RC poster

Pro-Line Pro Trac kit + new combo

Hi all,
    I would like buy to stampede this kit:
    http://prolineracing.com/performance...t-stampede4x4/

Please tell me, what i need to buy yet?
    Front axle is without upgrade (tuning) and on a rear i have got this MIPs http://www.thetoyz.com/Traxxas/Stamp...ain/MIP/14368/

I was thinking about changing the motor and ESC.
    Have you got some recommendations? I want Mamba, but I don´t know what to choose.
    is a cheaper alternative than Mamba??

Thanks for answer and i sorry beacuse my English isn´t good

RC Champion
    Devil.The protrac is a good up greade.Widens your pede and better handleing.You could also get some RPM 2.2 wide off set wheels to go a bit wider.
    Motor and ecs combo. MMP 3800 or some of the guys here like the castle 2400 motor with either the mmp or mmm esc.
    My 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by snowfighter; 12-06-2012 at 11:26 AM.

RC Champion
    Forgot to mention that the 2400 combo needs a little dremal work to fit the motor in.I have not done it but there is plenty of people who have and i sure they will be more than happy to help.
    Both them combo are amp hungery.some good lipos will be needed.

RC poster
    Thanks for reaction...
    Mmmmm Castle 2400 is great, but price is ouuu higher. do you know about a cheaper alternative than 2400??
    Which motor is better, the original Velineon 3500 or Castle 2400?? I use 3s LiPol ....
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I can't recommend you about protrac, but about the motor.
    The stock velineon of the stampede vxl is already great, there's just the really annoying temperature issue.
    If you want to fix the temperature issue, go with a bigger motor with lower kv (2400 instead of 3500.) the lower kv, the less heat.
    I'm one of these guy who bought and recommend the castle 2400kv with the mamba max pro. Yes, it's expensive, but you'll be more than satisfied.
    +no temperature issue
    +more TORQUE
    +put up to 4s lipo with the esc mamba max pro
    +top speed of 70+ mph with a 20-22 pinion gear (and a 4s lipo)
    -expensive
    -longer motor, so you need to dremel a bit

If your budget is limiting you, keep the stock Velineon motor and esc and buy some fan.
    Last edited by emmanhello; 12-06-2012 at 12:16 PM.

RC Champion
    I have not used a 2400 motor. Compared to the 3500 it is bigger and 4 pole vs two in the velineon.
    Run cooler and gear it to the moon for what i understand.Hope somebody chimes in that has the 2400 set in their pede to give u a better answer.The info i gave u is from what i have read here in the forum. My next build will be the 4x4 pede with the 2400 combo in it.
    Last edited by snowfighter; 12-06-2012 at 12:17 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i just got my pede 4x4 in a trade it has the 2400 runs stupid fast on just a 3 cell . mine has the slash chassis and the motor fit with no dremeling. i got about ten min of run time when i went from half throttle to full throttle striped a hex and hit the curb breaking a caster block it sucked new truck 10 min of runing now down time but anways get the mm and 2400 will spin all 4 with ease and i have trenchers on it

RC Champion
    Down time is always a bummer. Fish did you have aluminum hexs ??

RC Qualifier
    yes i did sorry i stipped the wheel

RC poster
    Guys thanks for your answers, i have got one more question:

Velineon 3500 vs Castle 2400 with 3s Lipol ... which motor is better with 3s?? speed? torque?

Why dont you try a hobbywing sc8 120a esc and a tenshock 4 pole 3400kv motor for about $140.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Straight from castle. That might help you.
    A high power capable brushless motor in electrical engineering and physics terms, has unlimited torque. We live in “the real world” so technically for us that’s not totally true, but – a brushed motor has a torque level that due to its design has an upper limit, regardless of how much power is being applied to it. That limit is low enough that you can see it clearly on an average track On the other hand, a high power brushless motor’s limit to torque in an RC vehicle is not within the bounds of the motor itself so much, but rather falls on the ability of the battery to deliver current to it. We generally don’t describe these motors in terms of “one has more torque than the other”, but rather “the 7700Kv motor is faster and draws more current than a 5700Kv motor in the same vehicle”. It draws more current, because it’s making the car go faster and doing more work than the 5700 motor is. As long as the batteries used are very good at supplying current without an excess of voltage depression (low internal resistance is good) both motors will appear to have the same torque, even though one is much faster than the other. Battery technology is constantly improving, and the first thing you’ll notice when you use a very good battery pack (or perhaps trying a Lipo pack for the first time) with these systems is a more “punchy” feel when you accelerate. The faster you set up the car to go at full throttle, the more reliant you are on good batteries to flow that current into the motor and maintain acceleration performance. So think of torque as a function of battery capability only.
    Kv = RPM per volt.
    so the 2400kv is slower than the velineon, but it's also way more stronger.
    As I said, if you put a 22t pinion with the 2400kv, you still can reach 60mph+ with a 3s lipo.
    Last edited by emmanhello; 12-08-2012 at 05:37 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Why dont you try a hobbywing sc8 120a esc and a tenshock 4 pole 3400kv motor for about $140.....peace
    I just got this comb with the 3800kv motor. It's a Christmas gift, so I don't get to play with it until 12/25...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    I just got this comb with the 3800kv motor. It's a Christmas gift, so I don't get to play with it until 12/25...
    Plus the ESC is waterproof...

RC Qualifier
    The 2400 is awesome in the pede it does require some dremel work but it is so worth it if money is the issue just keep the stock and save up. On 3s the 4 pole is always going to have more torque the 3500 will have higher revs but will work harder to move the truck than a 2400 geared properly.the 2400 geared 19 54 in mine never gets above 135 and the esc stays around 105 even after 2 3s packs.

RC poster
    I fall in love to Castle, which combo buy??
    And i have got last question, is combo (Engine+ESC) waterproof?? .... I need waterproof components.

I rode yesterday at snow, WoooW ..... do you use anybody this http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Concepts-I...60779051334%26 or any other variant??

I am thinking about changing tires, original is no good. Have you got any recommendation?? I planing ride at terrain, road(asphalt) and snow, i need a universal tires, i want buy tires with new discs.
    Is good idea change HEX to other size?? for mount a bigger tires?

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    You will love the combo dude i am running the v1 sc411 3500kv on 2s and 3s with 17t pinion and 54t spur and it only gets a little hot on 3s if you do speed runs for the whole pack....peace

And when i mean a little hot i mean about 140-150f max

RC poster
    I fall in love to Castle, which combo buy??
    And i have got last question, is combo (Engine+ESC) waterproof?? .... I need waterproof components.

I rode yesterday at snow, WoooW ..... do you use anybody this http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Concepts-I...60779051334%26 or any other variant??

I am thinking about changing tires, original is no good. Have you got any recommendation?? I planing ride at terrain, road(asphalt) and snow, i need a universal tires, i want buy tires with new discs.
    Is good idea change HEX to other size?? for mount a bigger tires?

Thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    I use the Mamba Max Pro SCT combo (with a 2400kv) but it's not waterproof. I fixed that with some hot glue and silicon and my esc is almost waterproof (may void your warranty, depend on how you put that on the electronic)
    The Dusty Motor shroud cover is the best thing I bought to protect it from dust, mud and water. The two combined make the stampede able to ride anywhere, snow, mud, sand, puddle, etc..