RC Qualifier

New Stampede - Replace Bearing Adapter Now?

Hi, brand new truck. I bought the aluminum bearing adapter. Should I replace it now or wait until the plastic one fails? If I decide to take this all apart for the new bearing adapter, what else should I replace/upgrade? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    What battery's are you using? If 2s the stock if fine. Especially in winter. I'd replace it later if you trash a spur gear etc and need to removed the rear diff.

I would do it right away one less thing to worry about dude happy bashing.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks spnniepoos. What components have to come out to get at the bearing..

RC Qualifier
    Don't worry. Had mine in for a while on 2s and it was still in perfect condition. But if you need/must then the two big screws on the bottom and the two big ones near the shock tower and it will wiggle free.....Lot of fear about part failure on here yet the truck is robust as **** if you're on the nimh/2s battery's.

Edit: I didn't swear there honest!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I would also pic up a new center bearing. I had really good results using one from My e-savage... Avid is also a good place to get one(only 1$/bearing at avidrc). I had some issues with the blue seal trx bearings in this location.

If you dont do it now, it will prob cost you a bit more to replace the parts that are gonna fail if the bearing seizes up. Most important though, keep the bearing clean and do it often:
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???