RC Qualifier

1/16 Grave digger Diffs shiming

hey guys i have a mini grave digger and i am so worried that when i go brushless the diffs aren't gonna hold up. so do i just need allum... bulk head or is their no way to fix it.. and just driving it gradually up to speed and not gunning it will that help or it doesn't matter it will still eat my teeth... i dont have it yyet but i am hearing bad things about it .... what do you guys think and what could fix it or am i just out of luck please help yes i am alittle sad hope everything goes well

RC Qualifier
    If it were me I would just drive it until something goes wrong, I would take it easy it first and then start getting on it a little harder every once in awhile and see how everything holds up. Or you can just drive it until you break something then just upgrade that part everything will be fine if you take care of it
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Thank you very much You have now given me hope i will just be extra carefull

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just have the slipper set so it slips a bit .that would help

RC Qualifier
    Wow thanks for All the good Feed back i will certanily do

RC Racer
    I say drive it like you stole it then upgrade what is needed. If you want to be proactive then shim the diff. Parts are so cheap for r.c trucks that you can afford to replace the ring and pinion if they get chewed up.

RC poster
    doing donuts in gravel dust helped wipe-out one diff. another time was when i was jumping with my slipper clutch too tight. dont be afraid if you hear the clutch slipping, its doing its job
    Last edited by neu_merv_dude; 12-08-2012 at 12:58 AM.