the more power but a higher kv will spin faster so if geared right the higher kv will have about the same power.

the lower the kv the more torque, but you need higher voltage to get the power out of it...

you can get the speed by gearing it up....

RC Racer
    i think im gona just get the mamba monster full set up i can get it on ebay for 200 shipped brand new from one of the chopshops

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i think im gona just get the mamba monster full set up i can get it on ebay for 200 shipped brand new from one of the chopshops
    That's the best you can do, and you will have castle warranty and flat rates repairs after the warranty expires, others don't have that. I doubt you will find it for that price unless it is used. Check tower hobbies you might be able to do to easy payments.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ^^i agree thats what i did and heres the seller that i got mine from
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Castle-C...item1c27d9e897
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-06-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    looks like i found my new traxxas store lol never saw anything like that b4 easy pay, only down side they dont hthe motor and esc i do see one there im pretty sure it well work good but not traxxas so i cant say lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    you have probably read my thread but i'll post this here anyway lol http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...O-E-conversion
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-06-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    well not in a traxxas rig i meaN

RC Racer
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH i never came across it but i well look at thast forsure and if yours works great i'll be useing that as a blue print lol im nitro not brushless but im trying to get into it lol being allmost 30 with a baby boy that i love dearly btw lol its not so easy to keep up with the times so its great there's people like you to lay it out there

RC Racer
    i read the Online Community Behavior (Rules) and cant seem to find anything that would prevent me from asking this question lol im sorry mods if i missed something remove and forgive this is not advertisement but the only motor and esc i can find on tower hobbies is the "Flux HP 2200kV Brushless System" well that work for my revo conversion with my tekno kit? i just like the idea of paying 103.33 a mount for 3 months rather then 300 in one slap
    Last edited by savingliberty; 12-06-2012 at 10:06 PM.

The F system is just a Castle MMM relabled to say that F truck.....

same motor & ESC just looks a bit different....
    Last edited by 87 GN; 12-06-2012 at 10:10 PM.

RC Racer
    so im good to order good to have you guys around

RC Racer
    i'll just paint the crud f logo off lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run the hpi blur on my emaxx is the same MMM esc, but waterproofed. I heard a new waterproof version is coming out, not sure when. This is what I found on tower H.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&P=9&I=LXDAVJ
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 12-06-2012 at 11:18 PM.

RC Racer
    whats the hpi blur?

RC Racer
    is that just the esc?