Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

New Summit has intermitant throttle "delay"

Hi all, this is my first post here and its regarding my first R/C car so, please understand that although I have tons of mechanical abilities this stuff is all new to me!
    Anyway, I have a brand new 1/16 summit VXL with TQi 2.4 remote and I get an intermittent hesitation when applying throttle. I have read through the manual and not found anything that seemed obvious.
    It almost feels like an old slot-car remote that needs the contacts cleaned - ha

Any suggestions are appreciated

thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    First, WELCOME!

I would reset the controller and recalibrate the ESC... directions should be in the manual, and a whole lot better than I could tell you.

If that does not clear up the issue, calling Traxxas will. Shoot, they will even walk you through a complete reset... and if it doesn't solve anything, they will probably have you send in some parts and replace whatever it is is wrong with your RC. That is what is great about Traxxas... they stand behind their stuff!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I'll do that this afternoon!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Let us know how it goes!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I had similar delays or and stopping and a few power outages lol sent the esc
    back and i have a new lab tested (maybe tweeked to perfection) esc. The one i bought
    yea i couldent wait the six days? i think, to get a replacment. It is in perfect working order

Ive had my vxl since aug this year still stock cept for steel hollow balls i love it.

No other breakage has accured but i dont do 10 foot high flights.
    if you go lipo u may might will start to break things.

Oh i did install a 18 tooth pinion
    It sucked the stock battery quickly the batt got hot motor and esc stayed cool
    Not sur the discharge rate but 10 might b close

Enjoy your ride